UnitedHealth Group

UnitedHealth Group Clinical Data Analyst Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Clinical Data Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2013.

Started with an initial phone interview for screening purposes. Interviewer was very nice and polite, took about 30 minutes. Told her my past experience and she said I met the qualifications. Got an email to schedule an in person interview a few days later. Showed up for the interview 15 minutes early, the department director was 20 minutes late because he was "in a meeting". Started off by telling me that my qualifications didn't really meet the requirements of the job (then why am I hear I thought), proceeded to tell me how gigantic and great the company was and how great his numbers are. Said that a project I had worked on for a year at a previous employer and completed successfully was "not that big of a deal". Never asked me any questions about actual healthcare quality or why I wanted to work there. Told me more than once "if I were you I wouldn't want to work for me". Spent most of the interview talking about not a whole lot, only gave the department manager time to ask me one question, sadly, because she seemed much nicer and more interested in finding out about my experience. After about a half an hour he looked at his watch and said he had to leave for another meeting in 5 minutes and do I have any questions? which I thought was extremely rude, especially since he was late for the interview in the first place. Overall a terrible interview experience, solidified my disgust for working for a corporate giant that only cares about their bottom line and not the people they are serving.

Interview Questions
  • You seem like a people pleaser, do you think that is a good or bad trait for someone in this position?   View Answer