United Nations

Updated Jan 2, 2015
Updated Jan 2, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at United Nations in May 2014.

I applied online in December and I had been contacted in May. The interview lasted 20 minutes in total. Was supposed to be an informal interview I found it very tricky.

Interview Questions
    • What you passionate about, what is your experience with confidential situation or documents, technical question like how do you do legal research what you are looking for first.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United Nations.

phone interview, it's easy and simple like why do you want this internship, tell me more about yourself....etc. They are not hard and organized. just apply through the career website and hiring manager will contact you directly

IT Consultant Interview

It was supposed to be a temporary position, so there was no formal interview process. I took the ASAT (Administrative Support Assistant Test) and passed it. Then my resume was placed in a pool and eventually a job offer was extended. Afterwards, the vice-chair of the service called me to verify that I possessed the necessary skills and the willingness to work long hours.

The salary was fixed, but shortly after I was hired they would fast-track my promotion process.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at United Nations.

The hiring was through an internship. I was firstly an intern for six months, after that they offered me a consulting position. This position was the same as the internship position, but just after I received some additional tasks - which mainly evolved around new coming interns.

Interview Questions
    • I did not have a job interview with established questions, it was more based on my previous performance.   Answer Question
    one week

SAP Training Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at United Nations in December 2013.

Phone Interview on a Wednesday called on Friday to be on site Tuesday

They accepted my offer immediately

ICT Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at United Nations in October 2013.

Interview process is very professional and on subject. You have a written test and competency test to make up the evaluation. It can be excruciating in the competency if you have minimum work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Question surrounding business or activity reengineering.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at United Nations.

I applied for the international internship program offered by the UN. With just a month before the start date I received an email saying if I am still interested in the position. As I was, I submitted two references and then the Human Resources department sent me an acceptance letter. No phone calls, no in person interviews.

Communications Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at United Nations.

First you do a written test and then a panel interview by phone. I was interviewed by a panel of 6 members and each asked a question. All the questions are competency based questions that you should link back to your professional experience by providing concrete examples of situations that demonstrate that competency.

Interview Questions
    • how you managed a challenging situation with a college or former boss   Answer Question
    they send you a contract for you to sign. little to NO room for negotiation as the salary and benefits are per the post description and level.

Intern In Department of Public Information Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at United Nations in May 2013.

First, I got an Email checking my availability for interview. Secondly, I went to UN Headquarter for an interview. Questions are very standard: my 3 strengths, 3 weaknesses; we also went over my cv

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at United Nations.

Registered online with the INSPIRA process. Mailed the department directly through the official website.