United Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.9

Purchasing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at United Technologies (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by an HR recruiter to schedule a 30 min phone interview with her. It consisted of basic questions nothing technical about my background, work authorization, etc. It was followed by a 30 min phone interview with the hiring manager. The manager did not seem to be interested in doing the interview and asked some simple, dull questions and hung up the phone. Not a nice experience at all.

Finance Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

One over the phone interview and then went to HQ. Interviewed with two different members of the company. Both were actively involved with the FLP and were very friendly. Interviews were almost entirely behavioral and done simply in order to get to know you. It seemed as though once they had accepted you for an interview they cared far less about your academic abilities and more about your ability to interact with others.

Interview Questions

• If you had to name one person as your hero who would it be? What is your dream job? 3 strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

CNC Machinist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies (Springdale, AR) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within 3 weeks I interview 1:1. They seem like a great place to work for. They made me an offer and was really good but the benefits where garbage. Considering this was UTC you would expect them to have really good benefits. I think the benefits could have been clarified better then what they where. So here it goes I'll explain it.. As far a medical insurance it was with some company I never heard of it was not like blue care network or anything special. When sitting down comparing apples to apples and oranges to oranges I was coming up with apples to oranges on the plans and deductibles. For a family per month for medical and dental lol optical they did not even offer I was looking @ $500/ per month and the deductible was @ $6500 for family plan. The 401 k was so so as far contribution the college reimbursement was ok but those 2 benefits would not kick in till after a year of working there and medical& dental @ 60 days.

Interview Questions

• What kinda material have you worked with?   1 Answer
    • How do feel about the night shift?   1 Answer

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Coast, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at United Technologies (Palm Coast, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview which was few days after I applied. It was extremely easy as long as you can go through your resume. They will ask you to talk about your experiences and what you are looking for now. If you know that then you should be okay.

Production Assembler I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsfield, ME

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at United Technologies (Pittsfield, ME).

Interview

going over application and doing a dexterity test to see where I had my strong points. Then was taken on a tour of work areas. I was then sent to have my drug test taken and waited for the call to say that I passed so that I could get my badge and start the job.

Interview Questions

• how long have you work in the manufacturing industry?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

Applied through a family member. Received an interview at their corporate offices in Hartford, CT. The interview lasted probably 30-45 minutes. Questions seemed more geared toward how well do you know your resume and getting to know you as a person. Was offered the internship a few weeks after the interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies (Farmington, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

Very nice people who seem to genuinely want to get to know you. I interviewed at the corporate headquarters in Farmington. Interview lasted about 45 minutes and it is clear that they are passionate about their company so it would help to read up on the entire companies background before your interview (the different branches, types of operations etc.) i would definitely recommend UTC as a top notch place to work both for an internship as well as a career after college.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies (Syracuse, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I provided my resume at a job fair and spoke to a representitive there. They instructed me to go online and apply also. It was probably another month before I was called for a phone interview. It was another month before I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the projects you've worked on that might be relevant to our business?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

The interview process is fast. First you start off with a simple phone interview about yourself, then couple weeks later you are scheduled for a behavioral base interview. Then you were given a case and a major challenge UTC slide you have to complete within two days. If you pass you are invited for a superday where you present your case and challenges.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. just be yourself and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Staff Engineer/Scientist, Research Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through United Technologies website. The first interview process was around 20 minutes. behaviour based questions at the end she told that I will do a second interview with a hiring manager. Three week after that I got a call from a hiring manager to set up a second interview, The interview time was 2:30 pm Florida time, I sat from 1:30 pm ready for the interview I know she is calling from Texas and people usually get confused with different time zones after waiting for about 3 hours no one called. Now 4 months and still I did not get any apology or at least the status of my application..

Interview Questions

• Strengths, Weakness Biggest achievement, Talk about your experience and why you are the best fit for that position.   Answer Question