UnitedHealth Group Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2014

2.7

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2014.

Very long and drawn out. Asked for documents that were over 30 years old. They asked questions not revelant to the position. Recruiter was not informed on any of the job responsibilities.

Interview Questions
  • Where I wanted to be career wise in 5 years but did not understand the position at ll.   Answer Question
No negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2011.

Only had one phone interview for this position it was very informal. The manager was very down to earth and didn't ask the typical HR questions. Once I was hired the manager had a laptop, printer and phone shipped to my house.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation needed for this position

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minnetonka, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in February 2010.

Was contacted by a recruiter and after a short chat she set up a phone interview for me. After the initial interview I was asked in for a final interview with the Director of the business unit I was applying for. He sat me down and asked a series of basic interview questions, none that were surprising. He seemed more interested in my character and personality than having me display my skills.

Interview Questions
    • There were none that were unexpected. A lot about my previous work and problem solving. He also told me a lot about the job and guaged my willingness to do the work in the job description.   Answer Question
    Accepted iniital offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elkridge, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkridge, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2013.

Applied Online. Initial phone screening, followed by phone interview with hiring manager. I was brought in for face-to-face interview with other business analysts first, then the hiring manager and an IT manager. Was supposed to meet another senior manager like VP but never did.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in December 2010.

The initial communication was via email. Phone calls followed for pre-interview questions. Drug tests were then administered. The interview was granted, scheduled and re-scheduled. Interviewer was running late. The interview was informal with only one supervisor. Follow up phone calls and email with offer.

Interview Questions
    • Are you distressed by frequent change?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minnetonka, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2013.

The hiring and interview process is as in-depth as most with a company this size. You must know where you fit and how you will benefit the company as a whole to be successful in the interview.

Interview Questions

Accepted another offer at another nearby company

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

The hiring and interview process is fairly standard. There were very few surprise questions, although it was still a comprehensive interview. Expect to spend an hour to explain your case. They do let you talk on your own. Don't expect the interviewer to draw the information out from you. If you are shy, then practice presenting your case and giving information.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any "difficult" or unexpected questions. There are lots of follow-up questions, so expect to be very detailed about your experiences and how they affected you, your employees, and your customers.   Answer Question
    Very straightforward. Little room for negotiation. It did take a while, quite drawn out for a position they needed to fill "right away".

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2009.

The first step of the interview process is a phone interview with a recruiter. He was interested in just one thing. Are you willing to work for a very low wage?

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. The entire panel of interviewers seemed inept.   View Answer
    • Describe what you did during the Great Recession.   View Answer
    During the worst part of the Great Bush recession, there wasn't much negotiation. Compared offer with contractor rates at that time. Requested a raise later.

Business Analyst Interview

2. What do you know about UnitedHealth Group?
    3. What can you do for UnitedHealth Group?
    4. Why do you want to work for UnitedHealth Group?
    5. Tell me the latest UnitedHealth Group headline you read. What are your thoughts on how that will impact UnitedHealth Group?
    6. If you were in a team involved in a secret UnitedHealth Group project, how would you refrain from telling your significant other, friends, family, etc?
    7. Where do you see UnitedHealth Group's products?
    8. How can you relate the goals you have for yourself to the goals of UnitedHealth Group?

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Typically there is an initial interview by telephone or in person with one manager to screen for basic compatibility. A second interview typically happens with several managers together or separately, and usually (but not always) face-to-face. There can be a third interview with team leads.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle difficult people or situations? Give an example.   View Answer
    They wanted to know how to keep me happy, given that salary increases tend to be small. The process was professional, straightforward, and easy.

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!