United Online

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at United Online.

Interview Details – I knew people so it wasn't an involved process.

Very Easy Interview

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Seattle, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at United Online in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for a position through their website. Several days later I received an email that they wanted to conduct a phone interview with me. We decided on a time that worked best for both of us.

The phone interview was typical - experiences, skills, etc. The lady seemed nice enough. However, it seemed that she did not really know a lot about the positons she was interviewing for. She went off a set of questions.

The call lasted 30mins. She cut the call off at exactly 30 minutes and said she had another meeting. No chance to ask any questions or as when they would get back to me.

Several days later I followed up, since I did not hear anything from them. They said they were waiting on a manager to get back to them. About a week later I received a cold, canned email stating that they were not proceeding forward with me.

Overall they could have managed their time better for the interview and communicate better about the next steps.

Interview Question – Describe your experience at each of your last positions.   Answer Question

Campaign Producer Interview

Campaign Producer
Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at United Online in July 2011.

Interview Details – Phone screening was very detailed. She said it would be a long interview process, then called back in 4 days for an interview.

The people interviewing me were a bit odd, jeans and tee shirt, the woman had no makeup and scraped-back hair, looked like they just rolled out of bed.

They were unprepared and seemed clueless. Long periods of silence. I asked them if they had questions or concerns, since they weren't asking anything.

Have heard nothing since.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Product Marketing Interview

Product Marketing

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at United Online in July 2014.

Interview Details – The overall responsiveness & professionalism leaves a bad taste. I had a conference call with the hiring manager which apparently went well as per the hiring manager. I was asked to meet them to discuss the job responsibilities in more detail. When I asked for details of meeting, no response - complete silence. It is quite perplexing to understand the reason for this lack of responsiveness.
If you didn't like the candidature, why set up the next meeting ? And if you want a second meeting which you initiated as a discussion, would you not honour it ? It makes complete sense to tell the candidate that they have found a better fit with someone else but zero communication makes me wonder if they even know what they are looking for

Interview Question – Basic questions about job you have done etc   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at United Online in August 2010.

Interview Details – I had applied on internet. Got a call from this company. I had attended the interview - one technical and one HR Round

Interview Question – Almost all questions were manageble as part of technical. The technical round was very cool. As part of HR round, I was asked to tell about myself and how did I reached to this position(current position at that time).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered more that what I had expected

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at United Online in August 2009.

Interview Details – One written test and an interview

Interview Question – I was a fresher then. Asked to implement a dictionary using data structures   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader

Interviewed at United Online

Interview Details – They dont have any standard hiring/interview process, basic technical knowledge is enough to crack the interview

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at United Online in May 2008.

Interview Details – !!!!-Interview date was May 2005. It was campus interview-!!!!
. The panel consisted of 5 people. They started with general C++/ C questions. One senior person was very sharp in his observations and comments. They asked questions and gave enough time to think and answer back.
One puzzle was asked, and though i could not answer it, I tried to crack it sincerely. It was my fresher job interview at my college campus.
What they liked about me was my commitment, sincerity and analytics.

Interview Question – I already had a job offer from IBM Global Services. They asked why you want to change.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at United Online in December 2011.

Interview Details – 4 to 6 rounds of screening and interview panel is so cool and make you very comfortable and they will deeply asking about your working exp in your previous company and then will come to technical part . Design skills will be asked. and then HR round. One more round with the internal team interview which is going to take it.

Interview Question – design concepts, coding skills, communication skills   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at United Online in March 2012.

Interview Details – The main criteria to get selected into united online is Ur aptitude and little bit of programming too. My advice is to concentrate on core programming concepts and not confined to any particular language or subject. U must have good aptitude as well. Written test would be tougher.

Interview Questions

• Basic algorithm to reverse a whole sentence or a string containing about 5 to 6 words?   Answer Question
  • Algorithm to eliminate repeated characters in a group of characters with minimum time complexity?   Answer Question

Worked for United Online? Contribute to the Community!