UnitedHealth Group Associate Project Manager Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in July 2011.

The interview was very structured with a defined process. The first time, someone from HR called me. She basically reviewed my resume, asked me about my work history and I guess I passed because she said she'll submit my resume to the actual hiring manager and that he'll contact me. I waited a few days and then the hiring manager called me. It was a short 15-minute phone interview, he was very direct and to the point... again, going through my resume with me on the phone. He was satisfied and asked me to come in for an in-person interview. He said his scheduler will contact me to figure out a good time for his schedule. The scheduler called me and I set-up an in-person interview for the following week. I guess it takes a lot to even get to the in-person interview because the hiring manager told me I was 1 of 5 people being interviewed. During the in-person interview I interviewed with 4 people - the hiring manager and the 3 project managers that I would be working with. We met in a conference room and they put me at ease immediately. The interview lasted approximately one-hour.

Interview Questions
It was difficult to negotiate a salary because HR calls you to go over your offer with you. When I tried to counter the offer they said they have the right to rescind the offer, and that it would take up to 7 days for them to get back to me. If you try to increase your salary they also want you to have a good reason to justify the pay increase. It's a very complicated process - you can't just negotiate directly with your hiring manager. He actually has to go seek approval from upper management to try to get you a different offer.

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Associate Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in March 2011.

I received an email from the recruiter to set up a phone interview. The phone interview took probably 10 minutes, she was very friendly and it was a really easy process. She just walked through my resume to gather my basic skills. I then went in for a 1:1 interview that lasted probably 30 minutes with the person that the position would report to. Interview just discussed my experience and we discussed more about the company/position. Did not receive an offer or a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected interview questions. Most were discussing my professional experience.   Answer Question