United Technologies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior HIL Research Engineer Interview

Senior HIL Research Engineer
East Hartford, CT

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview Details – Contacted by a Senior Researcher and was told that they wanted to bring me on-site for an interview. The interview lasted from 8:30 - 3:30. None of the interviews was behaviour based. All the interviews were technical. My presentation was scheduled in the after noon. I spent the morning sessions talking about my presentation to be - and the afternoon about the work presented. Most of the senior researcher were very nice, and down to earth. The junior researcher were rather aggressive.

Interview Question – All the questions were about my past experience and other relevant examples that I could pull out.   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Human Resources Specialist
Bradenton, FL

I applied online and interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview Details – Interview was very straight forward and professional.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected.   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Human Resources Business Partner
Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at United Technologies in February 2014.

Interview Details – Initially contacted from resume posted on a major job board. Phone screening with an internal recruiter, then a second phone screen with site manager, lasting a solid hour. Finally, a full day of on-site interviews (and site tour) with several department heads and HR management/staff. Most interviews were 2:1, with co-ordination of questions in advance. Minimal repetition of responses.

Interview Question – Extensive use of behavioral interview techniques throughout the on-site visit. Most Q's included the follow-up, "What did you learn", or "what would you do differently", or "critique you handling of that situation".   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interview Question – Culture fit, be honest   Answer Question

Market Inteliigence Manager Interview

Market Inteliigence Manager

Interviewed at United Technologies

Interview Details – Nos specific hiring process. Depends upons the location and level of responsibility

Industrial Relations Intern Interview

Industrial Relations Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview Details – Handed in my resume at my school's career fair and got a one-on-one interview with the recruiter. She contacted me about a month later and arranged second round phone interviews with HR and IR managers at UTC's subsidaries. All interviews were approximately 30 minutes. The questions were mostly behavioral, but there were also a few situational questions.

Interview Question – Three strengths and three weaknesses   Answer Question

Financial Leadership Program Interview

Financial Leadership Program
Farmington, CT

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at United Technologies in August 2013.

Interview Details – The Financial Leadership Program interview process is a "super day". It is a four hour interview process where you have two hour-long interviews with two finance managers in the company. The interviewers are not well prepared. The interview process needs work. It is hit or miss with the interviewers. They also have FLP's help set-up the event. The FLP's are the superstars in their class, very kind and welcoming. The FLP's will keep you calm throughout the process.

Interview Question – They ask questions about your: analytical thinking, business judgement, and teamwork skills.

-Walk me through a situation/project that best exemplifies your analytical skills. What abilities did you utilize?
-Tell me about a goal you have set for yourself, and you do go about achieving it.
-How did you select your college?

-I see you were a member of XYZ Organization. Can you describe to me what you consider your major contribution and impact to the team?
-Tell me about a time when you participated in a group. What was your role? Did you encounter any difficulties?
-What challenges have you faced when working with others?
-What have you learned from your mistakes?
-Tell me how you influenced others to obtain an objective.

-Why did you choose the finance/accounting career path?
-Describe a time when you suggested a way to improve a process.
-What was your most useful criticism and who was it from?
-Describe your most rewarding experience.
-Describe a major problem you have encountered and how you dealt with it.

-Favorite Class/Least Favorite Class. Why?
  Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview Details – Long, drawn out process. HR didn't know what they were doing and it took 5 months to get hired.

Interview Question – Nothing. People do not know how to interview others.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, but they will usually give a little more if you ask.

IT Leadership Development Program Interview

IT Leadership Development Program
Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at United Technologies in May 2011.

Interview Details – Was referred by a current employee. Two rounds of interviews, both were panel style. They asked about my background and were interested in what I did during my internships. Asked some technical questions, I think to judge ability to communicate technical concepts. Overall it was a good experience, everyone was very nice and I felt good about the company after leaving.

Interview Question – What do you see yourself doing in 10 years?   Answer Question

Leadership Program Associate Interview

Leadership Program Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview Details – Initial communications were sent by me to the coordinator listed on company site. I received an email shortly after requesting. I was then offered an interview, which consisted of 4 employees having a discussion with me about my resume and what I could bring to UTC. Very straightforward interview with no unexpected questions.

Note: Being a prior intern increases your chances of a hire quite a bit.

Worked for United Technologies? Contribute to the Community!