United States Naval Academy Interview Questions

Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at United States Naval Academy

Budget Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at United States Naval Academy (Annapolis, MD) in June 2012.

Interview

I was already working for a higher echelon in Washington, DC that had some connection with the USNA. Since the Academy was much closer to home for me, my supervisor connected me with the Deputy Comptroller here. She called me in to meet with her and the person I would be replacing due to their retirement and we talked about my current work in DC that was related to financial analytics. The meeting was only about 30 minutes long and very personable.

Interview Questions

• Before I came for the interview, they asked me to send an example of some financial analysis I had done pertaining to any particular project. It was unexpected, but welcomed as I was happy to be able to prove myself with real data.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As a GS federal employee, the transition from DC to Annapolis was seamless and my pay was already set on a career ladder that the USNA agreed to pay from that point on.

Midshipman Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at United States Naval Academy (Annapolis, MD) in November 2009.

Interview

A long process is involved for any student desiring an appointment to the US Naval Academy. It will involve several interviews, most likely as a part of securing a nomination from your local senator or congressman. Interviews are often designed to determine your fit for the program as well as your determination to enter and complete the program.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to attend the Naval Academy?   Answer Question
    • Would you be interested in attending the Naval Academy Preparatory School if you do not receive an immediate appointment?   Answer Question

Environmental Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at United States Naval Academy (Great Lakes, IL) in April 2009.

Interview

First Interview was lunch interview with about 7 other employees from different departments. This setting was more personal, in the sense that more personal questions were asked about family and such. Then I received a tour of office and naval campus. Everyone was nice, but they were selling the government job way too hard. No young engineers on staff and few female engineers. They were very vague about responsibilities and were very discouraged that I was a mother. I overheard the female interviewer making a comment to the hiring manager in the hallway outside the interviewing room "How will she be able to travel with two kids?" The question about me travelling was asked and I answered honestly that I was interested in traveling and was seeking this in a position as well.

Unfortunately, I was not given an offer. So if you're a women out there applying for a job in a male dominated field, don't mention kids, remove car seats from your car before you go on interview. The female who interviewed me made a comment to the group that she saw I had two car seats in my car. Ultimately, i think my being a mother was the reason why I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you make this can of pop more safe?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time when you dealt with a difficult co-worker?   2 Answers

Music Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at United States Naval Academy (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

first of all this is my first experience and interview against outdoor job, but this my best experience of my life to face such a tough thing and i'm so glad for this

Interview Questions

• there is no such difficult or unexpected question because for this situation we learn and gain knowledge from academic side, that is why we have courage to stand in every difficulties   Answer Question

Midshipman Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at United States Naval Academy in May 2010.

Interview

Focused you would make an good leader, diversity you bring to student body