United Natural Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Corporate Buyer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at United Natural in April 2014.

My first interview came about 4 months after I had sent my application; it was a phone interview with one of the HR Managers. It lasted for about an hour; told me about the company and its history, talked about the position and what it all entails, etc. My next interview (three weeks later) was with a Manager who went through the program I was applying to just two years ago. We went more in depth about the Corporate Buyer Trainee and its role in the company. My final interview happened at the office I would be in, I, in my part, dropped the ball on this one as I did not ask if UNFI was going to pay for my flight from Dallas to Denver for the on-site interview. I thought they would ask about it during the interview process or something. The final interview consisted of three, 30 minute long, separate interviews - two with my WOULD BE bosses and one with the head of HR. The first two was pretty rough, they asked technical and behavioral-type questions, as with the interview with HR it was just talking about how I would fit into the company's culture. I was told I would find out the results if I got hired or not within two weeks. Two weeks go by, no phone call or email. Then a month. I called one of the hiring managers and left him an email, no response. I email two other employees that I had interviewed with, still nothing. I call and leave two more messages. I call HR three times. After a month and a half of waiting, I get a plain-jane email stating that I did not make the cut. It was extremely unprofessional for them to do this. At the very least, they could have told me why I did not make the cut, and A PHONE CALL. Frustrating!

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a situation that which you did not plan for?   Answer Question

Field Sales/Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Iowa City, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at United Natural.

Submitted resume and cover letter via email, got an interview right away. Took a couple of weeks to start job after being offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult at all. I seemed to be the perfect fit for the position. I was a little confused with the vast array of products offered to the customer but after a couple of days on the job there was no question.   Answer Question

Senior Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chesterfield, NH
    Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, NH

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at United Natural.

The interview process started quickly with immediate feedback from the HR department, including completion of a lengthy application. The interview seemed to go well, but the follow up was non-existent, and there was no response to emails to the hiring manager. I felt this organization lacked basic business etiquette.

Interview Questions
    • There were no specific questions asked. I felt the interview lacked structure & focus.   View Answer

Director, Fresh Food Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aurora, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at United Natural in August 2009.

Was contacted via a third party recruiter for this position. Interviewed primarily with position supervisor and was quickly offered the position. Some communications facilitated via HR.

2 day process, conversation directly with hiring manager.

Truck Driver Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at United Natural in July 2012.

I interviewed with 2 people, both of whom were gone within a year of my hire. They called me several times before doing an in-person interview. The interview itself was fairly straightforward. They did over-promise a lot, however. Their were no extra Smith System training certifications and once hired, the promised work-life balance was out the window.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? Difficult because I was making several dollars more an hour with the job I had already when I interviewed.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. They also insisted I not give two weeks notice. I did anyway and still got the job.

Second Shift Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenwood, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at United Natural in June 2012.

I was given a phone screen by the HR manager at the time and she then passed me on to a phone call with the GM. That call was short as I was asked to come in for a face to face with him as well as the First Shift Warehouse Manager in a separate meet. Most of the interview questions were behavioral based questions which are answered easily if you have the past experience.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I had and hands on budgeting experience, which I did not. I had accountability for a department but not necessarily the line item of the budget. Here I would be paying for my supervisor salaries as well as the hourly wages and overtime. I would also be purchasing all clothing for the freezer personnel.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate vacation time with my offer. I also was given relocation and 3 months hotel stay while searching for a house.

Creative Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Providence, RI
    Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at United Natural in March 2013.

I had initially submitted an online application and then was able to secure a personal referral to HR. I was contacted by an intern for a 10 minute screening call - which took several days to schedule because of her limited schedule. Her demeanor was very robotic. No acknowledgement that I had a strong personal introduction at the executive level. After a brief screening call I received a pro-forma email rejection 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • No questions related to the position or my skills - more general about greatest challenge, learning experience, management style etc.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rocklin, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at United Natural in February 2010.

Interview process was quick and easy, received job offer right away, but it took almost 2 months to start as they were waiting on my background check. It finally came through clear, but the screening process from offer to start was ridiculous.

No negotiation, they offer the same base salary everyone gets regardless of experience. You take it or you decline, but they refuse to increase.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Providence, RI
    Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at United Natural in November 2011.

Went Well, nice people

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chesterfield, NH
    Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, NH

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at United Natural in April 2012.

Initially contacted by the HR-Rep very personable. Most of the questions were your basic phone interview type questions. Was contacted several days later to come in for 1:2 interview process. The interview was conducted in a large conference room. The interviewers gave a overall description of the company and the position applied for. The interview consisted of both interviewers asking questions and taking notes.

Interview Questions
    • If you were offered the position over and internal candidate who interviewed, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Most of the employees have worked 5+ years in this department. Being the leader in this position how do you motivate them and gain their trust.   Answer Question

Worked for United Natural? Contribute to the Community!