United Technologies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer
Rockford, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at United Technologies in March 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with hiring manager the interview lasted about 45 minutes, then an in person interview again with manager and his staff. During the in person interview you walk around the site to see what they have done and what the next steps are. Once you are invited in for an in person interview your chances of receiving an offer are fairly good if you have a good interview.

Interview Question – Were your results measurable? How so? Did you save the company money? How much? Were you able to reduce costs? Reduce manufacturing time? How much time?   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Designer
Glenwood Springs, Garfield, CO

The process took a day - interviewed at United Technologies in July 2011.

Interview Details – average interviewing process. met with 4 people, both technical and HR. balanced work/life impression.

Treasury Administrator Interview

Treasury Administrator
Hartford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at United Technologies in November 2011.

Interview Details – Treasury Manager and Assistant Manager were in room. They looked at my Resume, and Cover Letters, and they asked me about my background including education and previous job history. It wasnt a formal interview at all. It was really easy, I was expecting it much deeper and in detail, but I felt like it was more of an informal interview where we exchanged our background and what they are looking for. At the end they said they will let contact me if they would need me.

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Operations Leadership Program Associate Interview

Operations Leadership Program Associate
Farmington, CT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at United Technologies in December 2010.

Interview Details – I initially applied to this program through their online portal at the end of November 2010. The first contact was initiated by UTC, who asked for a 5 slide power point describing an operations challenge that could potentially impact UTC's business. After I passed that in, (they only gave us two days to do it) I received a call the next day to schedule a phone interview. The interview was straight forward, questions like "why should we hire you", "Draw some connections between your experience and leadership", "what is your definition of a good leader", "what are your strengths", "what are your weaknesses"..Very typical behavioral questions for which you can easily prepare.

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Supply Chain Manager
Stratford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at United Technologies in March 2010.

Interview Details – Intial process well organized. Several candidates for multiple positions were given overviews of the company and general benefits. The candidates were then sent to separate areas and were interviewed by various staff members for approximately 20 minutes per member. Each person had anywhere between 5 to 8 interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you did not see sye-to-eye with your boss.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary and benefits too low.

Very Difficult Interview

ITLP Interview

ITLP
Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at United Technologies in November 2009.

Interview Details – They put you in a room with three other interviewers. Then there is a barrage of behavioral questions being thrown at you, as well as follow-up questions to all your answers. That is just the first interview. Then depending how you do, they follow up for another round of interviews, or decline you.

Interview Question – They are conflict related questions, whether interpersonal or project related.   Answer Question

Avionics Engineer Interview

Avionics Engineer
Stratford, CT

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at United Technologies in April 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted at a large conference. I spoke one-on-one with a senior engineer and the conversation was usual (i.e. on the technical side). I had a follow-up interview later that day. I received an offer a few days later. It was not what I was expecting so I declined it.

Interview Question – What sort of obstacles do you encounter on a daily basis as a lead for a large software development program?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at United Technologies in October 2009.

Interview Details – It started with a phone screening interview about 30mins. Then I received a on-site interview invitation in two weeks.
The on-site interview included 1 to 1 talk, panel interview and lunch and breakfast. From early morning till late afternoon. After about 1 week late, I was notified that they would extend me an offer.

Interview Question – Describe a situation that everything went run and you were in real trouble during your past work.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at United Technologies in June 2014.

Interview Details – 1.written test only aptitude and reasoning
2.technical round 1
3.technical round 2
4,hr
all rounds are easy with some basic knowledge u can crack easily

Interview Question – types of relays(because iam from electronics background not familiar with electrical stuff)   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at United Technologies in May 2010.

Interview Details – 2 interviews and 2 tests. The 1st test was general aptitude. The 2nd test was Technical aptitude. The 1st interview was technical and mostly towards the mechanical side. The 2nd Interview was HR.

Interview Question – What is it that UTC doesnt make on an airplane??   Answer Question