United Nations

Average Difficulty
62 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied online - interviewed at United Nations in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online in December and I had been contacted in May. The interview lasted 20 minutes in total. Was supposed to be an informal interview I found it very tricky.

Interview Question – What you passionate about, what is your experience with confidential situation or documents, technical question like how do you do legal research what you are looking for first.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Administration Interview

Administration
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at United Nations in May 2013.

Interview Details – Telephone interview. Questions eg: are you living in NY? Can you afford your own living? Most difficult question: we don't give you salary, are you ok... To sum up, at the start I was nervous. But later the interview was shown to itself just 10 mins.

Interview Question – Are you living in NY?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Get relax, be honest.

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at United Nations.

Interview Details – Very technical questions; asked about language skills, previous working experience, knowledge of particular countries. Overall, interview lasted for about 20 minutes. Was dealing with one interviewer. Pretty straightforward interview.

Economic Affairs Interview

Economic Affairs

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at United Nations.

Interview Details – No interview for this position. But I ever got an interview before from Management Department, there were a phone interview, and a technical test. In the phone interview, there are two interviewees asking me about my work experience and how I faced challenges during work, how I collaborated with others.

Interview Question – no unexpected question. Just ask about your previous leadership and collaboration experience in multi-cultural environment. Also, about how to face failure.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at United Nations.

Interview Details – Took the required clerical test, including typing, for people without an advanced degree (Master's, etc.). Did well, was offered a job pretty quickly in a high-level office. The process was surprisingly quick. I started work within a short period of time after the clerical test results came in. I think they took a little while to come in, but I don't remember how long, exactly. I started over 10 years ago so I don't recall the details of timing.

Interview Question – I don't recall any very difficult questions. I answered everything truthfully and honestly, even admitting when I didn't fully know a certain skill.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, I was not able to negotiate since the UN has a set civil servant-type pay scale with grades and steps within the grades. I was given a slightly higher starting salary than normally given since I had prior desired work-experience.

Intern In Department of Public Information Interview

Intern In Department of Public Information
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at United Nations in May 2013.

Interview Details – First, I got an Email checking my availability for interview. Secondly, I went to UN Headquarter for an interview. Questions are very standard: my 3 strengths, 3 weaknesses; we also went over my cv

Interview Question – All questions are standard   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at United Nations.

Interview Details – phone interview, it's easy and simple like why do you want this internship, tell me more about yourself....etc. They are not hard and organized. just apply through the career website and hiring manager will contact you directly

Interview Question – what kind of skills do you have?   Answer Question

SAP Training Developer Interview

SAP Training Developer
New York, NY

I interviewed at United Nations in December 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Interview on a Wednesday called on Friday to be on site Tuesday

Negotiation Details – They accepted my offer immediately

IT Consultant Interview

IT Consultant

Interviewed at United Nations

Interview Details – It was supposed to be a temporary position, so there was no formal interview process. I took the ASAT (Administrative Support Assistant Test) and passed it. Then my resume was placed in a pool and eventually a job offer was extended. Afterwards, the vice-chair of the service called me to verify that I possessed the necessary skills and the willingness to work long hours.

Negotiation Details – The salary was fixed, but shortly after I was hired they would fast-track my promotion process.

ICT Officer Interview

ICT Officer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at United Nations in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process is very professional and on subject. You have a written test and competency test to make up the evaluation. It can be excruciating in the competency if you have minimum work experience.

Interview Question – Question surrounding business or activity reengineering.   Answer Question

Worked for United Nations? Contribute to the Community!