United Technologies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Treasury Administrator Interview

Treasury Administrator
Hartford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at United Technologies in November 2011.

Interview Details – Treasury Manager and Assistant Manager were in room. They looked at my Resume, and Cover Letters, and they asked me about my background including education and previous job history. It wasnt a formal interview at all. It was really easy, I was expecting it much deeper and in detail, but I felt like it was more of an informal interview where we exchanged our background and what they are looking for. At the end they said they will let contact me if they would need me.

Interview Questions

Operations Leadership Program Associate Interview

Operations Leadership Program Associate
Farmington, CT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at United Technologies in December 2010.

Interview Details – I initially applied to this program through their online portal at the end of November 2010. The first contact was initiated by UTC, who asked for a 5 slide power point describing an operations challenge that could potentially impact UTC's business. After I passed that in, (they only gave us two days to do it) I received a call the next day to schedule a phone interview. The interview was straight forward, questions like "why should we hire you", "Draw some connections between your experience and leadership", "what is your definition of a good leader", "what are your strengths", "what are your weaknesses"..Very typical behavioral questions for which you can easily prepare.

Interview Questions

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Supply Chain Manager
Stratford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at United Technologies in March 2010.

Interview Details – Intial process well organized. Several candidates for multiple positions were given overviews of the company and general benefits. The candidates were then sent to separate areas and were interviewed by various staff members for approximately 20 minutes per member. Each person had anywhere between 5 to 8 interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you did not see sye-to-eye with your boss.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary and benefits too low.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Difficult Interview

ITLP Interview

ITLP
Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at United Technologies in November 2009.

Interview Details – They put you in a room with three other interviewers. Then there is a barrage of behavioral questions being thrown at you, as well as follow-up questions to all your answers. That is just the first interview. Then depending how you do, they follow up for another round of interviews, or decline you.

Interview Question – They are conflict related questions, whether interpersonal or project related.   Answer Question

Avionics Engineer Interview

Avionics Engineer
Stratford, CT

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at United Technologies in April 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted at a large conference. I spoke one-on-one with a senior engineer and the conversation was usual (i.e. on the technical side). I had a follow-up interview later that day. I received an offer a few days later. It was not what I was expecting so I declined it.

Interview Question – What sort of obstacles do you encounter on a daily basis as a lead for a large software development program?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at United Technologies in October 2009.

Interview Details – It started with a phone screening interview about 30mins. Then I received a on-site interview invitation in two weeks.
The on-site interview included 1 to 1 talk, panel interview and lunch and breakfast. From early morning till late afternoon. After about 1 week late, I was notified that they would extend me an offer.

Interview Question – Describe a situation that everything went run and you were in real trouble during your past work.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at United Technologies in May 2010.

Interview Details – 2 interviews and 2 tests. The 1st test was general aptitude. The 2nd test was Technical aptitude. The 1st interview was technical and mostly towards the mechanical side. The 2nd Interview was HR.

Interview Question – What is it that UTC doesnt make on an airplane??   Answer Question

ITLP Interview

ITLP

I applied through college or university and interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview Details – Phone interview consisting of behavior questions and then a panel interview in person consisting of more behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when something didn't go to plan. What was your response?   Answer Question

Leadership Rotational Program Interview

Leadership Rotational Program

Interviewed at United Technologies

Interview Details – Standard interview with S.T.A.R question format, behavioral questions, roughly 45 minutes, interviewer had no knowledge of what the process would look like after the interview. Never got back to me, got the feeling interviewer had no control over the process aside from sending along interview results to HQ.

Interview Question – Traditional behavioral questions, "tell me about a time.."   Answer Question

Operations Leadership Program Associate Interview

Operations Leadership Program Associate
Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at United Technologies in February 2012.

Interview Details – Two rounds of general HR interview, 1 'about yourself' presentation, 1 technical stress interview, 1 case study analysis, 1 role play, 1 one-on-one interview

Negotiation Details – No negotiations encouraged