United Space Alliance Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kennedy Space Center, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennedy Space Center, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at United Space Alliance in July 2010.

Interviewed with 3 different departments in same day. We then went on a tour with 4 other candidates and some current employees. You could tell there was a little competition between the candidates. It turned out that all of us were hired.

Interview Questions
    Here is your salary is that ok.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Canaveral, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at United Space Alliance in July 2009.

Interview were very standard HR approved only questions asked by 2-3 managers

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember - but it wasnt very hard   View Answer
    I asked for 6K more than offered, they gave me 4K more than original offer. perfect.

Subcontract Administrator IV Interview

United Space Alliance was a partnership between Rockwell and Lockheed and since I was a part of one of the companies, my interview was with the partner and a long time ago. Nothing currently beneficial.

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Canaveral, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at United Space Alliance.

Written and verbal electronics test.
    Normal interview questions
    Received an offer a week later

Avionics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Canaveral, FL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at United Space Alliance in April 2008.

engineering 4 page quiz and 4 peer review

none....

Aerospace Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Canaveral, FL

Very long process from intial job application. Interview consisted less of technical knowledge and more of questions pertaining to personal character, team skills, and other general traits along those lines. Very personable management. Seems to be bonus points to go in natural as your self. Also, military veteran another large bonus point.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation allowed. Take it or leave it.

Engineering Staff I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Canaveral, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at United Space Alliance in November 2008.

Asked many questions from what seemed tp be a generated list. Most questions were applicable to working within a group and past work experience. Another point of interest was an explanation of what the job would require of me to do. It was very informative to ensure that not only was I a good fit into their company but that they were a good fit for me.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation that you had to meet an important deadline and two people from the project quit?   Answer Question
    • How many light bulbs are in the building right now?   View Answer
    Negotiations went well.

Engineer Staff I Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at United Space Alliance in January 2007.

I was intially contacted by telephone by the section manager. The phone interview lasted about 25 minutes and consisted primarily of questions regarding personality fit within the group I would be working with and to discuss the activities and functions that would be required. I was then contacted 2 weeks later to bring me from Tampa to Houston for a 1:1 interview with the same manager and the section lead. The interview primarily consisted of the same questions and the same discussion of the work requirements. It was understood that they did not expect anyone to come into the position knowing anything about the Space Shuttle so specific engineering skills were not of concern as much as personality fit and work ethic. I was contacted 1 week later by HR with an offer letter contingent on background investigation which took approximately 3 weeks. I started employment on February 14th with the first phone interview around the 2nd week of November.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were truly difficult as they dealt primarily with work ethic and personality.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. All Engineer Staff I positions start at the same salary.
    Ask lots of questions regarding who you will be working with, specific responsibilities, company policies, etc.

C-op Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at United Space Alliance.

I applied for a co-op position on their website. About 15 hours later, I got a call from the engineering hiring manager asking to set up a phone interview. Had the phone interview 2 days later. Had a second phone interview and got an offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. The interview had both behavioral and technical questions.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at United Space Alliance in October 2008.

Recruitor called and spoke of my goal for the position.

Not enouchg money, (55k)

Worked for United Space Alliance? Contribute to the Community!