United Nations

Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.8

SAP Training Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at United Nations in December 2013.

Phone Interview on a Wednesday called on Friday to be on site Tuesday

They accepted my offer immediately

ICT Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at United Nations in October 2013.

Interview process is very professional and on subject. You have a written test and competency test to make up the evaluation. It can be excruciating in the competency if you have minimum work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Question surrounding business or activity reengineering.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at United Nations.

I applied for the international internship program offered by the UN. With just a month before the start date I received an email saying if I am still interested in the position. As I was, I submitted two references and then the Human Resources department sent me an acceptance letter. No phone calls, no in person interviews.

Communications Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at United Nations.

First you do a written test and then a panel interview by phone. I was interviewed by a panel of 6 members and each asked a question. All the questions are competency based questions that you should link back to your professional experience by providing concrete examples of situations that demonstrate that competency.

Interview Questions
    • how you managed a challenging situation with a college or former boss   Answer Question
    they send you a contract for you to sign. little to NO room for negotiation as the salary and benefits are per the post description and level.

Intern In Department of Public Information Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at United Nations in May 2013.

First, I got an Email checking my availability for interview. Secondly, I went to UN Headquarter for an interview. Questions are very standard: my 3 strengths, 3 weaknesses; we also went over my cv

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at United Nations.

Registered online with the INSPIRA process. Mailed the department directly through the official website.

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at United Nations in May 2013.

Telephone interview. Questions eg: are you living in NY? Can you afford your own living? Most difficult question: we don't give you salary, are you ok... To sum up, at the start I was nervous. But later the interview was shown to itself just 10 mins.

Get relax, be honest.

Intern- Office of Legal Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at United Nations in March 2013.

Applied Online, and got a phone interview many many weeks later, but it wasnt tricky or anything.

Interview Questions
    Internship, so no salary requirements.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

interviewed at United Nations in March 2013.

First round is phone interview by the HR; and then they sent an online test; two days after they invited for onsite interview in their office with the head of the office and other project team members.
    Why UN? Any experience within UN system before?...

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions are expected, not very difficult, they asked about your experience on your resume, and your expectations about the position.   Answer Question

Untv Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at United Nations.

i applied through inspira and was told later that i got the job because of the passion they sensed in my cover letter. be precise about your experience and how it fits with the requirements in the announcement.

Interview Questions
    • you have to go through your work experience before you go in for the interview because they do tend to ask detailed questions about previous work.   Answer Question