United Space Alliance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Staff I Interview

Engineering Staff I
Cape Canaveral, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at United Space Alliance in November 2008.

Interview Details – Asked many questions from what seemed tp be a generated list. Most questions were applicable to working within a group and past work experience. Another point of interest was an explanation of what the job would require of me to do. It was very informative to ensure that not only was I a good fit into their company but that they were a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that you had to meet an important deadline and two people from the project quit?   Answer Question
  • How many light bulbs are in the building right now?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiations went well.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Engineer Staff I Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at United Space Alliance in January 2007.

Interview Details – I was intially contacted by telephone by the section manager. The phone interview lasted about 25 minutes and consisted primarily of questions regarding personality fit within the group I would be working with and to discuss the activities and functions that would be required. I was then contacted 2 weeks later to bring me from Tampa to Houston for a 1:1 interview with the same manager and the section lead. The interview primarily consisted of the same questions and the same discussion of the work requirements. It was understood that they did not expect anyone to come into the position knowing anything about the Space Shuttle so specific engineering skills were not of concern as much as personality fit and work ethic. I was contacted 1 week later by HR with an offer letter contingent on background investigation which took approximately 3 weeks. I started employment on February 14th with the first phone interview around the 2nd week of November.

Interview Question – None of the questions were truly difficult as they dealt primarily with work ethic and personality.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. All Engineer Staff I positions start at the same salary.
Ask lots of questions regarding who you will be working with, specific responsibilities, company policies, etc.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for United Space Alliance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at United Space Alliance Engineer Staff I interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by United Space Alliance employees and interview candidates.