UnitedHealth Group

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Case Manager

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2013.

Interview Details – Two weeks after online application, email from recruiter to set time for half hour phone interview that lasts 20 minutes, recruiter went over times/dates on resume, why did you leave this position, have you had a difficult coworker, describe the kind of hours you put in in work in a work day, then salary range discussed (ouch!), by phone hiring manager set up one hour phone interview in a week, questions were describe yourself, have you worked in ambiguous situations, describe ethical dilemmas

Interview Question – Easy questions but not motivated after salary range explained   View Answer

Phoenix, AZ

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a call back from hr dept and phone interview set up. After phone interview 1:1 interview set up at local office, after approximately a month I received a call back stating I was hired, now I'm going through the background check, drug test and ppd. Looking forward to starting soon!

Interview Questions

San Diego, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in July 2010.

Interview Details – Response from Human Resources was immediate and offered a timely interview date. The actual offices were located in a low rent area of San Diego with an adjacent parking structure. The friendly receptionist provided a pamphlet containing a successful (and optomistic) case study prior to the interview. The office cubicles were roomy and quiet, with minimumal activity at the time of the interview. The lead interviewer was both personable and professional and clearly inferred the realities of the position and its limitations. The interview process involved three separate interviews with ascending levels within the corporate structure.

Interview Question – How would you approach a very busy schedule?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Case Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – The phone interview was 3 days after I applied for the RN Case Manager position. The recruiter was awesome and my phone interview went very well and I had a face-to-face interview 1 week later on a Monday. By that Friday I was offered the position.

The process was very smooth and informative. The only drawback was that my hire date/training/orientation won't start until December. :-(

Interview Question – How comfortable are you working with a computer and moving through multiple windows?   Answer Question

Case Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2008.

Interview Details – after sendingon-line resume- recalled corporate HR to follow up. 1 week later scheduled telephone "pre" interview. 2 weeks later invited in for on site interview. Called 1 day later with job offer. Issues with hiring inexperienced managers - majority seemed to be very "green" .As interview proceeded, job description was more suited for clerical repetitive data entry with little opportunity to utilize clinical skills. Bonuses were given based on quantity of phone contacts rather than quality of care

Interview Question – What is one of the more difficult cases you had in previous job - how did you handle it   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – for above reaseons. Little growth opportunity

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!