United Nations

58 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Economic Affairs Interview

Economic Affairs

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at United Nations.

Interview Details – No interview for this position. But I ever got an interview before from Management Department, there were a phone interview, and a technical test. In the phone interview, there are two interviewees asking me about my work experience and how I faced challenges during work, how I collaborated with others.

Interview Question – no unexpected question. Just ask about your previous leadership and collaboration experience in multi-cultural environment. Also, about how to face failure.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at United Nations.

Interview Details – Took the required clerical test, including typing, for people without an advanced degree (Master's, etc.). Did well, was offered a job pretty quickly in a high-level office. The process was surprisingly quick. I started work within a short period of time after the clerical test results came in. I think they took a little while to come in, but I don't remember how long, exactly. I started over 10 years ago so I don't recall the details of timing.

Interview Question – I don't recall any very difficult questions. I answered everything truthfully and honestly, even admitting when I didn't fully know a certain skill.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, I was not able to negotiate since the UN has a set civil servant-type pay scale with grades and steps within the grades. I was given a slightly higher starting salary than normally given since I had prior desired work-experience.

Intern In Department of Public Information Interview

Intern In Department of Public Information
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at United Nations in May 2013.

Interview Details – First, I got an Email checking my availability for interview. Secondly, I went to UN Headquarter for an interview. Questions are very standard: my 3 strengths, 3 weaknesses; we also went over my cv

Interview Question – All questions are standard   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at United Nations.

Interview Details – phone interview, it's easy and simple like why do you want this internship, tell me more about yourself....etc. They are not hard and organized. just apply through the career website and hiring manager will contact you directly

Interview Question – what kind of skills do you have?   Answer Question

SAP Training Developer Interview

SAP Training Developer
New York, NY

I interviewed at United Nations in December 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Interview on a Wednesday called on Friday to be on site Tuesday

Negotiation Details – They accepted my offer immediately

IT Consultant Interview

IT Consultant

Interviewed at United Nations

Interview Details – It was supposed to be a temporary position, so there was no formal interview process. I took the ASAT (Administrative Support Assistant Test) and passed it. Then my resume was placed in a pool and eventually a job offer was extended. Afterwards, the vice-chair of the service called me to verify that I possessed the necessary skills and the willingness to work long hours.

Negotiation Details – The salary was fixed, but shortly after I was hired they would fast-track my promotion process.

ICT Officer Interview

ICT Officer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at United Nations in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process is very professional and on subject. You have a written test and competency test to make up the evaluation. It can be excruciating in the competency if you have minimum work experience.

Interview Question – Question surrounding business or activity reengineering.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
New York, NY

Interview Details – The hiring was through an internship. I was firstly an intern for six months, after that they offered me a consulting position. This position was the same as the internship position, but just after I received some additional tasks - which mainly evolved around new coming interns.

Interview Question – I did not have a job interview with established questions, it was more based on my previous performance.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – one week

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at United Nations in October 2011.

Interview Details – Bizzare---they hire for a senior level position without actually meeting you in person. Only a phone interview!

Interview Question – Why do you thing we are not doing the great things you are talking about in your experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was fine

Information Officer Interview

Information Officer
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at United Nations in July 2009.

Interview Details – Had to take a few tests, but after that lots and lots of paperwork; standing in lines to process paperwork and obtain id.

Negotiation Details – none -- set pay scale based on international gov. salaries

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for United Nations? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at United Nations interview questions and advice. All 58 interview reviews posted anonymously by United Nations employees and interview candidates.