United Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015
Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.9

Production Assembler I Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at United Technologies (Pittsfield, ME).

Interview

going over application and doing a dexterity test to see where I had my strong points. Then was taken on a tour of work areas. I was then sent to have my drug test taken and waited for the call to say that I passed so that I could get my badge and start the job.

Interview Questions

• how long have you work in the manufacturing industry?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

Applied through a family member. Received an interview at their corporate offices in Hartford, CT. The interview lasted probably 30-45 minutes. Questions seemed more geared toward how well do you know your resume and getting to know you as a person. Was offered the internship a few weeks after the interview.

Operations Leadership Program Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

The interview process is fast. First you start off with a simple phone interview about yourself, then couple weeks later you are scheduled for a behavioral base interview. Then you were given a case and a major challenge UTC slide you have to complete within two days. If you pass you are invited for a superday where you present your case and challenges.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. just be yourself and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Interview

They took 3 weeks of complete process. 3 rounds - 1 basic 2 technical followed by HR Round.
    2 techincal has questions about HTTP Server side architecture, Protocals, SOAP UI, Webservices along with automation tools like QTP and LR.

Digital Assets Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

The hiring process was amazingly quick for a corporation this size. I submitted an online application, and then had a phone with the hiring manager. The hiring manager then asked me to come in for a face-to-face meeting. Eventually I was invited to the next round of meetings at corporate. They made a hiring decision within two weeks after that interview. The process was quick, efficient and fair.

Electronics Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at United Technologies (Houston, TX).

Interview

UTC interview was concise with friendly staff. They made us feel very welcome and showed the experience and achievements of the company. We felt like we belonged. We were shown how our business affects the world

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hired me right on form previous contractor

Operations Leadership Program Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at United Technologies in December 2014.

Interview

Applied on Monster. Had a phone screening interview, got passed to the next round, which was another phone interview. She asked about 8 behavior questions, it was pretty easy, and told me she was passing me through to the next round, which would be an in-person interview in Connecticut. The next day I received an e-mail from another HR person giving me an assignment that was to identify an operations challenge UTC will face in the near future (with no provided resources and without ever stepping foot in a facility), give a short term and long term solution that both utilize lean principles and use charts and graphs. This was to be done in a PowerPoint and then presented during my in-person interview. The second part of this assignment, which was sent moments later, was to read a case study and identify customer relations, supply chain, and operations issues, and give recommendations for short term and long term solutions, again, in another Powerpoint. I was given 48 hours to do these two assignments. This was a problem because this was in the midst of my finals week at Purdue in which I had 3 finals in the 48 hour span I was given to complete this assignment. I immediately e-mailed the lady back and asked for a two day extension so that I could complete my finals then have one day to complete the assignments. Twenty four hours later I had no response, so I e-mailed her again and eventually got the response "I've extended you to Friday." The assignments took about 6-7 hours total. Four days after I submitted them, I got an e-mail back saying I wasn't selected to continue to the next round, even though the person that interviewed me had already told me I was going to the next round. I got the impression they didn't like that I couldn't complete their assignment in 2 days during my finals week and expected me to put them ahead of my education. This entire process was a complete waste of my time and energy and I would not want to work for a company who displays these values. The HR department is clearly not on the same page with each other, and the e-mails I received were curt and unprofessional. I'm not sure UTC understands the steps of their own interview process.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at United Technologies (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2014.

Interview

Panel interview and numerous phone interviews. An initial screening interview. A direct manager phone interview with structured interview questions. A honest interview with no trick questions and enjoyable. A panel structured interview was set up a few weeks later at the work location. It was difficult but open and honest. I had one more phone interview with someone who wasn't able to meet during the panel structured interview process.

Interview Questions

• My experience and what would I do when.   1 Answer

Financial Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at United Technologies (Storrs, CT).

Interview

I applied through school and through their company website. I interviewed at my school campus. The interview lasted about a half hour. I heard back from them about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Mostly resume/leadership based questions, nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Supply Chain Coop Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

I applied to the position online and a week later I was contacted over the phone to ask if I was available and interested in the position. A week later I had my first phone interview and during this phone interview I was asked again if I was available for the position, how this impacts my education, and why I liked UTC. A week later I had an on-site interview with a panel of three employees. The first half of the interview was based on my experience and all of the questions were about things on my resume. The second half of the interview was based on behavioral questions such as "explain a time when..." The interviewers were very professional, offered a lot of helpful advise and insight, and gladly answered my questions about the company and position at the end of the interview. It was a very comfortable interview and all the present staff were friendly and encouraging. Two days later I received an offer in the morning, I sent my unofficial transcript to HR that afternoon, and received my official offer that night. On a side note, all coops are conditional dependent on receiving a satisfactory transcript at the end of the semester. This means that coop students need to have a 3.0 gpa or higher the semester before starting the coop. But overall, the process took around a month from application to interview to hiring. It was a very easy but very professional process.

Interview Questions

• Explain the microeconomic theory of elasticity   Answer Question
    • What is VLookup on Excel   1 Answer
    • Explain a time when you provided good / bad customer service   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.