United Technologies

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at United Technologies in August 2014.

I was an internal applicant (having been an intern already) so I was automatically invited to the super day. There were two interviews with two interviewers each. The first I had was with two guys from Pratt who were very (read: very) casual. We joked around about college athletics and golf the entire time. The second was with two women, one of whom was playing "bad cop" and asking the tough interview questions, which after the first interview i had I wasn't prepared for. The second woman, who manages the intern program for the finance org in her BU, who I expected to ask the tough questions didn't. We talked about her life and why she likes working where she does. Nobody asked me technical questions, or anything about the company. I do know that they may have already been prejudiced to an opinion, as my supervisor and my area FLP recruiter already wrote a review as part of my application package that I am sure they read over prior to my interview. Lastly, they told all of the interns that we would hear back with a decision by mid-September. I only heard back from them on October 1st...We were starting to think it was a little rude considering now is the time we are also not putting our eggs all in one basket, so to speak.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you worked in a group and it didn't work out.   View Answer

Financial Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at United Technologies in August 2013.

The Financial Leadership Program interview process is a "super day". It is a four hour interview process where you have two hour-long interviews with two finance managers in the company. The interviewers are not well prepared. The interview process needs work. It is hit or miss with the interviewers. They also have FLP's help set-up the event. The FLP's are the superstars in their class, very kind and welcoming. The FLP's will keep you calm throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • They ask questions about your: analytical thinking, business judgement, and teamwork skills.

-Walk me through a situation/project that best exemplifies your analytical skills. What abilities did you utilize?
      -Tell me about a goal you have set for yourself, and you do go about achieving it.
      -How did you select your college?

-I see you were a member of XYZ Organization. Can you describe to me what you consider your major contribution and impact to the team?
      -Tell me about a time when you participated in a group. What was your role? Did you encounter any difficulties?
      -What challenges have you faced when working with others?
      -What have you learned from your mistakes?
      -Tell me how you influenced others to obtain an objective.

-Why did you choose the finance/accounting career path?
      -Describe a time when you suggested a way to improve a process.
      -What was your most useful criticism and who was it from?
      -Describe your most rewarding experience.
      -Describe a major problem you have encountered and how you dealt with it.

-Favorite Class/Least Favorite Class. Why?

Answer Question

Operations Leadership Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at United Technologies in December 2010.

I initially applied to this program through their online portal at the end of November 2010. The first contact was initiated by UTC, who asked for a 5 slide power point describing an operations challenge that could potentially impact UTC's business. After I passed that in, (they only gave us two days to do it) I received a call the next day to schedule a phone interview. The interview was straight forward, questions like "why should we hire you", "Draw some connections between your experience and leadership", "what is your definition of a good leader", "what are your strengths", "what are your weaknesses"..Very typical behavioral questions for which you can easily prepare.