UnitedHealth Group

Updated Feb 4, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Online application. Recruiter through Texas contacted me for phone screening. Passed my information onto the hiring manager in NV. Phone interview with hiring manager. Several weeks went by and then was asked to come in for an in person interview. I answered several questions and then was asked to sit in the HM's chair and perform some technical tasks while HM sat next to me. It was a very good experience for me and challenging. I enjoyed the interaction and the practical approach to skills assessment. I even learned something! I did not hear for several weeks over the holidays but then was contacted by HM. He stated he was starting the process for a formal offer.

Interview Questions
  • In person skills assessment. I gave myself a C-, but was offered the job because of my personality and my potential.   Answer Question
I had done my research and felt comfortable countering. UHG held firm on base wage for the pay grade, but accepted start date I needed and pre approved vacation time. Ultimately my C- is why I think they held firm at base.

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Two interviewers were interviewing me. Both were very friendly and very personable - you could tell they cared for something that they worked for, which really highlights the overall culture of the company. Both interviewers were in high level positions, one being a leader of project manager while another working at the company for more than 15 years. Essentially the interview process was just to get a better see of how the interviewee is and how he or she coincides with the company's values and goals.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you were in a team setting and had to manage conflicting ideas/opinions/people.

Tell me about yourself?

Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2014.

Very long and drawn out. Asked for documents that were over 30 years old. They asked questions not revelant to the position. Recruiter was not informed on any of the job responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    • Where I wanted to be career wise in 5 years but did not understand the position at ll.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

The hiring and interview process is fairly standard. There were very few surprise questions, although it was still a comprehensive interview. Expect to spend an hour to explain your case. They do let you talk on your own. Don't expect the interviewer to draw the information out from you. If you are shy, then practice presenting your case and giving information.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any "difficult" or unexpected questions. There are lots of follow-up questions, so expect to be very detailed about your experiences and how they affected you, your employees, and your customers.   Answer Question
    Very straightforward. Little room for negotiation. It did take a while, quite drawn out for a position they needed to fill "right away".

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2013.

The hiring and interview process is as in-depth as most with a company this size. You must know where you fit and how you will benefit the company as a whole to be successful in the interview.

Interview Questions

Accepted another offer at another nearby company

Anonymous Employee in Elkridge, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Elkridge, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2013.

Applied Online. Initial phone screening, followed by phone interview with hiring manager. I was brought in for face-to-face interview with other business analysts first, then the hiring manager and an IT manager. Was supposed to meet another senior manager like VP but never did.

Business Analyst Interview

2. What do you know about UnitedHealth Group?
    3. What can you do for UnitedHealth Group?
    4. Why do you want to work for UnitedHealth Group?
    5. Tell me the latest UnitedHealth Group headline you read. What are your thoughts on how that will impact UnitedHealth Group?
    6. If you were in a team involved in a secret UnitedHealth Group project, how would you refrain from telling your significant other, friends, family, etc?
    7. Where do you see UnitedHealth Group's products?
    8. How can you relate the goals you have for yourself to the goals of UnitedHealth Group?

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Typically there is an initial interview by telephone or in person with one manager to screen for basic compatibility. A second interview typically happens with several managers together or separately, and usually (but not always) face-to-face. There can be a third interview with team leads.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle difficult people or situations? Give an example.   View Answer
    They wanted to know how to keep me happy, given that salary increases tend to be small. The process was professional, straightforward, and easy.

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2012.

I did not hear back either way regarding whether or not I was hired. Not exactly professional.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2011.

Only had one phone interview for this position it was very informal. The manager was very down to earth and didn't ask the typical HR questions. Once I was hired the manager had a laptop, printer and phone shipped to my house.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation needed for this position