United Technologies Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

IT Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at United Technologies in May 2011.

Was referred by a current employee. Two rounds of interviews, both were panel style. They asked about my background and were interested in what I did during my internships. Asked some technical questions, I think to judge ability to communicate technical concepts. Overall it was a good experience, everyone was very nice and I felt good about the company after leaving.

Leadership Program Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at United Technologies.

Initial communications were sent by me to the coordinator listed on company site. I received an email shortly after requesting. I was then offered an interview, which consisted of 4 employees having a discussion with me about my resume and what I could bring to UTC. Very straightforward interview with no unexpected questions.

Note: Being a prior intern increases your chances of a hire quite a bit.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at United Technologies in March 2013.

The hiring and interview process tends to be extremely long at UTC. I went through three interviews that were spaced out almost one to two weeks apart, and then didn't start until about three weeks after that. This could only apply to internships. There's a lot of competition for positions at UTC, so don't expect it to be a quick process. Learn as much as you can about the company before you're interview. It will give you a great advantage and they will be very impressed.

Interview Questions
    • "Explain a time when you had to make a difficult decision that also resulted in high risk with either outcome."   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at United Technologies.

I may applied online, but I don't remember. One day, I got a call from UT, and he asked me do you know UT? I said, sorry, I am not too familiar with the company. The guy on the other side is like 'You don't know UT???!!!' Then politely end the call.

Manager Interview

Long and drawn out

Interview Questions
    • How many tennis balls can you fit in TX   View Answer
    back and forth

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rockford, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at United Technologies in November 2011.

Why do you want to work for United Technologies

Simple and straightforward

Global Commodity Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Michigan City, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Michigan City, IN

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at United Technologies in April 2010.

- Carrier Corporation: eight interviews total, including 1:1 phone interviews, a panel interview on the phone, and two 1:1 face-to-face interviews.
    Great corporate culture and friendly process.

- Hamilton Sundstrand Industrial (smaller business unit): business case, 1:1 face-to-face interview, and one phone interview.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate my salaries.

Electronic Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at United Technologies in February 2013.

Applied to the posting through their website and received an email asking for a phone interview 3 days later. Did the phone interview and one week later was offered an on site interview. The on site interview was in Syracuse NY and was fully paid for by the company. Interview was extremely technical and the interviewers showed me electrical schematics and asked what certain components were doing based on the specific setup of the schematic. Interviews lasted all day starting from 8am until 3pm. Day full of interviews with a lunch and work site tour budged into the itenieary. From point of applying to job until on site interview took about a month. 3wks later and I'm still waiting on their decision. Extremely long process.

Interview Questions
    • Basically alll technical questions: What is the purpose of this micro controller and what does each pins function?   Answer Question

Accounting Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Springfield, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at United Technologies in October 2012.

Application through website and campus recruiting. After being selected, set up an interview time. For this interview, it was a 2 on 1. Following the first interview, a second and final phone interview is scheduled roughly 2 months later.

All behavioral questions, nothing technical.

Interview Questions
    • What made you choose your major?
      Describe your thought solving process.
      Favorite business related class and why?
        Answer Question

FLP Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at United Technologies in November 2012.

Applied through career services and was selected for an on campus interview. Standard interview asking to go through my resume and talk about experiences in groups. 3 weeks later I received a call inviting me to their second round at HQ. They reimbursed for travel expenses (though I still haven't gotten the check (6 weeks later) and paid for a room. 2nd interview was all day and included a tour at one of their facilities. There were 2 separate interviews which were with either one or two different interviewers. They said they needed 2-3 weeks before a decision would be made. After 3 weeks I hadn't heard so I followed up and was told they needed another couple of weeks. 3 weeks later i received an email saying I didn't get the job. Interview process was great until they took 6 weeks to give me a decision and after 6 weeks they haven't reimbursed expenses as promised.