United Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.9

Finance Leadership Program Interview

First talked to United technologies at a career fair. Attended a follow up informational session. Initial interview at my university. Follow up interviews upcoming in Connecticut. Everyone I have spoken with is extremely personable and engaging. Very friendly people. Interview was very open at first just a discussion to get to know me and ended with four behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most important criticism you have received, who said it and what they said, how it affected you.   Answer Question

Financial Leadership Program Interview

Phone interview and super day interview that consisted of two in person interviews, each with two interviewers. Not tough questions but felt like they knew who they were going to hire before interviewing everyone.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you feel your manager is doing something unethical   Answer Question

Financial Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at United Technologies in August 2014.

I was an internal applicant (having been an intern already) so I was automatically invited to the super day. There were two interviews with two interviewers each. The first I had was with two guys from Pratt who were very (read: very) casual. We joked around about college athletics and golf the entire time. The second was with two women, one of whom was playing "bad cop" and asking the tough interview questions, which after the first interview i had I wasn't prepared for. The second woman, who manages the intern program for the finance org in her BU, who I expected to ask the tough questions didn't. We talked about her life and why she likes working where she does. Nobody asked me technical questions, or anything about the company. I do know that they may have already been prejudiced to an opinion, as my supervisor and my area FLP recruiter already wrote a review as part of my application package that I am sure they read over prior to my interview. Lastly, they told all of the interns that we would hear back with a decision by mid-September. I only heard back from them on October 1st...We were starting to think it was a little rude considering now is the time we are also not putting our eggs all in one basket, so to speak.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you worked in a group and it didn't work out.   View Answer

Senior HIL Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at United Technologies.

Contacted by a Senior Researcher and was told that they wanted to bring me on-site for an interview. The interview lasted from 8:30 - 3:30. None of the interviews was behaviour based. All the interviews were technical. My presentation was scheduled in the after noon. I spent the morning sessions talking about my presentation to be - and the afternoon about the work presented. Most of the senior researcher were very nice, and down to earth. The junior researcher were rather aggressive.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were about my past experience and other relevant examples that I could pull out.   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradenton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradenton, FL

I applied online – interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview was very straight forward and professional.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at United Technologies in February 2014.

Initially contacted from resume posted on a major job board. Phone screening with an internal recruiter, then a second phone screen with site manager, lasting a solid hour. Finally, a full day of on-site interviews (and site tour) with several department heads and HR management/staff. Most interviews were 2:1, with co-ordination of questions in advance. Minimal repetition of responses.

Interview Questions
    • Extensive use of behavioral interview techniques throughout the on-site visit. Most Q's included the follow-up, "What did you learn", or "what would you do differently", or "critique you handling of that situation".   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

1st round: round table discussion and debate of latest news
    2nd round: 5 managers
    3rd round: CFO

Market Inteliigence Manager Interview

Nos specific hiring process. Depends upons the location and level of responsibility

Industrial Relations Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at United Technologies.

Handed in my resume at my school's career fair and got a one-on-one interview with the recruiter. She contacted me about a month later and arranged second round phone interviews with HR and IR managers at UTC's subsidaries. All interviews were approximately 30 minutes. The questions were mostly behavioral, but there were also a few situational questions.

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at United Technologies.

Long, drawn out process. HR didn't know what they were doing and it took 5 months to get hired.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate, but they will usually give a little more if you ask.