United States Steel Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.8

Laborer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ecorse, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at United States Steel (Ecorse, MI).

Interview

long process - you must take a test with basic algebra, reading comp, etc, interview with recruiter, manager and area manager, a lot of behavioral questions , question on experience with basic tools, they work with a 3rd party vendor up until you pass the test, and if u pass the interview the 3rd party will email you an offer. you also receive on the job training

Interview Questions

• depends on your job function - how did you handle a boss that told you to do a process that you knew was incorrect?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation for hourly, only salary

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United States Steel (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

A brief phone interview followed by an on site interview. Everything was extremely timely and flexible to my current schedule. Everyone was nice and the interviewer showed me a video that explained what the company was all about.

Interview Questions

• What have you done beyond your studies that makes you qualified for this position   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United States Steel (Dravosburg, PA).

Interview

What have you achieved? I have done many voluntary jobs where I have created training programs and carried the projects through. I have saved the company money I almost always got exceeds and far exceeds on my merit performances, which was not what most people got

Interview Questions

• What can you do for our company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Speak your mind and be confident and tell them exactly hat you can do for them.

Process Controls Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Granite City, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at United States Steel (Granite City, IL).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, in person interview, physical, background investigation, BAC test, hair drug test, urine test, blood test, lung capacity test, heart test, hearing test, vision test, be prepared.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you went out of your way to get to learn about another culture.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay was more than I expected.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at United States Steel in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through my school. Interview consisted of behavioural questions and the lady was not smiling or welcoming at all. She asked me of a time a played a leadership role. What do I know about the company?

MBB Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at United States Steel (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

phone screen, then face to face with panel in Pittsburgh. 3 MBBs and one Manager. One of the MBB's became my manager shortly after the hire. Interview at Pittsburgh US Steel Tower - Extensive health screening a few weeks later. Switched location for position from Pittsburgh to Ecorse, MI

Interview Questions

• Why do transformations fail   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little negotiation, Essentially gave me what I asked for

IT Co-op/Intern Interview

Interview

Recruited on college campus by United States Steel college recruiter. Took their intern test consisting of problem solving and simple logic tests. Interviewed after taking the test.

Accounting Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at United States Steel.

Interview

Interview process was very through. There was a big career day with tours of the facilities. The next day was our first round interviews. I then received a call to come back and interview with managers. The manager I interviewed with ended up being my manager for the internship in the summer.

Utility Person Interview

Anonymous Employee in Granite City, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at United States Steel (Granite City, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online, 5/6 month's later got called in for assessment test (easy). Few weeks later I got a phone interview then an in person interview. The interviewer was nothing but a robot and could care less how you answered. don't think she even made eye contact with me. She just simply ready the questions that were on the paper in front of her. Next was the full physical. I got fitted for a respirator and subscription for eye protection was sent you into the system. Blood, urine and hair test for drugs. They even sent me home with a temporary fitted respirator to use when I got my start date. About a week later, I got a letter from Sterling (their hiring company). I was excited to see my start date only to be floored with a letter informing me of their job off resignation!!! They took back their offer because of my background check that had charges on it from more than 10 yrs ago!!. Things I did from when I was a teenager!! WOW!! after all the hoops they made me go through and the time I had to take off my current job. You would think that if they didn't like what they seen they would have me toned at the beginning of the whole hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing going I can take with me to US Steel?   1 Answer

Utility Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at United States Steel.

Interview

online application assessment test formal interview drug testing physical