United Technologies Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2015

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

Applied through a family member. Received an interview at their corporate offices in Hartford, CT. The interview lasted probably 30-45 minutes. Questions seemed more geared toward how well do you know your resume and getting to know you as a person. Was offered the internship a few weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for United Technologies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at United Technologies (Farmington, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

Very nice people who seem to genuinely want to get to know you. I interviewed at the corporate headquarters in Farmington. Interview lasted about 45 minutes and it is clear that they are passionate about their company so it would help to read up on the entire companies background before your interview (the different branches, types of operations etc.) i would definitely recommend UTC as a top notch place to work both for an internship as well as a career after college.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United Technologies in April 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was quick and efficient. Not many behavioral questions asked, they mostly want to know about you and your experience, since you're only starting out. Be prepared to tell about yourself, work experience, give examples from school projects etc, your team work skills, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at United Technologies (Hartford, CT) in March 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interview process tends to be extremely long at UTC. I went through three interviews that were spaced out almost one to two weeks apart, and then didn't start until about three weeks after that. This could only apply to internships. There's a lot of competition for positions at UTC, so don't expect it to be a quick process. Learn as much as you can about the company before you're interview. It will give you a great advantage and they will be very impressed.

Interview Questions

• "Explain a time when you had to make a difficult decision that also resulted in high risk with either outcome."   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at United Technologies (Hyderābād (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

1.written test only aptitude and reasoning 2.technical round 1 3.technical round 2 4,hr all rounds are easy with some basic knowledge u can crack easily 1.written test only aptitude and reasoning 2.technical round 1 3.technical round 2 4,hr all rounds are easy with some basic knowledge u can crack easily

Interview Questions

• types of relays(because iam from electronics background not familiar with electrical stuff)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at United Technologies in June 2010.

Interview

Overall it was a great experience and this is a great company. The entire process was professional and organized from the initial phone call to the offer. I was asked more behavioral questions and the interviewers were very concerned with my desires and goals.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate my offer. Know your worth and be able to communicate your worth. However, also be realistic and knowledgeable of the position and competitive salaries for that position.