United Natural Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United Natural.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview with an HR person halfway across the country from the office I would have worked in. He called 15 minutes late so that wasn't the best first impression. He ended up talking for most of 30 mins we were on the phone. I was then invited to do a skype interview where they sent me the questions beforehand and I recorded myself answering them. After, I was invited to an in person interview at the office I would have been placed in. I met with one manager in the department and he asked pretty generic questions and a few situation type questions. It then took them over a month to get back to me and I was turned down.

Interview Questions

•  Tell me about a time when you were aware that a team member was struggling with an assignment.  Describe a time when your ability to read people worked well for you.  Provide an example about a time when you handled a disagreement or conflict.  Describe a time when you didn’t have all the information you needed.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United Natural.

Interview

First had a phone interview in March. Didn't hear back for about a month for a second interview. After that, I waited about another month for the third interview. Two weeks after the third interview in June, I am sure that I will be offered the position. I hear back with news that I am a great candidate, but they are unfortunately eliminating the position I applied for...and therefore not hiring anyone. From March to June I waited for nothing. Very disappointing.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at United Natural (Arlington, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR person for a phone interview first. Then I went to stage two where I interviewed in person with the Western US Sales Manager. It was a one hour interview that went well, I felt. I was told that someone would contact me in two weeks to discuss next steps. I was never contacted again by either the internal HR people or the hiring manager. I even sent them two e-mails requesting the status of my interview. NO reply! Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult employee that you ever managed and how did you handle the situation.   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Interview

A person called and left a msg. They didn't say which company they calling from, but I knew based on the phone # on my caller ID & the job title she stated for the position. They stated they really liked my resume and wanted to do a phone interview & possibly have me come in for a face to face. Then they give me a cell phone # to call back. I found it odd they didn't give me the company's # or an extension for their office. I called the cell # 3 times & left msgs., even texted. They never called or replied. I called the company, couldn't get a person on the phone, just kept going around & around in the automated system. I finally managed to leave a msg. w/HR vm asking if someone could call back to verify this person did call me for an interview or if I'm even a candidate for the position, no response. Having read other reviews on this site and based on my experience w/o even walking through their doors, I'm glad it didn't pan out. This company doesn't sound like a place I'd want to work for.

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Natural (Providence, RI).

Interview

Contacted through recruiter. Had to negotiate for FT with benefits. Urine drug test that was not mentioned until after I accepted job and informed my current employer that I was leaving (fortunately not an issue in my case).

Interview Questions

• My particular interview was fairly straight forward, relating to relevant skills, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. I was willing to walk away and got 2.5% more, might have been able to do better.

Field Sales/Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at United Natural (Iowa City, IA).

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter via email, got an interview right away. Took a couple of weeks to start job after being offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult at all. I seemed to be the perfect fit for the position. I was a little confused with the vast array of products offered to the customer but after a couple of days on the job there was no question.   Answer Question

Senior Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at United Natural (Chesterfield, NH).

Interview

The interview process started quickly with immediate feedback from the HR department, including completion of a lengthy application. The interview seemed to go well, but the follow up was non-existent, and there was no response to emails to the hiring manager. I felt this organization lacked basic business etiquette.

Interview Questions

• There were no specific questions asked. I felt the interview lacked structure & focus.   1 Answer

Corporate Buyer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United Natural (Denver, CO) in April 2014.

Interview

My first interview came about 4 months after I had sent my application; it was a phone interview with one of the HR Managers. It lasted for about an hour; told me about the company and its history, talked about the position and what it all entails, etc. My next interview (three weeks later) was with a Manager who went through the program I was applying to just two years ago. We went more in depth about the Corporate Buyer Trainee and its role in the company. My final interview happened at the office I would be in, I, in my part, dropped the ball on this one as I did not ask if UNFI was going to pay for my flight from Dallas to Denver for the on-site interview. I thought they would ask about it during the interview process or something. The final interview consisted of three, 30 minute long, separate interviews - two with my WOULD BE bosses and one with the head of HR. The first two was pretty rough, they asked technical and behavioral-type questions, as with the interview with HR it was just talking about how I would fit into the company's culture. I was told I would find out the results if I got hired or not within two weeks. Two weeks go by, no phone call or email. Then a month. I called one of the hiring managers and left him an email, no response. I email two other employees that I had interviewed with, still nothing. I call and leave two more messages. I call HR three times. After a month and a half of waiting, I get a plain-jane email stating that I did not make the cut. It was extremely unprofessional for them to do this. At the very least, they could have told me why I did not make the cut, and A PHONE CALL. Frustrating!

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation that which you did not plan for?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at United Natural in April 2014.

Interview

- 2 phone interviews - 1 On-site interview with Director, VP, and HR - Hiring process lasted from April until July - I applied online through the company website for the Aspire Trainee program. I was contacted about a month later for my first phone interview, and had a follow up phone interview about 3 weeks later. Following the second phone interview I was asked to come on-site for an in person interview with the Purchasing department as well as HR. About 2-3 weeks later I received and offer and accepted!

Interview Questions

• How do you measure success? What does integrity mean to you? Does not having much experience scare you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Creative Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at United Natural (Providence, RI) in March 2013.

Interview

I had initially submitted an online application and then was able to secure a personal referral to HR. I was contacted by an intern for a 10 minute screening call - which took several days to schedule because of her limited schedule. Her demeanor was very robotic. No acknowledgement that I had a strong personal introduction at the executive level. After a brief screening call I received a pro-forma email rejection 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• No questions related to the position or my skills - more general about greatest challenge, learning experience, management style etc.   Answer Question