United Space Alliance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer III Interview

Engineer III
Kennedy Space Center, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at United Space Alliance in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 3 different departments in same day. We then went on a tour with 4 other candidates and some current employees. You could tell there was a little competition between the candidates. It turned out that all of us were hired.

Interview Question – Explain coriolis effect.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Here is your salary is that ok.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Cape Canaveral, FL

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at United Space Alliance in July 2009.

Interview Details – Interview were very standard HR approved only questions asked by 2-3 managers

Interview Question – Can't remember - but it wasnt very hard   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for 6K more than offered, they gave me 4K more than original offer. perfect.

Subcontract Administrator IV Interview

Subcontract Administrator IV

Interviewed at United Space Alliance

Interview Details – United Space Alliance was a partnership between Rockwell and Lockheed and since I was a part of one of the companies, my interview was with the partner and a long time ago. Nothing currently beneficial.

Electronics Technician Interview

Electronics Technician
Cape Canaveral, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at United Space Alliance.

Interview Details – Written and verbal electronics test.
Normal interview questions
Received an offer a week later

Avionics Engineer Interview

Avionics Engineer
Cape Canaveral, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at United Space Alliance in April 2008.

Interview Details – engineering 4 page quiz and 4 peer review

Interview Question – detailed circuit analysis   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none....

Aerospace Technician Interview

Aerospace Technician
Cape Canaveral, FL

Interview Details – Very long process from intial job application. Interview consisted less of technical knowledge and more of questions pertaining to personal character, team skills, and other general traits along those lines. Very personable management. Seems to be bonus points to go in natural as your self. Also, military veteran another large bonus point.

Interview Question – Name what you consider to be your best achievement.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation allowed. Take it or leave it.

Engineering Staff I Interview

Engineering Staff I
Cape Canaveral, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at United Space Alliance in November 2008.

Interview Details – Asked many questions from what seemed tp be a generated list. Most questions were applicable to working within a group and past work experience. Another point of interest was an explanation of what the job would require of me to do. It was very informative to ensure that not only was I a good fit into their company but that they were a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that you had to meet an important deadline and two people from the project quit?   Answer Question
  • How many light bulbs are in the building right now?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiations went well.

Engineer Staff I Interview

Engineer Staff I

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at United Space Alliance in January 2007.

Interview Details – I was intially contacted by telephone by the section manager. The phone interview lasted about 25 minutes and consisted primarily of questions regarding personality fit within the group I would be working with and to discuss the activities and functions that would be required. I was then contacted 2 weeks later to bring me from Tampa to Houston for a 1:1 interview with the same manager and the section lead. The interview primarily consisted of the same questions and the same discussion of the work requirements. It was understood that they did not expect anyone to come into the position knowing anything about the Space Shuttle so specific engineering skills were not of concern as much as personality fit and work ethic. I was contacted 1 week later by HR with an offer letter contingent on background investigation which took approximately 3 weeks. I started employment on February 14th with the first phone interview around the 2nd week of November.

Interview Question – None of the questions were truly difficult as they dealt primarily with work ethic and personality.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. All Engineer Staff I positions start at the same salary.
Ask lots of questions regarding who you will be working with, specific responsibilities, company policies, etc.

C-op Interview

C-op

I applied online and interviewed at United Space Alliance.

Interview Details – I applied for a co-op position on their website. About 15 hours later, I got a call from the engineering hiring manager asking to set up a phone interview. Had the phone interview 2 days later. Had a second phone interview and got an offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions. The interview had both behavioral and technical questions.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at United Space Alliance in October 2008.

Interview Details – Recruitor called and spoke of my goal for the position.

Interview Question – How do you handle conflict?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not enouchg money, (55k)

Worked for United Space Alliance? Contribute to the Community!