United Supermarkets

Interviews for Top Jobs at United Supermarkets

Food Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abilene, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abilene, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at United Supermarkets in February 2014.

I was called a week or so after submitting my application online and scheduled an interview for the next day. The interview was very informal. I didn't have to say much: it felt like my interviewer had decided to hire me before even meeting me. I learned later that he did, simply because I had a steady work history and open availability.

Interview Questions
    I wasn't told what I would be making until a few days after being hired. I asked around, but no one seemed to know. All my manager could say was, "They pay us pretty well back here." I assumed that meant at least around $8/hr, considering that it requires no experience or specialized training. I was surprised when I learned halfway through my first week that I was making $7.35/hr. The other new hire went to management when he found out what we were making and he asked for more money. They refused, so he quit. So I'd say there is no negotiating with United in my experience.

Office Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at United Supermarkets.

Received phone call in response to online application; scheduled interview. Quick turnaround. Team interview. No unusual questions.

Interview Questions
    • The salary quoted was shockingly low for a relatively important role.   Answer Question

Anything available Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at United Supermarkets in February 2009.

The company had an open job fair interview setting. They were very organized, casual yet professional, and it was quite pleasant. The management team was very upbeat and positive and were looking for that in their employees. I had two interviews in all over a 3 day period.

Interview Questions
    Their salary ranges were different according to the position of course, but each range seemed rather limited. Their was not a lot of room for negotiation, but they did seem to base their decision fairly according to experience level. While their pay was not nearly what I was accustomed to getting, I did get their range maximum based on my personal experiences (not professional) even though I was changing fields entirely. So don't limit yourself to professional experience only when applying, talk at length about your hobbies, talents, personal experiences, etc. They are adept at finding the right position to fit you.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita Falls, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita Falls, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at United Supermarkets in August 2008.

The hiring and interview process was a bit lengthy. The interview was great as I interviewed with the department manager. However, after receiving word I would be hired, I had to wait a couple weeks to do the required orientation. The orientation was long and boring. It did not relate to my position in any way. It is geared towards cashiers and sackers.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to read some prescription directions to verify that I could perform the job.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at United Supermarkets in September 2012.

An interview was scheduled for 1 hr. General questions were asked.