UnitedHealth Group

Updated Sep 23, 2014

3.1

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Care Professional Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Very straightforward. There was a phone interview; in-person computer skills test (which was disguised as "log in to this terminal and print your information for us"); and in-person interview. Interview process went exactly as they described it would.

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Applied and took assessment online. The next day received email from a recruiter to complete a digital interview where they asked 3 behavioral questions. The next day recruiter called to set up one on one interview the same day. Interviewed with 2 supervisors. Was not impressed, I got the judgement look right when they came in. They asked 3 behavioral questions and 2 main interview questions, why UnitedHealth group? And what sets you apart from the other candidates, why should we hire you?

Said they were going to contact me the next day and never heard anything. Should have at least emailed or called me I didn't get the position! Rude.

Customer Care Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Applied, took online assessment, rec phone interview, lastly rec a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name an time when you were a witness of someone doing something unethical.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Customer Care Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2014.

Submit Application, Get e-mail to do a 40 min assessment (Interactive Computer Scenarios),
    Contacted to do a phone interview (takes about 60 min.) They ask a lot of situational/behavioral questions and go through each detail of your resume. Be prepared with examples for the questions and answer in STAR format.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when a co-worker was unethical. Give an example of a time when you had to use your technical expertise to solve a problem. Give an example of a time you had to handle a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Customer Care Professional Interview

Nice Lady asked basic questions, business casual dress

there was no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

After applying online, you will be scheduled to come in to take a computerized test. You are not given instructions other than what is on the computer so it's also a test of how well you can figure stuff out on your own. It's not too difficult. Takes about 45 mins I believe. If you pass that test, immediately after you fill out a work history on the computers and then they will call you for an interview usually w/in a week. During the interview process they ask some pretty basic questions about your customer service experience. How do you deal with disgruntled customers? What was the most stressful situation you have encountered in a job and how did it turn out? What do you think is the most important aspect of customer service?

Interview Questions
    Offered a position, had to pass a drug screening, once that went through I had to come in to sign some initial paperwork. On my first day of work there was more paperwork to sign and benefits stuff to go over.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

After applying for the position online I interviewed with Amber Naylor at the Cypress CA office. She called me and made me feel like I was truly wanted as part of the team. She worked with me on the interview appointment as I was already employed with another company at the time. She was kind, caring and professional. She asked me about my relevant experience and several other qualifying questions. Very typical one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    Set and non-negotiable starting rate. Accept or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2013.

I applied online and was promptly called for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted one hour and consisted of situational based questions. Upon completion of the interview I was invited to a face to face interview the next day. I felt very comfortable and was interviewed by two managers. They asked the same situational based questions, as well as why I wanted to work for United Health Group, and explained the job position to me. The interview lasted one hour. On my drive home I was called from the recruiter and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you took the blame for another employee when it wasn't your fault.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2013.

Applied online, took skills/personality test. skills test consisted of 4 phone calls and multiple choice to select answer to the calls. A day later received call from recruiter explaining what job duties were, training is 15 weeks, pay is 12.50/hourly NON-NEGOTIABLE. Asked if I was interested and then set up in person interview with recruiter. Went in for my in person interview (she was EXPRESSION-LESS, like she hated her job).... went through my resume, she asked about 5 behavioral questions which weren't all that difficult, but they're really looking for specific DETAILED answers. She typed my answers word for word on a laptop. email later that they were going ahead with more qualified candidates.

Interview Questions
    • describe a time you used your technical expertise to solve a business problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2012.

I originally applied for a different position, interviewed for that position, and never got so much as an e-mail or callback. The company called me in to take a proctored assessment for another exam, but when I showed up the proctor told me that I wasn't ideally suited for the job (admittedly, I wasn't) but he asked me to interview for another position. I interviewed immediately. At the end of the 45 minute interview, the interviewer invited me back to interview again, this time with a hiring manager, the following morning. Withing 24 hours, I got a call with a contingent job offer.

Since the position started just days after, I had to wait until the very last minute to hear if my background screening went through in time to start when I was supposed to. Even though the background check is not complete (they have to do an international check since I've previously lived abroad), they are letting me start on the originally planned start date. So I start tomorrow morning!

I'm excited to be working for them, but I will say that it was really frustrating trying to get a hold of people (to thank for an interview, to call the hiring manager, etc). Luckily, I know a few people at my site, so I had go-betweens. It can really be quite frustrating... but hang in there!

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you were faced with and ethical problem and what did you do to handle it.

Explains steps you have taken to improve or complete a difficult task or situation.

Lots of behavioral questions.

*Interview questions will vary based on what position you applied for.

Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They quite plainly told me what the salary would be at my first interview. I will be making $12.50 and hour (about 26,000 annually). As a recent college graduate who is living at home, this suited me fine, at least while I figure out my next steps.