United Nations

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied online - interviewed at United Nations in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online in December and I had been contacted in May. The interview lasted 20 minutes in total. Was supposed to be an informal interview I found it very tricky.

Interview Question – What you passionate about, what is your experience with confidential situation or documents, technical question like how do you do legal research what you are looking for first.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at United Nations.

Interview Details – Very technical questions; asked about language skills, previous working experience, knowledge of particular countries. Overall, interview lasted for about 20 minutes. Was dealing with one interviewer. Pretty straightforward interview.

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at United Nations.

Interview Details – phone interview, it's easy and simple like why do you want this internship, tell me more about yourself....etc. They are not hard and organized. just apply through the career website and hiring manager will contact you directly

Interview Question – what kind of skills do you have?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at United Nations.

Interview Details – I applied for the international internship program offered by the UN. With just a month before the start date I received an email saying if I am still interested in the position. As I was, I submitted two references and then the Human Resources department sent me an acceptance letter. No phone calls, no in person interviews.

Interview Question – There was no interview.   View Answers (2)

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at United Nations.

Interview Details – Registered online with the INSPIRA process. Mailed the department directly through the official website.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at United Nations in April 2010.

Interview Details – I first applied online through the UN career website. I had to submit my resume and fill in online form specifying my previous experiences and educational background. A part of this process was creating your profile where you indicate your areas of interest and expertise. I have not heard from their Internship program for another 2 months before I contacted them with a question. In two weeks after my e-mail I received an e-mail from my supervisor who asked if I might be interested in interning with her department in role of legal assistant. I was definitely very interested and excited about this opportunity. We scheduled the telephone interview that went extremely well, and in a couple of weeks I have got the offer.

Interview Question – Are you sure that this experience/internship will be useful for you taking into account your previous work experience and educational background?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – unpaid intership

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at United Nations in November 2010.

Interview Details – I got an email and was invited for one on one interview. After the interview they asked me to write an article and send it to them. After the submission, they got back to me in a few days with an offer. Overall, good interview experience.

Interview Question – Walk me through your resume?   View Answer

Interviewed at United Nations

Interview Details – applied on-line, the process took 6 months
first contacted via email after the on-line application, followed by a phone interview
no test in phone interview but a brief introduction about the office
a paper test after the phone interview with several subjective questions

Interview Question – no difficult question   Answer Question

Geneva (Switzerland)

I applied online - interviewed at United Nations in September 2010.

Interview Details – I waited for three months for an interview with UN HQ for an internship. I applied directly to the department I was interested in. I was rejected for the position I originally applied but was suggested to do an interview with another position. Questions were pretty general and simple. I had to go through 2 interviews and was offered a position in three days.

Negotiation Details – Internship, no paid salary

Intern

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at United Nations in January 2011.

Interview Details – Fairly easy, competency based interviews. They contacted me from a database of potential interns in a different office but I thought the opportunity was interesting and had a panel interview with about 5 people in a small office where I was asked basic questions. Took about an hour and got the offer the following day.

Interview Question – What your work ethic is?   View Answer

Worked for United Nations? Contribute to the Community!