United Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2014
Updated Sep 2, 2014

2.9

Financial Leadership Program Interview

Phone interview and super day interview that consisted of two in person interviews, each with two interviewers. Not tough questions but felt like they knew who they were going to hire before interviewing everyone.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you feel your manager is doing something unethical   Answer Question

Research Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at United Technologies in September 2011.

Everyone was very friendly and the interview was well run. Everything was very professional.

The interview was for a technical position. It was pretty standard, really. I spent 30-45 minutes with around 5 different research teams. None of the questions were particularly tough, just the normal run of the mill research-oriented stuff.

I also gave a 1 hr technical presentation to the entire team that was basically a re-hash of my PhD research (I was right out of school at the time). The audience was friendly and attentive.

About 3 weeks after the interview, the manager gave me a call and said that hiring priorities had changed and the position I interviewed for was no longer being funded. She apologized and asked me to keep UTRC in mind in the future.

Overall, however, it was a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • Be able to clearly explain your research history to a room with 1-2 experts in your field and 10-12 people who are experts in some other field.

Be able to get into nitty-gritty technical details about your research, including details about how you set up your instruments and how you analyzed your data.

UTRC has a very broad business base - be sure you can point out ways your research can support very diverse applications.
        Answer Question

Senior HIL Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at United Technologies.

Contacted by a Senior Researcher and was told that they wanted to bring me on-site for an interview. The interview lasted from 8:30 - 3:30. None of the interviews was behaviour based. All the interviews were technical. My presentation was scheduled in the after noon. I spent the morning sessions talking about my presentation to be - and the afternoon about the work presented. Most of the senior researcher were very nice, and down to earth. The junior researcher were rather aggressive.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were about my past experience and other relevant examples that I could pull out.   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bradenton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradenton, FL

I applied online - interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview was very straight forward and professional.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at United Technologies in February 2014.

Initially contacted from resume posted on a major job board. Phone screening with an internal recruiter, then a second phone screen with site manager, lasting a solid hour. Finally, a full day of on-site interviews (and site tour) with several department heads and HR management/staff. Most interviews were 2:1, with co-ordination of questions in advance. Minimal repetition of responses.

Interview Questions
    • Extensive use of behavioral interview techniques throughout the on-site visit. Most Q's included the follow-up, "What did you learn", or "what would you do differently", or "critique you handling of that situation".   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

1st round: round table discussion and debate of latest news
    2nd round: 5 managers
    3rd round: CFO

Market Inteliigence Manager Interview

Nos specific hiring process. Depends upons the location and level of responsibility

Industrial Relations Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at United Technologies.

Handed in my resume at my school's career fair and got a one-on-one interview with the recruiter. She contacted me about a month later and arranged second round phone interviews with HR and IR managers at UTC's subsidaries. All interviews were approximately 30 minutes. The questions were mostly behavioral, but there were also a few situational questions.

Financial Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Farmington, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at United Technologies in August 2013.

The Financial Leadership Program interview process is a "super day". It is a four hour interview process where you have two hour-long interviews with two finance managers in the company. The interviewers are not well prepared. The interview process needs work. It is hit or miss with the interviewers. They also have FLP's help set-up the event. The FLP's are the superstars in their class, very kind and welcoming. The FLP's will keep you calm throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • They ask questions about your: analytical thinking, business judgement, and teamwork skills.

-Walk me through a situation/project that best exemplifies your analytical skills. What abilities did you utilize?
      -Tell me about a goal you have set for yourself, and you do go about achieving it.
      -How did you select your college?

-I see you were a member of XYZ Organization. Can you describe to me what you consider your major contribution and impact to the team?
      -Tell me about a time when you participated in a group. What was your role? Did you encounter any difficulties?
      -What challenges have you faced when working with others?
      -What have you learned from your mistakes?
      -Tell me how you influenced others to obtain an objective.

-Why did you choose the finance/accounting career path?
      -Describe a time when you suggested a way to improve a process.
      -What was your most useful criticism and who was it from?
      -Describe your most rewarding experience.
      -Describe a major problem you have encountered and how you dealt with it.

-Favorite Class/Least Favorite Class. Why?
        Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at United Technologies.

Long, drawn out process. HR didn't know what they were doing and it took 5 months to get hired.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate, but they will usually give a little more if you ask.

Worked for United Technologies? Contribute to the Community!