United Rentals Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2014
Updated May 23, 2014

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at United Rentals in May 2014.

I applied online. Had to take a test during the job application. I was called a week after I applied to set up an interview. During the interview with the Branch Manager, we went over the test and what kind of experience I have. Honestly there were no STAR questions which I really liked.

After that a second interview was set up with the Regional Manager. Asked similar questions that the Branch Manager asked, however they were more how I would fit in with the team and how I do with team environments as well as multi-tasking. After that interview I was called a week later and I got the job.

Overall the interview is not that bad. Make sure that you are yourself and you explain to them how you approach situations. Like I said I didn't have to explain any past experiences (Star Interview), they just wanted to know how I would react to certain situations.

Interview Questions
  • There were none. You only make the questions difficult on yourself if you don't have the experience they are actually looking for.   Answer Question
I might have been able to negotiate. However, I just took the offer as it is mainly because I am still somewhat entry level.

Other Interview Reviews for United Rentals

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at United Rentals in November 2013.

I first learned of the position from a career fair at my college. I was asked to come in for an initial interview with the branch manager and then a follow up interview with a regional sales director. I personally found the initial interview had more challenging questions. I felt confident about both interviews but another candidate who had more experience was chosen.

Interview Questions
    • What is the key to negotiations?
      Are you more oriented towards a management or sales role?
      Strengths/ Weaknesses?
      How did you handle a problem at your last job?
      Several questions relating to how you handle conflict and getting along with coworkers.
        Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at United Rentals.

Took quite awhile, very standard interview, rather extensive intelligence/aptitude/personality test. I was contacted by a recruiter first, then referred to local management.

Interview Questions
    • No particularly difficult questions. They were looking for someone who truly understood the job and company.   Answer Question
    None.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at United Rentals in October 2010.

Strong recruitment from local management
    Typical interview questions.

Goals: current, five years.
    Training:
    What if scenarios

Hiring process took about five weeks.

Various testing required after being hired.

Management was unsure what needed to be completed even to get benefits

None

Depending on location, I would suggest not working for this company. It is very much a "good ole boys network".

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at United Rentals.

Applied directly to branch from a newspaper help wanted ad. Had an interview with branch manager and after 2 hours of meeting i was hired. Had to do an online application and then a week of training at another branch.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at United Rentals.

Fill out the online application. Phone interview then an in person interview then wait for the call for a second interview with the Branch Manager and District Manager. IF you pass you take an online intelligence assessment. When the interviews are done you wait for the phone call or email from HR. Take the drug test and wait for the call if you are hired.

Interview Questions
    Told them what I needed for money and they offered a probationary hourly rate.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at United Rentals in November 2011.

First, I had a phone interview with a recruiter after being referred by an employee. Then I had 3 more interviews with management, which were in either panel style or an interview with 1 person.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember any questions being difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate higher pay than what was offered, but the offer I was first given remained as originally stated.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at United Rentals in May 2011.

It was a interview pretty standard with the behavioral interview process. All of the questions were behavior based and should be answered in the STAR format. There are about 6 questions are all based on previous expericences that you may have. The notification process is pretty quick if they want to offer you a position or if they feel that better people are qualified. It was my first experience with a behavioral interview so it was pretty difficult for me, you really just have to practice.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had a conflict with a co-worker and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question