United Site Services

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Care Manager Interview

Customer Care Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at United Site Services in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was recruited by the local HR Manager over the phone. I met the Director of Customer Care and the VP of Operations at a hotel bar for the first interview. Then I flew to Southern California to interview with their VP of Ops and then to Chicago to interview with the SVP of Sales and Marketing.

Interview Questions

• What was unexpected was how little the Director of Customer Care knew about call centers and customer service.   View Answer
  • What was unexpected was how desperate the VP's of Operations were to get a customer care manager who would help them grow their sales.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I turned their first offer down because the pay would not be enough to support my family. They countered with a better offer and I accepted. The offer letter did not indicate that the offer was contingent upon me moving my family to the bay area, so I moved them about halfway closer, giving me the ability to commute to work and still afford to send my son to preschool. However, the entire time I worked there I was threatened that if I didn't move into the bay area I would be fired.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for United Site Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at United Site Services Customer Care Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by United Site Services employees and interview candidates.