Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at United Technologies
- Financial Leadership Program (6)
- Intern (6)
- Operations Leadership Program Associate (5)
- ITLP (3)
- Finance Leadership Program (3)
- FLP (2)
- Engineer (2)
- Human Resources Specialist (2)
- Manufacturing Engineer (2)
- Supply Chain Manager (2)
- Leadership Program Associate (1)
- Associate Research Engineer (1)
- Staff Engineer/Scientist, Research Engineering (1)
- IT Leadership Development Program (1)
- Mechanical Engineer (1)
- Avionics Engineer (1)
- Manager (1)
- Supply Chain Coop (1)
- Human Resources Leadership Development Program (1)
- Production Assembler I (1)
- Market Inteliigence Manager (1)
- Industrial Relations Intern (1)
- Senior HIL Research Engineer (1)
- Digital Assets Manager (1)
- Lead - Custom Solution (1)
- Control Research Scientist (1)
- Landing Gear Mechanic (1)
- I Don't Know (1)
- Global Commodity Manager (1)
- Government Relations (1)
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days – interviewed at United Technologies (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.
Applied online and was contacted by an HR recruiter to schedule a 30 min phone interview with her. It consisted of basic questions nothing technical about my background, work authorization, etc. It was followed by a 30 min phone interview with the hiring manager. The manager did not seem to be interested in doing the interview and asked some simple, dull questions and hung up the phone. Not a nice experience at all.
- What do you know about this role? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at United Technologies.
One over the phone interview and then went to HQ. Interviewed with two different members of the company. Both were actively involved with the FLP and were very friendly. Interviews were almost entirely behavioral and done simply in order to get to know you. It seemed as though once they had accepted you for an interview they cared far less about your academic abilities and more about your ability to interact with others.
- If you had to name one person as your hero who would it be? What is your dream job? 3 strengths and weaknesses. Answer Question
- Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at United Technologies (Springdale, AR) in May 2015.
I applied online and within 3 weeks I interview 1:1. They seem like a great place to work for. They made me an offer and was really good but the benefits where garbage. Considering this was UTC you would expect them to have really good benefits. I think the benefits could have been clarified better then what they where. So here it goes I'll explain it.. As far a medical insurance it was with some company I never heard of it was not like blue care network or anything special. When sitting down comparing apples to apples and oranges to oranges I was coming up with apples to oranges on the plans and deductibles. For a family per month for medical and dental lol optical they did not even offer I was looking @ $500/ per month and the deductible was @ $6500 for family plan. The 401 k was so so as far contribution the college reimbursement was ok but those 2 benefits would not kick in till after a year of working there and medical& dental @ 60 days.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at United Technologies (Pittsfield, ME).
going over application and doing a dexterity test to see where I had my strong points. Then was taken on a tour of work areas. I was then sent to have my drug test taken and waited for the call to say that I passed so that I could get my badge and start the job.
- how long have you work in the manufacturing industry? 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source – interviewed at United Technologies.
Applied through a family member. Received an interview at their corporate offices in Hartford, CT. The interview lasted probably 30-45 minutes. Questions seemed more geared toward how well do you know your resume and getting to know you as a person. Was offered the internship a few weeks after the interview.
- Why did you pick the college you chose? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at United Technologies (Syracuse, NY) in March 2015.
I provided my resume at a job fair and spoke to a representitive there. They instructed me to go online and apply also. It was probably another month before I was called for a phone interview. It was another month before I was given an offer.
- What are some of the projects you've worked on that might be relevant to our business? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at United Technologies (Farmington, CT) in March 2015.
Very nice people who seem to genuinely want to get to know you. I interviewed at the corporate headquarters in Farmington. Interview lasted about 45 minutes and it is clear that they are passionate about their company so it would help to read up on the entire companies background before your interview (the different branches, types of operations etc.) i would definitely recommend UTC as a top notch place to work both for an internship as well as a career after college.
- Describe an ethical dilemma you've faced? Answer Question
- Declined OfferAverage Interview
I applied through college or university – interviewed at United Technologies.
The interview process is fast. First you start off with a simple phone interview about yourself, then couple weeks later you are scheduled for a behavioral base interview. Then you were given a case and a major challenge UTC slide you have to complete within two days. If you pass you are invited for a superday where you present your case and challenges.
- Nothing unexpected. just be yourself and you'll be fine. Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at United Technologies (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2015.
I applied through United Technologies website. The first interview process was around 20 minutes. behaviour based questions at the end she told that I will do a second interview with a hiring manager. Three week after that I got a call from a hiring manager to set up a second interview, The interview time was 2:30 pm Florida time, I sat from 1:30 pm ready for the interview I know she is calling from Texas and people usually get confused with different time zones after waiting for about 3 hours no one called. Now 4 months and still I did not get any apology or at least the status of my application..
- Strengths, Weakness Biggest achievement, Talk about your experience and why you are the best fit for that position. Answer Question
- No Offer
They took 3 weeks of complete process. 3 rounds - 1 basic 2 technical followed by HR Round. 2 techincal has questions about HTTP Server side architecture, Protocals, SOAP UI, Webservices along with automation tools like QTP and LR.
- Regarding writing code in programming languages. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review