UnitedHealth Group Claims Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Horsham, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and took the survey. Two days later i received an email requesting a phone interview. Then two days after that I received another email for another interview in the office. I interviewed with two men. One was in the office and the other was on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have to make a difficult decision and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Kingston, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

After the online application process, I received a phone call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview took about 40 out of the 60 minutes that I was told it would take. The interviewer was great. Very pleasant and easy to talk to. The next day, I got a call to set up a formal, in person interview at the job location. This also went great. I interviewed with two people who started out in the position I was applying for and worked their way up. They, too, were very pleasant the interview with.

Interview Questions

• In general about my computer experience as well as work experience and if I was comfortable on the computer, especially using short cuts.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hooksett, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Hooksett, NH) in May 2015.

Interview

I got an email that pointed me out to the website to do the online application and questionnaire. About a month later I got a phone call to set up a phone interview, did that. Then set up a face to face about 2 weeks later. Got the offer letter/phone call a week from that point. And told I am starting on June 8th. Of course doing the background and Drug Screen - they told me that no news was good news. I have not heard from them since 2 1/2 weeks ago so I am thinking this is good news now. I have left a voice mail -and sent an email asking what to bring and to make sure it is 8am on Monday June 8th. Still waiting to hear back. I will still show up no matter what - but be nice to have some more communication.

Interview Questions

• To tell them a time when I worked at something, and made a difference in what I did.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Nashville, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied. 2wks later did phone interview. 2more weeks later I did a face to face with a supervisor. Supervisor is very personable and asked questions about my personal life. Got a job offer a wk later through email along with drug test and background check info

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with and office setting and no phone interaction?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

The hiring process is relatively fast. I filled out a online application followed by the assement test which was a lot. In less than 24 hours the recutier called to set up an phone interview. Than was scheduled for the next day and after doing the phone interview the following day I interviewed with manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell a situation in which you had to deal with a angry customer? How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Several jobs popped up in my town (which never happens), so I applied for all of them. Within a day or 2, I got emails to take the assessments related to the jobs I applied for. I took, then at the end of the week saw there was going to be job fair the next week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you dealt with someone unethical, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

I applied online for a couple different positions. I was emailed a message and link from hirevue asking to do a digital interview. In that interview they allow you to do 3 or so practice questions. You have 30 seconds to prepare and 3 minutes to answer the question. The questions were situational and customer service related. Then, a couple of days passed and I got a call from a recruiter stating that I now had a phone interview. In the phone interview they basically just asked your level of knowledge is with a computer. If you have used and know how to use powerpoint, excel, Microsoft outlook etc..... They also asked about your prior jobs and as to why you are leaving them and what you got paid. That same afternoon I received call stating they wanted to schedule an interview with the hiring manager the next day. I went to the interview, there was a women in person and man on the phone. The women an d man both introduced themselves and she then explained what the job position was, what the expected and then they get to the situational questions. They asked 3. #1 Name a situation in which you resolved an unhappy customers issue and how you handled it. #2 Tell us about a situation where you had to explain something complex in depth with a customer. (That question caught me off guard for some reason) and lastly #3 Tell us about a situation where you were frustrated and how you handled your emotions. They concluded the interview after that and stated a recruiter would be in touch with me from that point on. The male on the phone really just listened and asked you to elaborate on your answers and made you go more in depth.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation where you had to explain something complex in depth with a customer?; This question was hard for me because I just couldn't recall an actual situation in which that happened. My mind went blank.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Horsham, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position online. There was was also an online test to simulate customer service calls (about 5 simulated calls) followed by typical ethical question. About 3 weeks later I received an email requesting an online interview. The interview is not with an actual person. There were about 3 questions and your answers are recorded. You are allowed to practice as many times as you would like. About a week later I received an email requesting I come in for an interview. There were two people in the interview room and one on speaker. There were about 5 behavioral questions followed by the "why should we hire you"?, questions. They were very nice and polite during the interview process. I was told I would hear from them the next day. 7:48 the next morning, I received an email stating that my qualifications were impressive, I did not get the job. I followed up with a thank you email, no response.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you did not understand how to help the customer or what they wanted   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Greensboro, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online with an employee referral. Almost a month later I got an email stating I had an online interview (which was a first for me). It gives you two weeks to conduct the interview. It is not a person to person interview it asks four questions and records your answer. I think it is highly inappropriate and if a company acts like they cannot at least conduct an over the phone interview or in person that tells me that they don't have time for me at their company.

Interview Questions

UnitedHealth Group Response

Jun 12, 2014 – Enterprise Talent Community Manager

Hello! So sorry you did not like our new video interviewing process. Please know because we have many managers that are not all in the same location and/or that telecommute conducting video ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tonawanda, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Tonawanda, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I submitted an online application and completed a screening assessment. Was called the next day to set up a phone interview. Had phone interview the following week. Phone interview went well and I was scheduled for a face to face interview. If you have changed jobs recently, be prepared to explain in detail the reason for the change during the phone interview and face to face interview. I was interviewed by a panel of three hiring managers. Standard interview questions for the most part, mostly behavioral questions where you have to give very specific and detailed answers about past situations. Interviewers were very nice and friendly. I felt comfortable and relaxed. I am currently working in outside sales so the hiring managers seemed to be concerned about my transition to working at a desk job for 8 hours. I do not know if that is the reason I was not offered a position, but I think it was maybe a factor. Interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. I was told I would receive a phone call if it was for a job offer or an email if I was not selected. I received an email exactly two weeks after my face to face interview. The whole interview process from online app to email denial took 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever witnessed a co-worker do something unethical?   Answer Question