United Technologies

2.9

Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at United Technologies.

UTC interview was concise with friendly staff. They made us feel very welcome and showed the experience and achievements of the company. We felt like we belonged. We were shown how our business affects the world

Interview Questions
    Hired me right on form previous contractor

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT

I applied through college or university – interviewed at United Technologies.

I applied through school and through their company website. I interviewed at my school campus. The interview lasted about a half hour. I heard back from them about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly resume/leadership based questions, nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Supply Chain Coop Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at United Technologies.

I applied to the position online and a week later I was contacted over the phone to ask if I was available and interested in the position. A week later I had my first phone interview and during this phone interview I was asked again if I was available for the position, how this impacts my education, and why I liked UTC. A week later I had an on-site interview with a panel of three employees. The first half of the interview was based on my experience and all of the questions were about things on my resume. The second half of the interview was based on behavioral questions such as "explain a time when..." The interviewers were very professional, offered a lot of helpful advise and insight, and gladly answered my questions about the company and position at the end of the interview. It was a very comfortable interview and all the present staff were friendly and encouraging. Two days later I received an offer in the morning, I sent my unofficial transcript to HR that afternoon, and received my official offer that night. On a side note, all coops are conditional dependent on receiving a satisfactory transcript at the end of the semester. This means that coop students need to have a 3.0 gpa or higher the semester before starting the coop. But overall, the process took around a month from application to interview to hiring. It was a very easy but very professional process.

No negotiation.

ITLP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at United Technologies.

They originally said the whole process will take a month, but it has been a solid 2 months now to get to the final round. 1st interview was with recruiter as a screening interview. 2nd interview was with a manager and only took 15 minutes. The manager rushed the conversation. The 3rd round is an inperson interview.

Finance Leadership Program Interview

First talked to United technologies at a career fair. Attended a follow up informational session. Initial interview at my university. Follow up interviews upcoming in Connecticut. Everyone I have spoken with is extremely personable and engaging. Very friendly people. Interview was very open at first just a discussion to get to know me and ended with four behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most important criticism you have received, who said it and what they said, how it affected you.   Answer Question

Finance Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at United Technologies in October 2014.

First round of interviews was at my school. The second round was in CT. The company had a dinner the night before interviews and then paid for all candidates to stay in a hotel. The interviews the next day were 2 45 minutes interviews with 2 people at a time. The other half of the day was a tour of a nearby facility. Overall, great experience.

Interview Questions

I was really torn between this company and 2 others who I received offers from. When it came down to it, location meant a lot to me and I couldn't commit to all the traveling.

Financial Leadership Program Interview

Phone interview and super day interview that consisted of two in person interviews, each with two interviewers. Not tough questions but felt like they knew who they were going to hire before interviewing everyone.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you feel your manager is doing something unethical   Answer Question

Human Resources Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at United Technologies in August 2014.

They fly you out to CT, and on the first day you attend a mixer in which you meet the people interviewing you for the program. The following day you go to a facility in which you have breakfast, and lunch bc you interview all day. The interviewers will sit at your table. Be nice and smile although it is really unclear what they are looking for. I believe it is a way to make you more nervous than you already are.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral based questions, why should we hire you, what will you bring to the table, they will ask you about HR things. They don't ask much about the company   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at United Technologies in August 2014.

I was an internal applicant (having been an intern already) so I was automatically invited to the super day. There were two interviews with two interviewers each. The first I had was with two guys from Pratt who were very (read: very) casual. We joked around about college athletics and golf the entire time. The second was with two women, one of whom was playing "bad cop" and asking the tough interview questions, which after the first interview i had I wasn't prepared for. The second woman, who manages the intern program for the finance org in her BU, who I expected to ask the tough questions didn't. We talked about her life and why she likes working where she does. Nobody asked me technical questions, or anything about the company. I do know that they may have already been prejudiced to an opinion, as my supervisor and my area FLP recruiter already wrote a review as part of my application package that I am sure they read over prior to my interview. Lastly, they told all of the interns that we would hear back with a decision by mid-September. I only heard back from them on October 1st...We were starting to think it was a little rude considering now is the time we are also not putting our eggs all in one basket, so to speak.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you worked in a group and it didn't work out.   View Answer

Senior HIL Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at United Technologies.

Contacted by a Senior Researcher and was told that they wanted to bring me on-site for an interview. The interview lasted from 8:30 - 3:30. None of the interviews was behaviour based. All the interviews were technical. My presentation was scheduled in the after noon. I spent the morning sessions talking about my presentation to be - and the afternoon about the work presented. Most of the senior researcher were very nice, and down to earth. The junior researcher were rather aggressive.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were about my past experience and other relevant examples that I could pull out.   Answer Question