United Stationers

Relevance Date Difficulty

MBA Intern Interview

MBA Intern
Deerfield, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at United Stationers.

Interview Details – Had a brief 1-1 interview at campus with a HR staff member. Then selected to a final round in Deerfield. When out with all candidates and senior leaders for dinner the night before. The following day I had 3 45 minute interviews with various people throughout the organization. These were people I would be working close with. Very laid back interviews. Resume walk through, where do you see yourself in 5 years, why do you want to work here, tell me a time when you had to deal with difficult people, what level is your Excel skills. Truly basic interview questions.

Interview Question – Nothing really threw me off. Having spent a year in an MBA program, you should not struggle with there questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Set pay plus housing

Shift Supervisor Interview

Shift Supervisor
Deerfield, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at United Stationers in June 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with HR, Senior Manager, and another Supervisor. HR Manager asked several typical behavorial-type questions. Was called back early on a Monday to come in for second round of interviews, and basically asked if I wanted the job. So far no offer.

Interview Questions

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Deerfield, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at United Stationers in December 2009.

Interview Details – I had an initial 1:1 interview with a recruiter. The process was very laid back. We basically just went through my resume, with her stopping every now and then to ask more questions about a previous job I had. It felt more like a a conversation than an interview.

For the second interview, they flew me out to Deerfield, paid for my hotel, and I had four interviews, each an hour long. Most were with different directors in marketing, and all were very similar to the first interview. They were much more converstaional, than behavioral based interviews. One interview was with a second recruiter and those questions were behavioral based.

Overall the whole process was very smooth and not very intimidating. Everyone in the office was very friendly and seemed happy to be there.

Interview Questions

• If I were to go to your previous employer, what would they tell me I should be worried about if I was to hire you? (After I answered this, I was asked to give another example too)   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you improved a process that the company then adapted.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received a few offers at the time, and another offer fit my career goals more.

Worked for United Stationers? Contribute to the Community!