United Rentals Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.7

Service Writer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at United Rentals.

Interview

Took about 10 minutes it was in 2007 and thru a friend and very laid back. I knew going in that I was going to be hired. It was wonderful.

Interview Questions

• The Manager in charge of hiring at the Branch knew me so it was of a formality than anything else. I sat down with him and we chatted and I startwd 2 weeks later.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United Rentals (Hooksett, NH) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, the application was pretty standard and featured assessments and a questionnaire. i had a phone interview first with a corporate HR personnel and then in person interview with branch manager. the manager told me i would receive notice in about a week, but then i received an email 2 days later letting me know they had chose someone else for the position

Interview Questions

• asked mostly about experience specifics. no real tough question. had clear things they were looking for   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at United Rentals.

Interview

Very simple and fairly informal as it was more of a conversation than an interrogation. The gentlemen I met with was very informative and allow me to ask any question I wanted because he understood I would be making a big career change.

Interview Questions

• If I would be ok with being an outside sales rep rather than a branch manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much of a negotiation as they allow you to earn commission. The commission incentive is huge because it allows you to earn more money than just a set salary.

Credit Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at United Rentals (Charlotte, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Initial application online......received email invitation for online assessment ...after assessment received email invitation for a phone interview..then almost a month later received phone call to schedule a in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever work with liens & bonds?   1 Answer

Service Tech III Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at United Rentals (Williston, ND) in August 2014.

Interview

Took all about twenty minutes. Not stressful at all. Done over the phone due to being overseas at the time. Received offer through email. This job pays well in the oil fields but base salaries throughout the US are all in the low to mid 30's. Benefits aren't too bad but a little pricey if you have a family.

Interview Questions

• Difference between AC and DC, operation of an engine, difference between diesel and gasoline engines   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Interview

If you know someone its easy otherwisy very difficult. Also very much depends on manager and if he is in an approved crowd and can make a management descision on his own!

Interview Questions

They tried to lowball me at first then took my counter

Outside-Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at United Rentals.

Interview

Took 2 months. Did phone interview, district manager interview, branch manager interview. Took personality test, did drug screen and background screening got hired. Interview were fairly standard. They are very strict about their personality test. The background check took forever.

Interview Questions

• Taking the personality test was the hardest because you have to score %90 or above or they won't hire you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

they gave me a 6mo guarantee commission of 2k per month + salary of 2k per month. I opted out of the guarantee the first month I was in the field though.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at United Rentals in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Had to take a test during the job application. I was called a week after I applied to set up an interview. During the interview with the Branch Manager, we went over the test and what kind of experience I have. Honestly there were no STAR questions which I really liked.

After that a second interview was set up with the Regional Manager. Asked similar questions that the Branch Manager asked, however they were more how I would fit in with the team and how I do with team environments as well as multi-tasking. After that interview I was called a week later and I got the job.

Overall the interview is not that bad. Make sure that you are yourself and you explain to them how you approach situations. Like I said I didn't have to explain any past experiences (Star Interview), they just wanted to know how I would react to certain situations.

Interview Questions

• There were none. You only make the questions difficult on yourself if you don't have the experience they are actually looking for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I might have been able to negotiate. However, I just took the offer as it is mainly because I am still somewhat entry level.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

My interview and hiring process was many years ago. I recall it being very pleasant and informative. My job description was presented by HR and I met with several managers. The very next day I received a call from HR and was offer the position.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a previous issues with difficult customers.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at United Rentals (Orange, CA).

Interview

Interview went wonderful, loved everyone. Was made an offer, signed the paper and then they recinded the offer. Left me high and dry.