UnitedHealth Group

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – Received a call to go to interview with 2 different managers, then the VP, took 2 weeks. But no job offer.

Interview Question – why do you want to work in health care?   Answer Question

Customer Service

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online, recieved an email two days later asking for more information. Another email about two days later as well, asking to schedule an onsite assessment. the assessment location was changed a day before the test, to a location about 20 minutes away, but I was familiar with the area, so no problem. The assessment consisted of listening to calls and taking phone numbers, names and what customer was calling for.Passed assessment, they let me know right away. A 30 minute telephone interview was scheduled a day later, then an onsite interview with two managers about 3 days later. Recieved a contigency offer the following week, pending background checks. Reference checks, drug testing and criminal background checks completed in about a week. Recieved a confirmation of start date one week later. Overall a smooth process, someone was in touch with me on a regular basis via email. Everyone I came in contact with from the security guard to the managers were all cordial. I felt comfortable and not at all like just another applicant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation necessary as it was more than I was asking.

Customer Service

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2011.

Interview Details – An outside HR consultant contacted me by email and phone.
Very good experience in the exchange of questions and answers.
I could have been more confident

Interview Question – Why should we select you for the position?   Answer Question

Customer Service

The process took 2 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2011.

Interview Details – I did the online app and assessment. I was asked to schedule an onsite assessment by email. The onsite assessment is a call center simulation. You have to enter names and numbers of “customers” and then pick a response from a list. (Tip: Remember the name and enter the numbers first. The numbers come faster than you will be able to type the name, and you will be penalized if you replay the last sound.) I was later called for an interview. I was interviewed from a packet. The First four pages are about your work history. The next five are standard behavioral interview questions. I was emailed later that day with a rejection letter.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2011.

Interview Details – recruiter called 1 hour later than scheduled asked if i had experience in call center. i explained 7 years on the phone. she asked me xpected salary . i quoted a $ amount she said we can only pay this amount. no chance to negotiate. she said i should get another call to come in for face to face interview . before we hung up phone i received a REJECT email..

Interview Question – she only ask why do i want the job   View Answer

Customer Service

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied, asked to come to onsite assessment, then hadphone interview

Interview Question – Why do want you want to leave your current employment?   Answer Question

Customer Service

The process took a day - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in December 2009.

Interview Details – Just like any other job interview. First I emailed them my resume and submitted my information to their online job website. Then I was asked to submit a user name and password to another website to do an online assessment, i.e. math and reading skills. About a week after that, I was asked to complete information and come in for an interview.

Interview Question – Is there anything in your background that we should know about?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at UnitedHealth Group