United Technologies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Leadership Program Interview

Financial Leadership Program
Farmington, CT

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at United Technologies in August 2013.

Interview Details – The Financial Leadership Program interview process is a "super day". It is a four hour interview process where you have two hour-long interviews with two finance managers in the company. The interviewers are not well prepared. The interview process needs work. It is hit or miss with the interviewers. They also have FLP's help set-up the event. The FLP's are the superstars in their class, very kind and welcoming. The FLP's will keep you calm throughout the process.

Interview Question – They ask questions about your: analytical thinking, business judgement, and teamwork skills.

-Walk me through a situation/project that best exemplifies your analytical skills. What abilities did you utilize?
-Tell me about a goal you have set for yourself, and you do go about achieving it.
-How did you select your college?

-I see you were a member of XYZ Organization. Can you describe to me what you consider your major contribution and impact to the team?
-Tell me about a time when you participated in a group. What was your role? Did you encounter any difficulties?
-What challenges have you faced when working with others?
-What have you learned from your mistakes?
-Tell me how you influenced others to obtain an objective.

-Why did you choose the finance/accounting career path?
-Describe a time when you suggested a way to improve a process.
-What was your most useful criticism and who was it from?
-Describe your most rewarding experience.
-Describe a major problem you have encountered and how you dealt with it.

-Favorite Class/Least Favorite Class. Why?
  Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Operations Leadership Program Associate Interview

Operations Leadership Program Associate
Farmington, CT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at United Technologies in December 2010.

Interview Details – I initially applied to this program through their online portal at the end of November 2010. The first contact was initiated by UTC, who asked for a 5 slide power point describing an operations challenge that could potentially impact UTC's business. After I passed that in, (they only gave us two days to do it) I received a call the next day to schedule a phone interview. The interview was straight forward, questions like "why should we hire you", "Draw some connections between your experience and leadership", "what is your definition of a good leader", "what are your strengths", "what are your weaknesses"..Very typical behavioral questions for which you can easily prepare.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for United Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at United Technologies interview questions and advice in Farmington, CT. All interview reviews posted anonymously by United Technologies employees and interview candidates.