United Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

One over the phone interview and then went to HQ. Interviewed with two different members of the company. Both were actively involved with the FLP and were very friendly. Interviews were almost entirely behavioral and done simply in order to get to know you. It seemed as though once they had accepted you for an interview they cared far less about your academic abilities and more about your ability to interact with others.

Interview Questions

• If you had to name one person as your hero who would it be?
      What is your dream job?
      3 strengths and weaknesses.

Answer Question

CNC Machinist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springdale, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at United Technologies (Springdale, AR) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within 3 weeks I interview 1:1. They seem like a great place to work for. They made me an offer and was really good but the benefits where garbage. Considering this was UTC you would expect them to have really good benefits. I think the benefits could have been clarified better then what they where.
    So here it goes I'll explain it..
    As far a medical insurance it was with some company I never heard of it was not like blue care network or anything special. When sitting down comparing apples to apples and oranges to oranges I was coming up with apples to oranges on the plans and deductibles. For a family per month for medical and dental lol optical they did not even offer I was looking @ $500/ per month and the deductible was @ $6500 for family plan.
    The 401 k was so so as far contribution the college reimbursement was ok but those 2 benefits would not kick in till after a year of working there and medical& dental @ 60 days.

Interview Questions

• What kinda material have you worked with?   1 Answer
    • How do feel about the night shift?   1 Answer

Production Assembler I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsfield, ME

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at United Technologies (Pittsfield, ME).

Interview

going over application and doing a dexterity test to see where I had my strong points. Then was taken on a tour of work areas. I was then sent to have my drug test taken and waited for the call to say that I passed so that I could get my badge and start the job.

Interview Questions

• how long have you work in the manufacturing industry?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

Applied through a family member. Received an interview at their corporate offices in Hartford, CT. The interview lasted probably 30-45 minutes. Questions seemed more geared toward how well do you know your resume and getting to know you as a person. Was offered the internship a few weeks after the interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at United Technologies (Farmington, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

Very nice people who seem to genuinely want to get to know you. I interviewed at the corporate headquarters in Farmington. Interview lasted about 45 minutes and it is clear that they are passionate about their company so it would help to read up on the entire companies background before your interview (the different branches, types of operations etc.) i would definitely recommend UTC as a top notch place to work both for an internship as well as a career after college.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

The interview process is fast. First you start off with a simple phone interview about yourself, then couple weeks later you are scheduled for a behavioral base interview. Then you were given a case and a major challenge UTC slide you have to complete within two days. If you pass you are invited for a superday where you present your case and challenges.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. just be yourself and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Staff Engineer/Scientist, Research Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at United Technologies (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through United Technologies website. The first interview process was around 20 minutes. behaviour based questions at the end she told that I will do a second interview with a hiring manager. Three week after that I got a call from a hiring manager to set up a second interview, The interview time was 2:30 pm Florida time, I sat from 1:30 pm ready for the interview I know she is calling from Texas and people usually get confused with different time zones after waiting for about 3 hours no one called. Now 4 months and still I did not get any apology or at least the status of my application..

Interview Questions

• Strengths, Weakness Biggest achievement, Talk about your experience and why you are the best fit for that position.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Interview

They took 3 weeks of complete process. 3 rounds - 1 basic 2 technical followed by HR Round.
    2 techincal has questions about HTTP Server side architecture, Protocals, SOAP UI, Webservices along with automation tools like QTP and LR.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

The hiring process was amazingly quick for a corporation this size. I submitted an online application, and then had a phone with the hiring manager. The hiring manager then asked me to come in for a face-to-face meeting. Eventually I was invited to the next round of meetings at corporate. They made a hiring decision within two weeks after that interview. The process was quick, efficient and fair.

Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at United Technologies (Houston, TX).

Interview

UTC interview was concise with friendly staff. They made us feel very welcome and showed the experience and achievements of the company. We felt like we belonged. We were shown how our business affects the world

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hired me right on form previous contractor