United Technologies

3.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at United Technologies in December 2010.

I initially applied to this program through their online portal at the end of November 2010. The first contact was initiated by UTC, who asked for a 5 slide power point describing an operations challenge that could potentially impact UTC's business. After I passed that in, (they only gave us two days to do it) I received a call the next day to schedule a phone interview. The interview was straight forward, questions like "why should we hire you", "Draw some connections between your experience and leadership", "what is your definition of a good leader", "what are your strengths", "what are your weaknesses"..Very typical behavioral questions for which you can easily prepare.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for United Technologies

Operations Leadership Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at United Technologies in February 2012.

Two rounds of general HR interview, 1 'about yourself' presentation, 1 technical stress interview, 1 case study analysis, 1 role play, 1 one-on-one interview

No negotiations encouraged

Operations Leadership Program Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at United Technologies in January 2011.

I submitted an online application and was soon contacted via email and told that I would have 2 days to prepare a 5-slide presentation in which I would need to "creatively introduce" myself and then identify an operations-related challenge facing UTC, explain the implications of the issue, and create a list of short-term and long-term recommendations to address the issue.

After I submitted the presentation, I was contacted for a phone interview with their program manager. The phone interview was straight-forward and we discussed my work/school experience, my career goals, a general overview of the program, etc. Next, I had to complete an online assessment which included a values assessment and then a work-related personality test.

Finally, there was a 2-day on-site interview. The first day consisted of a plant tour, a presentation from a current program associate, and a dinner. After dinner, they assigned a "homework assignment", in which we needed to creatively introduce ourselves (again!) and then read a case study and identify key issues, implications, and recommendations. The next morning, each candidate introduced themselves and shared their analysis of the case study in front of the other candidates and a 5-person interview panel. Candidates also had to work together to solve a supplier issue related to the case and then conduct a roleplay meeting. After lunch, there were 3 one-on-one interviews with members of the panel. Most of the questions were behavioral and some were about why you were interested in operations, the company, and the program.

I had a neutral opinion about their interview process up until on-site interview. During their on-site interviews, they blatantly insulted one of their competitors multiple times. Additionally, throughout the process, I was surprised (perhaps even shocked) by how demanding UTC was to the candidates, considering that the program is so new.

Interview Questions
    • What sort of job would you like to be doing in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time in which you had to make an ethical decision.   Answer Question