United Online Interview Questions

2.8

Network Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United Online.

I knew people so it wasn't an involved process.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

The process took a dayinterviewed at United Online in January 2012.

Applied for a position through their website. Several days later I received an email that they wanted to conduct a phone interview with me. We decided on a time that worked best for both of us.

The phone interview was typical - experiences, skills, etc. The lady seemed nice enough. However, it seemed that she did not really know a lot about the positons she was interviewing for. She went off a set of questions.

The call lasted 30mins. She cut the call off at exactly 30 minutes and said she had another meeting. No chance to ask any questions or as when they would get back to me.

Several days later I followed up, since I did not hear anything from them. They said they were waiting on a manager to get back to them. About a week later I received a cold, canned email stating that they were not proceeding forward with me.

Overall they could have managed their time better for the interview and communicate better about the next steps.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your experience at each of your last positions.   Answer Question

Campaign Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at United Online in July 2011.

Phone screening was very detailed. She said it would be a long interview process, then called back in 4 days for an interview.

The people interviewing me were a bit odd, jeans and tee shirt, the woman had no makeup and scraped-back hair, looked like they just rolled out of bed.

They were unprepared and seemed clueless. Long periods of silence. I asked them if they had questions or concerns, since they weren't asking anything.

Have heard nothing since.

Product Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at United Online in July 2014.

The overall responsiveness & professionalism leaves a bad taste. I had a conference call with the hiring manager which apparently went well as per the hiring manager. I was asked to meet them to discuss the job responsibilities in more detail. When I asked for details of meeting, no response - complete silence. It is quite perplexing to understand the reason for this lack of responsiveness.
    If you didn't like the candidature, why set up the next meeting ? And if you want a second meeting which you initiated as a discussion, would you not honour it ? It makes complete sense to tell the candidate that they have found a better fit with someone else but zero communication makes me wonder if they even know what they are looking for

Team Leader Interview

They dont have any standard hiring/interview process, basic technical knowledge is enough to crack the interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at United Online in March 2012.

The main criteria to get selected into united online is Ur aptitude and little bit of programming too. My advice is to concentrate on core programming concepts and not confined to any particular language or subject. U must have good aptitude as well. Written test would be tougher.

Interview Questions
    • Basic algorithm to reverse a whole sentence or a string containing about 5 to 6 words?   Answer Question
    • Algorithm to eliminate repeated characters in a group of characters with minimum time complexity?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at United Online in December 2011.

4 to 6 rounds of screening and interview panel is so cool and make you very comfortable and they will deeply asking about your working exp in your previous company and then will come to technical part . Design skills will be asked. and then HR round. One more round with the internal team interview which is going to take it.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at United Online in August 2010.

I had applied on internet. Got a call from this company. I had attended the interview - one technical and one HR Round

Interview Questions
    • Almost all questions were manageble as part of technical. The technical round was very cool. As part of HR round, I was asked to tell about myself and how did I reached to this position(current position at that time).   Answer Question
    I was offered more that what I had expected

Accounts Receivable Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at United Online in June 2010.

The corporate environment is casual. The person that interviewed me is the Director of Accounts Receivable. The job position was for a temporary assignment with a possibility for permanent position. We discussed what the job entails which is primarily to collect and properly record credit transactions which also entails foreign currency conversions. My take on the interview is that they were looking for a fit that had a prior experience in their field of business.

Interview Questions
    • What aspect of accounts reconciliation are you most unfamiliar with?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at United Online in August 2009.

One written test and an interview

Interview Questions
    • I was a fresher then. Asked to implement a dictionary using data structures   Answer Question