United Technologies

Getting the Interview

37 candidate interviews

Market Inteliigence Manager Interview

Interviewed at United Technologies

Interview Details – Nos specific hiring process. Depends upons the location and level of responsibility

IT Intern Interview

Interviewed at United Technologies

Interview Details – I did a phone interview. She asked typical questions.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview Details – Long, drawn out process. HR didn't know what they were doing and it took 5 months to get hired.

Interview Question – Nothing. People do not know how to interview others.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, but they will usually give a little more if you ask.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

Interview Details – 1st round: round table discussion and debate of latest news
2nd round: 5 managers
3rd round: CFO

Interview Question – Culture fit, be honest   Answer Question

ITLP Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview Details – Phone interview consisting of behavior questions and then a panel interview in person consisting of more behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when something didn't go to plan. What was your response?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview Details – Long and drawn out

Interview Question – How many tennis balls can you fit in TX   View Answer

Negotiation Details – back and forth

Leadership Program Associate Interview

Leadership Program Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview Details – Initial communications were sent by me to the coordinator listed on company site. I received an email shortly after requesting. I was then offered an interview, which consisted of 4 employees having a discussion with me about my resume and what I could bring to UTC. Very straightforward interview with no unexpected questions.

Note: Being a prior intern increases your chances of a hire quite a bit.

Supply Chain Manager Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at United Technologies in April 2010.

Interview Details – Behavorial Based Interview. Examples of leadership, analytical ability, working in challenging environment. 1 hour interview with hiring manager and human resources.

Advice:Know the UTC Competencies and have examples for each One.

Interview Question – Give me an example of how you have developed talent?   Answer Question

Treasury Administrator Interview

Hartford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at United Technologies in November 2011.

Interview Details – Treasury Manager and Assistant Manager were in room. They looked at my Resume, and Cover Letters, and they asked me about my background including education and previous job history. It wasnt a formal interview at all. It was really easy, I was expecting it much deeper and in detail, but I felt like it was more of an informal interview where we exchanged our background and what they are looking for. At the end they said they will let contact me if they would need me.

Interview Questions

FLP Interview

Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at United Technologies in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through career services and was selected for an on campus interview. Standard interview asking to go through my resume and talk about experiences in groups. 3 weeks later I received a call inviting me to their second round at HQ. They reimbursed for travel expenses (though I still haven't gotten the check (6 weeks later) and paid for a room. 2nd interview was all day and included a tour at one of their facilities. There were 2 separate interviews which were with either one or two different interviewers. They said they needed 2-3 weeks before a decision would be made. After 3 weeks I hadn't heard so I followed up and was told they needed another couple of weeks. 3 weeks later i received an email saying I didn't get the job. Interview process was great until they took 6 weeks to give me a decision and after 6 weeks they haven't reimbursed expenses as promised.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult--mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at United Technologies

Worked for United Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at United Technologies interview questions and advice. All 37 interview reviews posted anonymously by United Technologies employees and interview candidates.