UnitedHealth Group

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – Phone interview and then asked back for two in-person interviews (same day).

Interview Question – Nothing difficult; this was your average behavioral interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A recruiter will call you and ask what you would like to make. After giving him an offer, he came back with a lower offer, which I accepted with a hiring bonus.

Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in March 2012.

Interview Details – Right from the start, I was able to meet with one of OptumInsight's consultants who took the time to not only communicate with me via e-mail, but also meet with me in person to discuss the topic of consulting and life as a OptumInsight employee. After that, I was able to have a phone interview that went fairly well. The woman was very amiable. Following that, I had an in-office interview where I met with several OptumInsight employees. Despite of their busy schedules and an oncoming snow storm, they came to the office eager to speak with me. Some advice that I'd offer to candidates would be to remain calm and be passionate about healthcare.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a consultant?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As an entry-level consultant, I received a fair offer, which I accepted. The company does offer some opportunity in how you invest your money and insurance options. Overall, I think you get a decent offer, especially in today's job market.

Consultant

The process took 2 months - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted application in March, was interviewed two weeks later. Interview went well, was told that I should get a call within 72 hrs or get an e-mail that I'm not selected. None of it occurred. Eventually got e-mail that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Consultant

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone call from recruiter. Then follow-up call with hiring manager. Then 2-3 phone calls with senior leaders. Then job offer from recruiter.

Interview Question – Tell me about what you did to solve that problem.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online on a Saturday. An HR rep contacted me the following Monday for a phone interview. She interviewed me later that afternoon. The HR interview consisted of me telling her about my background, skills, and why I wanted to work for UHG. The HR rep advised she would recommend to the hiring manager to interview me. I had an interview with the manager that Friday. The interview consisted of a one hour skills assessment and one hour of behavioral interview questions. After interviewing with the hiring manager I interviewed with her boss and her bosses boss. The process only took 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time you went above and beyond to get the job done.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The HR rep let it slip that they always offer a 10% increase over what you currently make so beware when releasing that information.

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2011.

Interview Details – Had two interviews, both over the phone, both went great...they kept me waiting for over six weeks before the recruiter emailed me to let know how great I did, and that I was in the top candidate pool for selection, however, a week later...the position was offered to a current UHC employee.

Interview Questions

• The interview with the recruitor was laid back, almost conversational. Discussions revolved around my experiences and why I was leaving my current position,   Answer Question
  • The second interview with the hiring managers was grueling....there were 15-17 'canned' and timed questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at UnitedHealth Group

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!

UnitedHealth Group Videos

UnitedHealth Group – Why Work for Us?

We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UnitedHealth Group Consultant interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by UnitedHealth Group employees and interview candidates.