United Technologies

37 candidate interviews

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at United Technologies in May 2010.

Interview Details – 2 interviews and 2 tests. The 1st test was general aptitude. The 2nd test was Technical aptitude. The 1st interview was technical and mostly towards the mechanical side. The 2nd Interview was HR.

Interview Question – What is it that UTC doesnt make on an airplane??   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

Interviewed at United Technologies

Interview Details – 1st round: round table discussion and debate of latest news
2nd round: 5 managers
3rd round: CFO

Interview Question – Culture fit, be honest   Answer Question

Industrial Relations Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview Details – Handed in my resume at my school's career fair and got a one-on-one interview with the recruiter. She contacted me about a month later and arranged second round phone interviews with HR and IR managers at UTC's subsidaries. All interviews were approximately 30 minutes. The questions were mostly behavioral, but there were also a few situational questions.

Interview Question – Three strengths and three weaknesses   Answer Question

Market Inteliigence Manager Interview

Interviewed at United Technologies

Interview Details – Nos specific hiring process. Depends upons the location and level of responsibility

Financial Leadership Program Interview

Financial Leadership Program
Farmington, CT

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at United Technologies in August 2013.

Interview Details – The Financial Leadership Program interview process is a "super day". It is a four hour interview process where you have two hour-long interviews with two finance managers in the company. The interviewers are not well prepared. The interview process needs work. It is hit or miss with the interviewers. They also have FLP's help set-up the event. The FLP's are the superstars in their class, very kind and welcoming. The FLP's will keep you calm throughout the process.

Interview Question – They ask questions about your: analytical thinking, business judgement, and teamwork skills.

-Walk me through a situation/project that best exemplifies your analytical skills. What abilities did you utilize?
-Tell me about a goal you have set for yourself, and you do go about achieving it.
-How did you select your college?

-I see you were a member of XYZ Organization. Can you describe to me what you consider your major contribution and impact to the team?
-Tell me about a time when you participated in a group. What was your role? Did you encounter any difficulties?
-What challenges have you faced when working with others?
-What have you learned from your mistakes?
-Tell me how you influenced others to obtain an objective.

-Why did you choose the finance/accounting career path?
-Describe a time when you suggested a way to improve a process.
-What was your most useful criticism and who was it from?
-Describe your most rewarding experience.
-Describe a major problem you have encountered and how you dealt with it.

-Favorite Class/Least Favorite Class. Why?
  Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview Details – Long, drawn out process. HR didn't know what they were doing and it took 5 months to get hired.

Interview Question – Nothing. People do not know how to interview others.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, but they will usually give a little more if you ask.

IT Leadership Development Program Interview

Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at United Technologies in May 2011.

Interview Details – Was referred by a current employee. Two rounds of interviews, both were panel style. They asked about my background and were interested in what I did during my internships. Asked some technical questions, I think to judge ability to communicate technical concepts. Overall it was a good experience, everyone was very nice and I felt good about the company after leaving.

Interview Question – What do you see yourself doing in 10 years?   Answer Question

Leadership Program Associate Interview

Leadership Program Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview Details – Initial communications were sent by me to the coordinator listed on company site. I received an email shortly after requesting. I was then offered an interview, which consisted of 4 employees having a discussion with me about my resume and what I could bring to UTC. Very straightforward interview with no unexpected questions.

Note: Being a prior intern increases your chances of a hire quite a bit.

Intern Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview Details – I may applied online, but I don't remember. One day, I got a call from UT, and he asked me do you know UT? I said, sorry, I am not too familiar with the company. The guy on the other side is like 'You don't know UT???!!!' Then politely end the call.

Interview Question – Do you know UT?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at United Technologies in March 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process tends to be extremely long at UTC. I went through three interviews that were spaced out almost one to two weeks apart, and then didn't start until about three weeks after that. This could only apply to internships. There's a lot of competition for positions at UTC, so don't expect it to be a quick process. Learn as much as you can about the company before you're interview. It will give you a great advantage and they will be very impressed.

Interview Question – "Explain a time when you had to make a difficult decision that also resulted in high risk with either outcome."   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at United Technologies

Worked for United Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at United Technologies interview questions and advice. All 37 interview reviews posted anonymously by United Technologies employees and interview candidates.