United Rentals Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Hooksett, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United Rentals (Hooksett, NH) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, the application was pretty standard and featured assessments and a questionnaire. i had a phone interview first with a corporate HR personnel and then in person interview with branch manager. the manager told me i would receive notice in about a week, but then i received an email 2 days later letting me know they had chose someone else for the position

Interview Questions

• asked mostly about experience specifics. no real tough question. had clear things they were looking for   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for United Rentals

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at United Rentals in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Had to take a test during the job application. I was called a week after I applied to set up an interview. During the interview with the Branch Manager, we went over the test and what kind of experience I have. Honestly there were no STAR questions which I really liked.

After that a second interview was set up with the Regional Manager. Asked similar questions that the Branch Manager asked, however they were more how I would fit in with the team and how I do with team environments as well as multi-tasking. After that interview I was called a week later and I got the job.

Overall the interview is not that bad. Make sure that you are yourself and you explain to them how you approach situations. Like I said I didn't have to explain any past experiences (Star Interview), they just wanted to know how I would react to certain situations.

Interview Questions

• There were none. You only make the questions difficult on yourself if you don't have the experience they are actually looking for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I might have been able to negotiate. However, I just took the offer as it is mainly because I am still somewhat entry level.

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at United Rentals (Auburn, AL) in November 2013.

Interview

I first learned of the position from a career fair at my college. I was asked to come in for an initial interview with the branch manager and then a follow up interview with a regional sales director. I personally found the initial interview had more challenging questions. I felt confident about both interviews but another candidate who had more experience was chosen.

Interview Questions

• What is the key to negotiations?
      Are you more oriented towards a management or sales role?
      Strengths/ Weaknesses?
      How did you handle a problem at your last job?
      Several questions relating to how you handle conflict and getting along with coworkers.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at United Rentals (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2013.

Interview

Easy interview process. Referred by a current employee. Had a single phone interview, 1 on 1 branch interview with branch manager. Once you get the green light you get drug tested and onboarded. Usually takes about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with objection from a customer   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at United Rentals.

Interview

Took quite awhile, very standard interview, rather extensive intelligence/aptitude/personality test. I was contacted by a recruiter first, then referred to local management.

Interview Questions

• No particularly difficult questions. They were looking for someone who truly understood the job and company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United Rentals in March 2013.

Interview

It was about 2 week period after the interview and background checks. But very pleasant and keep you informed via email and had telephone phones available for questions.

Time was giving to complete the background and drug test.

Negotiation

I called back to let them know I would except it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at United Rentals (Knoxville, TN) in October 2010.

Interview

Strong recruitment from local management
    Typical interview questions.

Goals: current, five years.
    Training:
    What if scenarios

Hiring process took about five weeks.

Various testing required after being hired.

Management was unsure what needed to be completed even to get benefits

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Depending on location, I would suggest not working for this company. It is very much a "good ole boys network".

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at United Rentals.

Interview

Applied directly to branch from a newspaper help wanted ad. Had an interview with branch manager and after 2 hours of meeting i was hired. Had to do an online application and then a week of training at another branch.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at United Rentals.

Interview

Fill out the online application. Phone interview then an in person interview then wait for the call for a second interview with the Branch Manager and District Manager. IF you pass you take an online intelligence assessment. When the interviews are done you wait for the phone call or email from HR. Take the drug test and wait for the call if you are hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Told them what I needed for money and they offered a probationary hourly rate.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at United Rentals in November 2011.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview with a recruiter after being referred by an employee. Then I had 3 more interviews with management, which were in either panel style or an interview with 1 person.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember any questions being difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate higher pay than what was offered, but the offer I was first given remained as originally stated.