United States House of Representatives

www.house.gov

United States House of Representatives Constituent Services Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Mar 21, 2014

Average Difficulty
2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Constituent Services Representative Interview

Constituent Services Representative

I applied through college or university and interviewed at United States House of Representatives.

Interview Details – I applied for the job and I received a call back the following week for an interview with a two senior staffers. The interview went well, and I was asked to provide a writing sample and come back the next day for an interview with the member and chief-of-staff. This interview was much harder/stressful. I was asked many difficult questions and they did not seem impressed or interested.

Interview Question – They asked me how I felt about specific pieces of legislation (some that had been passed years ago) and only referred to the legislation by the bill numbers. I asked them to be more specific and they look at me like I was a complete idiot.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. They offered the job, starting salary (which was incredibly low), and explained the benefits.

Constituent Services Representative Interview

Constituent Services Representative
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at United States House of Representatives in May 2012.

Interview Details – Communicated clearly that they needed someone to fill this position. Management was very supportive and helpful in hiring me for the job. Interning put me ahead of the game for a staff position.

Interview Question – How can you explain the member whom you work for most recent vote on issue a, b, c?   View Answer

Worked for United States House of Representatives? Contribute to the Community!