United Talent Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

3.2

Agent Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at United Talent (Beverly Hills, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first, which was pretty basic. Then two weeks later they called me in for a interview with Michael Conway. He was kind, yet intimidating. Overall it was a great experience. They can be slow to respond, but they will get back to you.

Agent Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United Talent (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through UTA's website and was contacted the following day to come in for an interview. The employees I spoke with and the office itself were all very impressive, a real top-notch professional company. My interview was with Michael Conway, who asked direct questions and listened inattentively. Overall, an exciting experience without being overly nerve-racking.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an agent?   1 Answer

Mailroom Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at United Talent in December 2014.

Interview

I was referred by an agent that I knew and interviewed two weeks later. Everyone interviews with Michael Conway. He is nice but stone-faced so don't be discouraged. He did not ask any strange or unexpected questions - what my background is, why I wanted to be an agent, etc. He also gave me the standard "This is a very tough job, it's soul-crushing, you make no money" agency speech and then asked if I was willing to handle it.

Interview Questions

• He asked if I knew which department I'd eventually like to work in. Not unexpected or difficult, but definitely have an answer ready. I did and I could tell he appreciated it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I applied through a contact on their website for their summer internship program. They replied in a timely fashion and were very friendly. They asked me for my strengths and weaknesses as well as my ultimate goals in the industry.

Assistant to Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at United Talent.

Interview

Preliminary phone interview. Asked basic questions: Tell me about yourself. Followed by the typical: What are your strengths and weaknesses? Asked a question in regards to dealing with stress. Also asked what people I've worked with would say about me as an employee and what my ultimate dream in the professional world was.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United Talent (New York, NY).

Interview

Two interviews--one telephone, one in person. The first interview was with an assistant, and the second interview was with the hiring person. The two interviews were about a week apart. The phone interview was more in depth and of a longer duration than that of the in person interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at United Talent (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Knowing people definitely helps in this industry. However, there is also an unspoken respect if you get the job on your own merits. Expect a lot of college students, not as many graduate students. There are spots saved for certain schools. The program is very competitive and very small, only about 15 are admitted. The interview is a phone interview with one of the agents. You're not given a lot of advance notice about which agent so that you can do research on them. If you are given the time, do your due diligence and know everything you can about the agent. This is the first time in which you are expected to know everything about the agents. This will continue during your internship and into a position as an assistant if given the opportunity. Be prepared. Speak intelligently about what you are interested in and why.

Interview Questions

• Know your favorite TV shows, movies and books. They will expect you to spout them off the top of your head and be able to speak sensibly about why they are your favorite.   Answer Question

Agent Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at United Talent in October 2014.

Interview

A few months after I applied, I received a phone call out of the blue. It was the typical job interview but the interviewer was very terse. It felt very rushed and overwhelming.

Mailroom Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at United Talent (Beverly Hills, CA).

Interview

E-mailed HR to set up an in person interview. The interview consisted of questions such as, tell me about yourself, tell me a time you failed, what makes a good agent, why do you want to be an agent, what department do you want to work in

Director of Facilities Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at United Talent (Beverly Hills, CA).

Interview

One of the worst interview processes I have ever been through. Met the first time In February with 3 people (2 very nice and the third horrible). Called back in April and met with 2 more people. Finally called back again in May (4 months later) to meet with 5 people. Was totally thrown under the bus by the COO, who was more interested in impressing his staff with his "inquisition type questions" and catering to his already inflated ego.

Interview Questions

• The COO attempted to embarrass me because I did not wish to interview again, especially when one of the candidates was a close friend of the CEO. Unfortunately he attempt backfired and all he accomplished was to make his staff squirm and feel very uncomfortable.   1 Answer