United Nations Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at United Nations.

I did not get interview, but UN took about 5 months to evaluate online application. You have to fill in the online application and created your own account number, then choose which department and opening you fit for.

Other Interview Reviews for United Nations

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at United Nations.

Very technical questions; asked about language skills, previous working experience, knowledge of particular countries. Overall, interview lasted for about 20 minutes. Was dealing with one interviewer. Pretty straightforward interview.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at United Nations in May 2014.

I applied online in December and I had been contacted in May. The interview lasted 20 minutes in total. Was supposed to be an informal interview I found it very tricky.

Interview Questions
    • What you passionate about, what is your experience with confidential situation or documents, technical question like how do you do legal research what you are looking for first.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United Nations.

phone interview, it's easy and simple like why do you want this internship, tell me more about yourself....etc. They are not hard and organized. just apply through the career website and hiring manager will contact you directly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at United Nations.

I applied for the international internship program offered by the UN. With just a month before the start date I received an email saying if I am still interested in the position. As I was, I submitted two references and then the Human Resources department sent me an acceptance letter. No phone calls, no in person interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at United Nations.

Registered online with the INSPIRA process. Mailed the department directly through the official website.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at United Nations in November 2010.

I got an email and was invited for one on one interview. After the interview they asked me to write an article and send it to them. After the submission, they got back to me in a few days with an offer. Overall, good interview experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at United Nations in April 2010.

I first applied online through the UN career website. I had to submit my resume and fill in online form specifying my previous experiences and educational background. A part of this process was creating your profile where you indicate your areas of interest and expertise. I have not heard from their Internship program for another 2 months before I contacted them with a question. In two weeks after my e-mail I received an e-mail from my supervisor who asked if I might be interested in interning with her department in role of legal assistant. I was definitely very interested and excited about this opportunity. We scheduled the telephone interview that went extremely well, and in a couple of weeks I have got the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Are you sure that this experience/internship will be useful for you taking into account your previous work experience and educational background?   Answer Question
    unpaid intership

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at United Nations in February 2015.

I was tested for technical knowledge and practical experience relating to the job duties. Most of the questions were related to the job description but some were focused on my personality and my academic qualifications. On the whole, the interview went very well. It was then followed by a written test.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at United Nations.

Online Application on Inspira
    Contact via email after being short-listed
    Interview Date on very short notice (1 day after the reception of the invitation)
    Skype Interview with the lawyer responsible for the project (camera blocked)
    Interview lasted for only about 10 minutes and did not use the competency-based format; rather she asked about why I wanted to intern with UNEP, what would make me a good candidate, explained the responsibilities in further detail and asked if I could do them. Overall, the interviewer was very friendly and didn't ask any tricky questions