United States Steel

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at United States Steel in November 2014.

Process took about 4 weeks. I had an phone interview and then followed up with several in person interview with several groups. Several other candidates were there and each were taken into room at different time to be interviewed by two individuals.

Laborer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ecorse, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ecorse, MI

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at United States Steel.

long process - you must take a test with basic algebra, reading comp, etc, interview with recruiter, manager and area manager, a lot of behavioral questions , question on experience with basic tools, they work with a 3rd party vendor up until you pass the test, and if u pass the interview the 3rd party will email you an offer. you also receive on the job training

Interview Questions
    • depends on your job function - how did you handle a boss that told you to do a process that you knew was incorrect?   Answer Question
    no negotiation for hourly, only salary

Various Positions In Accounting/Administrativ/Training/Ordering/Receiving Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dravosburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dravosburg, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United States Steel.

What have you achieved? I have done many voluntary jobs where I have created training programs and carried the projects through. I have saved the company money I almost always got exceeds and far exceeds on my merit performances, which was not what most people got

Interview Questions
    Speak your mind and be confident and tell them exactly hat you can do for them.

Process Controls Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Granite City, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Granite City, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at United States Steel.

Phone interview with recruiter, in person interview, physical, background investigation, BAC test, hair drug test, urine test, blood test, lung capacity test, heart test, hearing test, vision test, be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that you went out of your way to get to learn about another culture.   Answer Question
    Pay was more than I expected.

Management Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at United States Steel in September 2014.

Applied through my school. Interview consisted of behavioural questions and the lady was not smiling or welcoming at all. She asked me of a time a played a leadership role. What do I know about the company?

IT Co-op/Intern Interview

Recruited on college campus by United States Steel college recruiter. Took their intern test consisting of problem solving and simple logic tests. Interviewed after taking the test.

Accounting Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at United States Steel.

Interview process was very through. There was a big career day with tours of the facilities. The next day was our first round interviews. I then received a call to come back and interview with managers. The manager I interviewed with ended up being my manager for the internship in the summer.

Utility Worker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at United States Steel.

online application assessment test formal interview drug testing physical

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braddock, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braddock, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at United States Steel.

Applied in January took the assessment test, super easy. E mailed two days later telling me to expect a phone interview, with in 2 weeks. Buddy of mine took only 3 days. Felony not a big deal

Utility Worker Interview

I applied online. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at United States Steel.

Online application, aptitude exam (very easy), phone interview, in person interview, drug and fitness screen, hiring pool or hired. If all these things occur and you pass you are hired.

Interview Questions
    • Specific questions relating to my work history to a possible situation in working in the environment of a steel mill.   Answer Question