United Technologies

Updated Feb 3, 2015
Updated Feb 3, 2015

2.9

Operations Leadership Program Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at United Technologies.

The interview process is fast. First you start off with a simple phone interview about yourself, then couple weeks later you are scheduled for a behavioral base interview. Then you were given a case and a major challenge UTC slide you have to complete within two days. If you pass you are invited for a superday where you present your case and challenges.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. just be yourself and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at United Technologies in May 2014.

I applied online to a different position and never really heard back until more than 6 months later as someone at UTC was sourcing another, but similar position to what I had applied to. I had an initial phone screen, then was flown out for an on-site interview, and a few subsequent follow up phone calls, and was made an offer nearly two months after my initial phone screen.

Interview Questions
    I didn't really attempt to negotiate the starting salary, although I wish I had now. I pushed back on the signing bonus and start date which were most important to me at the time and was able to get both in line with what I hoped for. Maybe not pushing on starting salary enabled me to get there.

Control Research Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at United Technologies in October 2014.

It was a very professional and technical interview process and all the involved staff (HR, Managers, PL, scientists) were very kind and receptive. The process started with a linkedin job offer and online application. The next step was a (1 hour) phone screen interview with two senior researchers. Later, an invitation for an onsite interview was received. The agenda of the visit was: first, two 1:1 interviews (with the manager and with the group leader) followed by a lunch with some of the staff; second, a technical presentation of 40 min about my preferred topic followed by a 20 min session of questions with all the staff present that day; third, two panel interviews for technical questions and knowledge assessment. Finally, a 1:1 interview with the HR manager to explain me the benefits of the job and discuss my salary expectancy. At this stage, no salary offer was made, it took around 3 weeks for the final decision to be communicated.

Interview Questions
    • there were some difficult technical questions regarding hypothetical situations to be solved.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

They took 3 weeks of complete process. 3 rounds - 1 basic 2 technical followed by HR Round.
    2 techincal has questions about HTTP Server side architecture, Protocals, SOAP UI, Webservices along with automation tools like QTP and LR.

Operations Leadership Program Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at United Technologies in December 2014.

Applied on Monster. Had a phone screening interview, got passed to the next round, which was another phone interview. She asked about 8 behavior questions, it was pretty easy, and told me she was passing me through to the next round, which would be an in-person interview in Connecticut. The next day I received an e-mail from another HR person giving me an assignment that was to identify an operations challenge UTC will face in the near future (with no provided resources and without ever stepping foot in a facility), give a short term and long term solution that both utilize lean principles and use charts and graphs. This was to be done in a PowerPoint and then presented during my in-person interview. The second part of this assignment, which was sent moments later, was to read a case study and identify customer relations, supply chain, and operations issues, and give recommendations for short term and long term solutions, again, in another Powerpoint. I was given 48 hours to do these two assignments. This was a problem because this was in the midst of my finals week at Purdue in which I had 3 finals in the 48 hour span I was given to complete this assignment. I immediately e-mailed the lady back and asked for a two day extension so that I could complete my finals then have one day to complete the assignments. Twenty four hours later I had no response, so I e-mailed her again and eventually got the response "I've extended you to Friday." The assignments took about 6-7 hours total. Four days after I submitted them, I got an e-mail back saying I wasn't selected to continue to the next round, even though the person that interviewed me had already told me I was going to the next round. I got the impression they didn't like that I couldn't complete their assignment in 2 days during my finals week and expected me to put them ahead of my education. This entire process was a complete waste of my time and energy and I would not want to work for a company who displays these values. The HR department is clearly not on the same page with each other, and the e-mails I received were curt and unprofessional. I'm not sure UTC understands the steps of their own interview process.

Digital Assets Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at United Technologies.

The hiring process was amazingly quick for a corporation this size. I submitted an online application, and then had a phone with the hiring manager. The hiring manager then asked me to come in for a face-to-face meeting. Eventually I was invited to the next round of meetings at corporate. They made a hiring decision within two weeks after that interview. The process was quick, efficient and fair.

Lead - Custom Solution Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at United Technologies in December 2014.

got call from a consultancy (from punjab) they scheduled my telephonic interview..first telephonic round (technical) was easy..then after 3-4 days gone through second telephonic interview (technical) not much difficult, then after 3 days had a skype interview with manager..

Interview Questions
    • nothing..basic technical question about C#, WPF etc..one mathemetical question and one linear equation to solve in managerial round (apart from general HR question)   Answer Question

Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at United Technologies.

UTC interview was concise with friendly staff. They made us feel very welcome and showed the experience and achievements of the company. We felt like we belonged. We were shown how our business affects the world

Interview Questions
    Hired me right on form previous contractor

Finance Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at United Technologies in October 2014.

First round of interviews was at my school. The second round was in CT. The company had a dinner the night before interviews and then paid for all candidates to stay in a hotel. The interviews the next day were 2 45 minutes interviews with 2 people at a time. The other half of the day was a tour of a nearby facility. Overall, great experience.

Interview Questions

I was really torn between this company and 2 others who I received offers from. When it came down to it, location meant a lot to me and I couldn't commit to all the traveling.

Financial Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Storrs, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Storrs, CT

I applied through college or university – interviewed at United Technologies.

I applied through school and through their company website. I interviewed at my school campus. The interview lasted about a half hour. I heard back from them about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly resume/leadership based questions, nothing too difficult   Answer Question