United States House of Representatives

www.house.gov
  www.house.gov

United States House of Representatives Constituent Services Representative Interview Questions

3.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Constituent Services Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at United States House of Representatives.

I applied for the job and I received a call back the following week for an interview with a two senior staffers. The interview went well, and I was asked to provide a writing sample and come back the next day for an interview with the member and chief-of-staff. This interview was much harder/stressful. I was asked many difficult questions and they did not seem impressed or interested.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me how I felt about specific pieces of legislation (some that had been passed years ago) and only referred to the legislation by the bill numbers. I asked them to be more specific and they look at me like I was a complete idiot.   View Answer
There was no negotiation phase. They offered the job, starting salary (which was incredibly low), and explained the benefits.

Other Interview Reviews for United States House of Representatives

Constituent Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at United States House of Representatives in May 2012.

Communicated clearly that they needed someone to fill this position. Management was very supportive and helpful in hiring me for the job. Interning put me ahead of the game for a staff position.

Interview Questions
    • How can you explain the member whom you work for most recent vote on issue a, b, c?   View Answer