United Rentals Interview Questions in United States

Updated Mar 15, 2015
Updated Mar 15, 2015

2.7

Service Writer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at United Rentals.

Took about 10 minutes it was in 2007 and thru a friend and very laid back. I knew going in that I was going to be hired. It was wonderful.

Interview Questions
    • The Manager in charge of hiring at the Branch knew me so it was of a formality than anything else. I sat down with him and we chatted and I startwd 2 weeks later.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at United Rentals.

Very simple and fairly informal as it was more of a conversation than an interrogation. The gentlemen I met with was very informative and allow me to ask any question I wanted because he understood I would be making a big career change.

Interview Questions
    • If I would be ok with being an outside sales rep rather than a branch manager.   Answer Question
    Not much of a negotiation as they allow you to earn commission. The commission incentive is huge because it allows you to earn more money than just a set salary.

Credit Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at United Rentals in October 2014.

Initial application online......received email invitation for online assessment ...after assessment received email invitation for a phone interview..then almost a month later received phone call to schedule a in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever work with liens & bonds?   View Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

If you know someone its easy otherwisy very difficult. Also very much depends on manager and if he is in an approved crowd and can make a management descision on his own!

Interview Questions

They tried to lowball me at first then took my counter

Outside-Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at United Rentals.

Took 2 months. Did phone interview, district manager interview, branch manager interview. Took personality test, did drug screen and background screening got hired. Interview were fairly standard. They are very strict about their personality test. The background check took forever.

Interview Questions
    • Taking the personality test was the hardest because you have to score %90 or above or they won't hire you.   Answer Question
    they gave me a 6mo guarantee commission of 2k per month + salary of 2k per month. I opted out of the guarantee the first month I was in the field though.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at United Rentals in May 2014.

I applied online. Had to take a test during the job application. I was called a week after I applied to set up an interview. During the interview with the Branch Manager, we went over the test and what kind of experience I have. Honestly there were no STAR questions which I really liked.

After that a second interview was set up with the Regional Manager. Asked similar questions that the Branch Manager asked, however they were more how I would fit in with the team and how I do with team environments as well as multi-tasking. After that interview I was called a week later and I got the job.

Overall the interview is not that bad. Make sure that you are yourself and you explain to them how you approach situations. Like I said I didn't have to explain any past experiences (Star Interview), they just wanted to know how I would react to certain situations.

Interview Questions
    • There were none. You only make the questions difficult on yourself if you don't have the experience they are actually looking for.   Answer Question
    I might have been able to negotiate. However, I just took the offer as it is mainly because I am still somewhat entry level.

Administrative Assistant Interview

My interview and hiring process was many years ago. I recall it being very pleasant and informative. My job description was presented by HR and I met with several managers. The very next day I received a call from HR and was offer the position.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a previous issues with difficult customers.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at United Rentals.

Interview went wonderful, loved everyone. Was made an offer, signed the paper and then they recinded the offer. Left me high and dry.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at United Rentals in November 2013.

I first learned of the position from a career fair at my college. I was asked to come in for an initial interview with the branch manager and then a follow up interview with a regional sales director. I personally found the initial interview had more challenging questions. I felt confident about both interviews but another candidate who had more experience was chosen.

Interview Questions
    • What is the key to negotiations?
      Are you more oriented towards a management or sales role?
      Strengths/ Weaknesses?
      How did you handle a problem at your last job?
      Several questions relating to how you handle conflict and getting along with coworkers.

Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at United Rentals.

Long day of interviewing with EVERYONE in the department