United Site Services

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Customer Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at United Site Services in February 2011.

I was recruited by the local HR Manager over the phone. I met the Director of Customer Care and the VP of Operations at a hotel bar for the first interview. Then I flew to Southern California to interview with their VP of Ops and then to Chicago to interview with the SVP of Sales and Marketing.

Interview Questions
  • What was unexpected was how little the Director of Customer Care knew about call centers and customer service.   View Answer
  • What was unexpected was how desperate the VP's of Operations were to get a customer care manager who would help them grow their sales.   View Answer
I turned their first offer down because the pay would not be enough to support my family. They countered with a better offer and I accepted. The offer letter did not indicate that the offer was contingent upon me moving my family to the bay area, so I moved them about halfway closer, giving me the ability to commute to work and still afford to send my son to preschool. However, the entire time I worked there I was threatened that if I didn't move into the bay area I would be fired.