United Technologies Interview Questions in East Hartford, CT

2.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior HIL Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at United Technologies.

Contacted by a Senior Researcher and was told that they wanted to bring me on-site for an interview. The interview lasted from 8:30 - 3:30. None of the interviews was behaviour based. All the interviews were technical. My presentation was scheduled in the after noon. I spent the morning sessions talking about my presentation to be - and the afternoon about the work presented. Most of the senior researcher were very nice, and down to earth. The junior researcher were rather aggressive.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were about my past experience and other relevant examples that I could pull out.   Answer Question

Research Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at United Technologies in September 2011.

Everyone was very friendly and the interview was well run. Everything was very professional.

The interview was for a technical position. It was pretty standard, really. I spent 30-45 minutes with around 5 different research teams. None of the questions were particularly tough, just the normal run of the mill research-oriented stuff.

I also gave a 1 hr technical presentation to the entire team that was basically a re-hash of my PhD research (I was right out of school at the time). The audience was friendly and attentive.

About 3 weeks after the interview, the manager gave me a call and said that hiring priorities had changed and the position I interviewed for was no longer being funded. She apologized and asked me to keep UTRC in mind in the future.

Overall, however, it was a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • Be able to clearly explain your research history to a room with 1-2 experts in your field and 10-12 people who are experts in some other field.

Be able to get into nitty-gritty technical details about your research, including details about how you set up your instruments and how you analyzed your data.

UTRC has a very broad business base - be sure you can point out ways your research can support very diverse applications.
        Answer Question