UnitedHealth Group

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Green Bay, WI

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2012.

Interview Details – Took a skills test, then 2 interviews with different people. Background check took forever.

Interview Question – how do you feel your past work experience would help you with this position?   Answer Question

Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2010.

Interview Details – You take a customer service test and fill out extra application paper work. Then you are scheduled for a one on one interview if you pass the test.

Richardson, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, i then took a personality and skills test. The next day i received an e-mail to schedule an onsite assessment. Passed assessment and was told first interview was scheduled 2 days later. First interview was with recruiter and she was laid back so i was not worried, we talked about work experience and about 5 behavior questions. Second interview was the next day with a director and 3 sups, and was offered the position the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate due to my call center experience. I was given the max available.

Green Bay, WI

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2011.

Interview Details – After I completed an onsight assessment of my general PC skills I was invited to a face-to-face interview. I drove through the night in a Prius to make this interview in the aftermath of one of the worst blizzards in 120 years to hit that area. I was on time and dressed appropriately. My interviewer appeared rude and gave me the feeling that she did not want to be there. She made me feel glad I didn't get the job.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. They were the typical "Describe a time when you..."   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in March 2011.

Interview Details – completed application online, I was emailed to take the test. After taking the test I was told to come in and take the onsite assement test. I have not heard anything else and I passed the test.

Interview Question – Why do u want to work here   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2011.

Interview Details – submitted application and resume online and received invitation for Onsite Assesment. did onsite assessment day later and 1 on 1 interview 2 days later. was told after 1 on 1 will know by friday and received rejection letter that wednesday.

Interview Question – How would you handle a co-worker acting unethically?   View Answer

Roanoke, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2010.

Interview Details – Was called to come in for a skills test - went in and did the whole personality test (2nd one so far) and skills test. Once I passed that I was given an interview time for a 1:1 interview a couple days later. The person I interviewed was very candid and forthcoming. She actually coached me on what to say in the 2nd interview to make sure I was hired, and what not to say. Which was great because I really needed a job at the time. But I also think some people got hired that shouldn't have because of this "coaching". The 2nd interview was set up the next week with 2 Supervisors. They asked lots of different questions that aren't basic. One of those interviewers is my current supervisor, and I highly respect him. The other has become a "friend", or as much a friend as a Supervisor can be. I was then called a few days later and offered the position.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had to deal with an angry or upset customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was told at the beginning that it is a set hourly rate, there is no negotiating on the pay for this position - everyone is paid the same, no matter what.

Customer Service

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2011.

Interview Details – If you don't have any experience working in a call center don't apply for the job. Even if you pass the computerized testing, that doesn't matter.

Interview Question – Describe the duties of your last job.   Answer Question

Customer Service

The process took a day - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was first asked to come in for a group assessment. This consisted of a test done on the computer. It was not that difflicult. Next, came a phone interview. We kept getting disconnected. Next was an interview one on one. The woman was a supervisor and very chatty. The background check was the worse part. They kept calling me because they could not verify my information. I got an envelope delivered to me saying I did not get the job because of my credit. I called United Healthcare and they said they do not pull credit reports. I called the company doing the background check and she never said it was a mistake she just said to ignore it. It was very upsetting. Finally they sent me for a drug test. Had I known then what I know now I would not have been so thrilled to get the job! It is a very difflicult job and should pay more than it does! The benefits are expensive and not very good for a health insurance company. I was very disappointed with the whole place.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you solved a problem for a customer?   View Answer
  • How do you handle difflicult or irrate customers?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I got a call and got an offer, there was no negotiation.

Customer Service

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – applied online and took online assessment, was contacted via email to come in for onsite assessment about 10 days later. onsite assessment consisted of 4 cust svc situations that had nothing to do with healthcare for skills and yet another personality test. was told by the person (who by the way never introduced herself and seemed rushed and rude) i would hear something within 72 hrs either way, i didn't . 2 weeks later i got a call to schedule an interview with a recruiter. i returned the call and left 3 messages over 4 days. then late on a sunday night a week later someone called to schedule a phone interview for the next day at 1 p.m. the call came at 2:30 and recruiter asked questions she said the company was interested in. had i ever had to claim responsibility for a mistake by another employee? describe a time when a customer was very angry. the usual. then asked if i ever had occasion to compose and send correspondence, what other languages did i speak and what operating system my home computer was on. recruiter was very pleasant and said i would hear something via email within 48 hrs. got an email wednesday morning saying that although my credentials were impressive there were others more qualified.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you had to calm an angry customer   Answer Question
  • have you ever had to claim responsibility for a mistake by another employee   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at UnitedHealth Group

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!

UnitedHealth Group Videos

UnitedHealth Group – Why Work for Us?

We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UnitedHealth Group Customer Service interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by UnitedHealth Group employees and interview candidates.