United Nations Foundation

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Public Affairs Intern Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at United Nations Foundation in June 2013.

Interview Details – This wasn't very tough. I had a phone interview where I was asked some technical and behavioral questions. I was asked to come in a few days later for an in person interview and went and was offered the position a few days after that

Interview Question – Who are your female heroes   Answer Question

Intern
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at United Nations Foundation.

Interview Details – Phone interview: asked in depth questions about what I wanted to get out of this position

Interview Question – What are three things you would change about the department?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – accepted offer

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at United Nations Foundation in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for an admin position a few months ago, had one phone interview with HR, then an in person with HR and a department employee. I was told, after i asked, that I was one of three people out of 600 who had applied, which was daunting but cool! I didn't get the job, I was called by the HR guy who explained why, and although it was not nice to be told i was unsuccessful, he encouraged me to keep applying, its tough to be the number one candidate and being one of three was no mean feat.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was in my current job, how to I prioritize tasks from different team members, when the priority may not be overtly clear.   View Answer

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at United Nations Foundation.

Interview Details – I applied for an intern position online and got an interview a few weeks later. The interview was OK, and they said, "we'll contact you next week". But it just never happened - no response ever since, not even a rejection email. I sent a follow-up email to the interviewer, reiterating my interested and trying to ask about the status, but still got ignored and no response. Kinda frustrating.

I understand no response for a resume-only-application. But come on, this is a in-person interview...I mean, I would be OK with the fact that I am not qualified and thus rejected, but not like this, not like a silent, rude rejection.

Such wouldn't be the boss i'd like to work with anyway.

Interview Question – Describe yourself and why you applied for this position   Answer Question

Management Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at United Nations Foundation in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was seamless. I had an initial phone interview with my potential superiors, an interview with the department, and then a final interview with human resources. The interviews were conducted in a professional, yet casual manner. I was impressed with the questions asked regarding both my personal and professional background. Overall, a very good interview experience.

Interview Question – What previous professional experiences have prepared you to execute the advertised position?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

The process took 2 months - interviewed at United Nations Foundation in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was excellent, although I did not get the job i was impressed by the organization and the interview process as a whole. I felt that the process was fair, very challenging and well planned.

Interview Questions

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at United Nations Foundation in January 2011.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume online, I was contacted by someone from HR. They sent me 5 questions that I had to answer and return in a few days (why are yo interested in the position, etc.) . After they reviewed my answers, I was called for an interview. My interview was rescheduled 1 hour before it was supposed to take place. When I showed up for my rescheduled interview I was supposed to meet with three people, but only spoke with one person. The woman I spoke with didn't have anything prepared for the interview, just a casual conversation. I was a little surprised by the process. I got the impression that the office is busy, but that they also weren't particularly interested in interviewing for the open position (it was not a priority).

Interview Question – What about working for the United Nations Foundation interests you?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at United Nations Foundation in October 2010.

Interview Details – It was not a long process.

Interview Question – What skills can you bring to the organization?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for United Nations Foundation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at United Nations Foundation interview questions and advice in Washington, DC. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by United Nations Foundation employees and interview candidates.