United Technologies

Updated Feb 3, 2015
Updated Feb 3, 2015

2.9

Financial Leadership Program Interview

Phone interview and super day interview that consisted of two in person interviews, each with two interviewers. Not tough questions but felt like they knew who they were going to hire before interviewing everyone.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you feel your manager is doing something unethical   Answer Question

Human Resources Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at United Technologies in August 2014.

They fly you out to CT, and on the first day you attend a mixer in which you meet the people interviewing you for the program. The following day you go to a facility in which you have breakfast, and lunch bc you interview all day. The interviewers will sit at your table. Be nice and smile although it is really unclear what they are looking for. I believe it is a way to make you more nervous than you already are.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral based questions, why should we hire you, what will you bring to the table, they will ask you about HR things. They don't ask much about the company   Answer Question

Financial Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at United Technologies in August 2014.

I was an internal applicant (having been an intern already) so I was automatically invited to the super day. There were two interviews with two interviewers each. The first I had was with two guys from Pratt who were very (read: very) casual. We joked around about college athletics and golf the entire time. The second was with two women, one of whom was playing "bad cop" and asking the tough interview questions, which after the first interview i had I wasn't prepared for. The second woman, who manages the intern program for the finance org in her BU, who I expected to ask the tough questions didn't. We talked about her life and why she likes working where she does. Nobody asked me technical questions, or anything about the company. I do know that they may have already been prejudiced to an opinion, as my supervisor and my area FLP recruiter already wrote a review as part of my application package that I am sure they read over prior to my interview. Lastly, they told all of the interns that we would hear back with a decision by mid-September. I only heard back from them on October 1st...We were starting to think it was a little rude considering now is the time we are also not putting our eggs all in one basket, so to speak.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you worked in a group and it didn't work out.   View Answer

Senior HIL Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at United Technologies.

Contacted by a Senior Researcher and was told that they wanted to bring me on-site for an interview. The interview lasted from 8:30 - 3:30. None of the interviews was behaviour based. All the interviews were technical. My presentation was scheduled in the after noon. I spent the morning sessions talking about my presentation to be - and the afternoon about the work presented. Most of the senior researcher were very nice, and down to earth. The junior researcher were rather aggressive.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were about my past experience and other relevant examples that I could pull out.   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradenton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradenton, FL

I applied online – interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview was very straight forward and professional.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at United Technologies in May 2014.

I applied online to a different position and never really heard back until more than 6 months later as someone at UTC was sourcing another, but similar position to what I had applied to. I had an initial phone screen, then was flown out for an on-site interview, and a few subsequent follow up phone calls, and was made an offer nearly two months after my initial phone screen.

Interview Questions
    I didn't really attempt to negotiate the starting salary, although I wish I had now. I pushed back on the signing bonus and start date which were most important to me at the time and was able to get both in line with what I hoped for. Maybe not pushing on starting salary enabled me to get there.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at United Technologies in February 2014.

Initially contacted from resume posted on a major job board. Phone screening with an internal recruiter, then a second phone screen with site manager, lasting a solid hour. Finally, a full day of on-site interviews (and site tour) with several department heads and HR management/staff. Most interviews were 2:1, with co-ordination of questions in advance. Minimal repetition of responses.

Interview Questions
    • Extensive use of behavioral interview techniques throughout the on-site visit. Most Q's included the follow-up, "What did you learn", or "what would you do differently", or "critique you handling of that situation".   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

1st round: round table discussion and debate of latest news
    2nd round: 5 managers
    3rd round: CFO

Market Inteliigence Manager Interview

Nos specific hiring process. Depends upons the location and level of responsibility

Industrial Relations Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at United Technologies.

Handed in my resume at my school's career fair and got a one-on-one interview with the recruiter. She contacted me about a month later and arranged second round phone interviews with HR and IR managers at UTC's subsidaries. All interviews were approximately 30 minutes. The questions were mostly behavioral, but there were also a few situational questions.