UnitedHealth Group

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Clinical Data Analyst Interview

Clinical Data Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – Started with an initial phone interview for screening purposes. Interviewer was very nice and polite, took about 30 minutes. Told her my past experience and she said I met the qualifications. Got an email to schedule an in person interview a few days later. Showed up for the interview 15 minutes early, the department director was 20 minutes late because he was "in a meeting". Started off by telling me that my qualifications didn't really meet the requirements of the job (then why am I hear I thought), proceeded to tell me how gigantic and great the company was and how great his numbers are. Said that a project I had worked on for a year at a previous employer and completed successfully was "not that big of a deal". Never asked me any questions about actual healthcare quality or why I wanted to work there. Told me more than once "if I were you I wouldn't want to work for me". Spent most of the interview talking about not a whole lot, only gave the department manager time to ask me one question, sadly, because she seemed much nicer and more interested in finding out about my experience. After about a half an hour he looked at his watch and said he had to leave for another meeting in 5 minutes and do I have any questions? which I thought was extremely rude, especially since he was late for the interview in the first place. Overall a terrible interview experience, solidified my disgust for working for a corporate giant that only cares about their bottom line and not the people they are serving.

Interview Question – You seem like a people pleaser, do you think that is a good or bad trait for someone in this position?   View Answer

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!