United States Liability Insurance Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Policy Issuer/Underwriting Assistant Interview

Policy Issuer/Underwriting Assistant
Wayne, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at United States Liability Insurance Group in May 2014.

Interview Details – I had an interview with USLI a few day ago. I think it is ridiculous that they have you do an assessement/personality test. They should base on whether you get hired on how you interviewed not by the score you receive on the assessement test.

Interview Question – There were no questions that were difficult or unexpected. The questions were very easy to answer.   Answer Question

College Intern Interview

College Intern
Wayne, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at United States Liability Insurance Group in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of both a 15-minute personal interview and a written exam for basic math, reading comprehension, and problem solving skills. The personal interview was mostly for the recruiter to determine which department we preferred to work in or which she believed we would fit best into, and the written exam was fairly straightforward and easy.

Interview Question – The questions in the interview were not difficult. They mostly asked about my career interests to try and get a better sense of which department I would fit into for the internship.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

College Intern Interview

College Intern
Wayne, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at United States Liability Insurance Group.

Interview Details – I sent in my résumé' with a friend and a call to attend an interview a few days later. I met with the internship coordinator for the interview and then I was given a standardized test. It was basically like high school based questions. The interview questions were more like a conversation. She was very pleasant and sweet. She also gave me a tour of the building. A few days later she emailed me a job offer.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question for the internship interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is a standard hourly rate for college interns

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Underwriting Assistant
San Ramon, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at United States Liability Insurance Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted within a few days. I went in for an interview and had 2 interviews, one with the head underwriter at the San Ramon office and another with a VP at their headquarters in PA. Afterwards, I took a basic math, spelling, and grammar test followed by a personality test called CALPERs which inexplicably contained some random math problems and puzzles. After all my testing was done I was given a tour of the office and introduced to everyone in the office. Was told I'd hear back from them in the next week and a half. I assumed the interview went well since they asked me to stay to meet the whole office but seeing as how I haven't heard anything in over a month I believe that assumption was wrong

Interview Question – Puzzles in personality test, they were logic based puzzles with shapes.   View Answer

Sales Enhancement Team Interview

Sales Enhancement Team

I applied online and interviewed at United States Liability Insurance Group.

Interview Details – I just started the interviewing process. The sales manager called me and he was very nice. I will have to go through several interviews before being hired. I am still trying to feel it out too.

Interview Question – No difficult questions yet.   Answer Question

Wayne, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at United States Liability Insurance Group.

Interview Details – The interview process is long and very detailed. There are several interviews that you will need to go through in order to get hired. However this is the case because they want to hire people that are the right fir for the company and will succeed long term with them.

Interview Question – It is as much about who you are and how you interact with others as your track record in the industry.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
King of Prussia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at United States Liability Insurance Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – comprehension test followed by on site tour and interview

Interview Question – Describe to me a time that you were challenged.   Answer Question

Wayne, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at United States Liability Insurance Group in November 2008.

Interview Details – After the initial phone screen, you can expect at least seven inteviews and will be brought back multiple times. (at least three- most likely 4) Included will be a two hundred question personality profile. Most of the interviews will consist of the same questions until you meet with Senior Executives. The entire process is frustrating and can take in excess of two months. When you are told about the benefits, be wary of a nine to five workday. You will be expected to work past five every day and arrivals between 8:45 and nine are frowned upon.

Interview Question – Tell me one person you would like to have dinner with   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, they will sell you on the strong benefits package

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at United States Liability Insurance Group in August 2012.

Interview Details – I had a great interview, it seems like a wonderful company to work for. My only gripe would be is the Caliper Test...Be warned you can have amazing references and credentials. However if you can not pass the test or as they call it the right "fit" you will NOT be hired. The companys puts all emphasis on the test and disregards the rest.

Interview Question – All there questions were fairly easy and or common there biggest suprise is the 180 Caliper test they make you take.The test should only be 1/3rd of there hiring process but instead they give that test full control on wether you are hired or not.   Answer Question

Policy Issuer Interview

Policy Issuer
Wayne, PA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at United States Liability Insurance Group in May 2012.

Interview Details – The first interview was a brief phone interview which lasted about 15 minutes. Basically was for the VP to get to know you and conduct a more informal interview than the in person interview. After the phone interview I scheduled an in person interview during a busy time of day at USLI. This consisted of meeting with 4 different department heads and basically talking about the same thing over and over (education, background, why insurance, why USLI, what I want to do in the future, etc.) Pretty standard questions, nothing obscure. Each interview was 1:1 and lasted 30 minutes each so by the end I was pretty exhausted talking about myself for 2 hours straight.

After the interviews I took a personality test and a skills test that was basically a watered down SAT test. By the time I was finished with those I left and they said they would get back to me.

I did not get the job offer because essentially I was not interested in the job role. I majored in Finance so I took the interview to feel out the industry and see if it was a good fit. Interviewers were very honest and described the job as very cut and dry, mostly clerical work. Once I heard that I was really turned off because in the follow-up they knew my passion wasn't in insurance. Great company with excellent benefits and from what I hear, decent pay. If you are interested in insurance, definitely apply because it seems like a great company.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at United States Liability Insurance Group

Worked for United States Liability Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!