UnitedHealth Group Associate Actuarial Analyst Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Associate Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Santa Ana, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

The Corporate Recruiter I was in touch with referred me for this job, since I had already applied for another position at a different location in the past. That application was still ongoing, but was taking a couple months. This position opened up and the recruiter sought me out herself. I had a telephone interview with the Hiring Manager first, which lasted about half an hour. The questions were not too difficult, or tricky and the Manager was a pretty straightforward guy. He asked that I come in for a full interview with himself and his team. I was called in the following week and was interviewed via an itinerary by the team - successive 1:1 meetings. Many technical questions ended up being repetitive. It was more like each team member was getting a sense of how I might fit in the work environment. The interview ended with some of the team taking me out to lunch. I was given the job offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to deal with a conflict with another employee.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me the salary amount I requested, right off the bat. So maybe I requested an amount too small? This still haunts me...