United Nations Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at United Nations.

Interview

Interviewed with my supervisor on the phone. He asked about previous work experience, education background. The reason why you want to work at this department. Experience conducting economics research. Rank the type of tasks you are comfortable working.
Available time of the week (during school term). Possibility for extension after two month contract.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for United Nations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at United Nations (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and took 2 weeks to get the interview call. The interview lasted for 40 minutes with two people asking questions. Both of them were people from the group that I will potentially be working for. It was a pleasant and fast interview.

Interview Questions

• Three things that you or your friends like about yourself; one thing that you or your friends do not like about you.
      Why do you want to work at UN? for this department?
      Do you have any specific question for us?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at United Nations.

Interview

I did not get interview, but UN took about 5 months to evaluate online application. You have to fill in the online application and created your own account number, then choose which department and opening you fit for.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at United Nations.

Interview

Very technical questions; asked about language skills, previous working experience, knowledge of particular countries. Overall, interview lasted for about 20 minutes. Was dealing with one interviewer. Pretty straightforward interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at United Nations in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online in December and I had been contacted in May. The interview lasted 20 minutes in total. Was supposed to be an informal interview I found it very tricky.

Interview Questions

• What you passionate about, what is your experience with confidential situation or documents, technical question like how do you do legal research what you are looking for first.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at United Nations (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The first interview is a phone interview, which lasted about 40 mins, the questions are fair and simple, they ask questions such as if you were in a conflict, what would you do to solve that? How do you see yourself in a team? and etc.. The interviewers are nice. In general, it is a good experience. However, they rescheduled twice before the interview

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest achievement so far?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United Nations.

Interview

phone interview, it's easy and simple like why do you want this internship, tell me more about yourself....etc. They are not hard and organized. just apply through the career website and hiring manager will contact you directly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at United Nations (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for the international internship program offered by the UN. With just a month before the start date I received an email saying if I am still interested in the position. As I was, I submitted two references and then the Human Resources department sent me an acceptance letter. No phone calls, no in person interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at United Nations (New York, NY).

Interview

Registered online with the INSPIRA process. Mailed the department directly through the official website.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at United Nations (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

I got an email and was invited for one on one interview. After the interview they asked me to write an article and send it to them. After the submission, they got back to me in a few days with an offer. Overall, good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume?   1 Answer