United Stationers Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2015
Updated Feb 5, 2015

2.8

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at United Stationers (Twinsburg, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

rec'd a phone call from hr dept. and was giving over view of job and company. went to the company and met 2 individuals and was shown around the facility and what the operation entails. had interview with both in a small conference room.

Interview Questions

• questions were very good. a lot of questions on how to deal with people and situations.   Answer Question

Assistant Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at United Stationers.

Interview

Applied online, took 3 weeks for HR to coordinate a date/time with hiring manager. Asked for my availability then scheduled interview during a time I WASN'T available (seriously...then why even ask me??). When I got there the hiring manager kept me waiting in the lobby for 20 minutes. While I completely understand that stuff comes up, she neither apologized nor even acknowledged her delay. Then we met for about 40 minutes, of which she talked for 35.

Interview Questions

• Only asked me one question - "So tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

Customer Care Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at United Stationers.

Interview

Initial communication from Recruiter after one week. Applied online. Several interviews, process was pretty fast for that piece. One with Recruiter, then three additional interviews with members of Mgmt and HR. Don't think they knew what they were looking for in a leader. Almost two months without communication then got an email job cancelled.

Interview Questions

• Not really difficult. Behavioral. what do you enjoy doing in spare time? What was your biggest challenge thus far?   Answer Question

MBA Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at United Stationers (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

Had a brief 1-1 interview at campus with a HR staff member. Then selected to a final round in Deerfield. When out with all candidates and senior leaders for dinner the night before. The following day I had 3 45 minute interviews with various people throughout the organization. These were people I would be working close with. Very laid back interviews. Resume walk through, where do you see yourself in 5 years, why do you want to work here, tell me a time when you had to deal with difficult people, what level is your Excel skills. Truly basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really threw me off. Having spent a year in an MBA program, you should not struggle with there questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Set pay plus housing

Distribution Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at United Stationers (City Industry, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

was called for a phone interview,and then a face to face with 2 supervisors.its been a week and i havent heard anything yet?i think they have a hard time deciding what they want.the is only part time too.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time when you went above and beyond to finish a task.   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at United Stationers (Deerfield, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with HR, Senior Manager, and another Supervisor. HR Manager asked several typical behavorial-type questions. Was called back early on a Monday to come in for second round of interviews, and basically asked if I wanted the job. So far no offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a process you implemented   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a conflict with a coworker or manager and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at United Stationers (Charlotte, NC) in October 2010.

Interview

This was my first face to face interview at USSCO. I previously had a phone interview . The phone interview was easy and comfortable. My face to face was with an HR person and a manager. The people were great but, I was a little discouraged because, the questions were all "scripted". Some of these were questions that were asked in the phone interview. When I got to ask questions, I asked about the people that I will be supervising. Direct questions about turnover, etc. I read some of the postings about this company and was concerned. They claimed to have very little turnover. I am interested in this position but, they had 120 responses to the ad. So, I wont hear anything for 2-3 weeks

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you received criticism from your boss during a performance review. What was it and how did you respond.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had a hire that didn't work out. What happened and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at United Stationers (Cranbury, NJ) in June 2010.

Interview

Had a phone screen then a one on one in person interview, brought me in a second day to interview with another person. Nothing, no response after spending three hours of my time. Can't seem to make decisions and they don't seem to know what they want.

Interview Questions

• The person currently reporting into this position is also interviewing for this job, how do you feel about that?   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at United Stationers (Sacramento, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

2 interviews with supervisor and human resource manager, asked where i previously worked , manager was nice and supervisor took me around the facility and toured the office. manager asked a few questions and then process was under way.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at United Stationers in February 2010.

Interview

Phone screen by HR followed by multiple interviews ( hiring manager and other managers)