UnitedHealth Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Very friendly and nice. No one seem to know that i had a interview and had to find a manager willing to interview me. This mad me aware that i may not get the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Marietta, GA).

Interview

The interview went smooth the on the phone and in person. The long part is going through the hard process of the in depth background screening. I didn't like that I got the offer only if I pass everything. It's like you on pins and needles until you go to orientations..I don't do drugs but I didn't fill the line up, so I had to wait at the faculty until I could and if I leave, I would be saying I use drugs or I am not willing to cooperate. I had up to 3 hours also.

Interview Questions

• All questions are about what would you do in different types of situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

It took 4 weeks plus for a face to face inteview. When I arrived no one did not know about the interview and took about 30 minutes for the security person to find someone for the interview. That's when I knew ...I was not gettting hired. I meet one person and had interview with another. The interview question was from their "UnitedHealth" website in form of behavior question. The whole process was laughable also if you don't know anyone that work there ...just keep looking...

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time (Behavior interviews question) from their introduction website about the company   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

I applied and the next day I called them. 1 week later I had a face to face interview. The lady that interviewed me was trying to be intimidating, however, the interview was easier than i thought it would be. I was given a run down on the business and what they did as a whole.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Good enough to fool me into working there. HR interviewer was good and professional. Take everything the first time and you won't have to go back. Everything done same day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

There was a brief phone call from a recruiter that I was selected for a phone interview, Scheduled the phone interview for the next morning phone interview was about 30 minutes and she asked questions I then had a face to face interview which lasted about an hour this face to face interview was a lot more pleasant and the manager was eager to answer a lot of questions and she was very knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• describe a time where you had to pay close attention to detail?   Answer Question
    • describe a time where a customer was upset and it wasn't your fault what did you do to resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied for job in April, 2 weeks later took assessment online, got a call on may 8th to set up phone interview on may 11th(Today). Questions were about past jobs and scenarios and situations from previous jobs. Awaiting call/email....

Interview Questions

• is united Health group a better company to work than your current or previous employer?   2 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2015.

Interview

I applied on indeed. Got an email letting me know that my interview will be held on google hangouts. I got online the next day, chatting with the recruiter. It took about 3 hours at the most and I was given a decision at the end.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to work with a difficult person ( co-worker, customer, supervisor, etc.) How would you handle the situation ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Franklin, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview experience was a lot harder than one would think. There are several steps and also commonly issues with the background check that require additional information. During the interview process, I was rejected twice only to find out I was successful in going to the next step in the process. Once everything settled down, the offer was made and accepted cordially. A couple of tips... - Do your homework on the company and integrate the info into your responses. - Dress professional for face-to-face. - Keep an eye on your email - their main mode of communication outside of phone calls. - Short, sweet, and straight to the point. The pay and compensation may vary from one person to the next but the offer made to myself well exceeded expectations. The benefits package and other perks are good as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you couldn't handle a task that you had to get help on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Got called in a week, asked a couple ?s about the job, title, and pay and if you accept then they call you for a phone interview. Mines was set up the very next day, early. I had a person who couldn't speak English well, very hard to understand and I thought great, here goes my chances. First they go over your resume, tell them different circumstances about your jobs, any metrics and if so what was told about it, then about 5-6 behavioral questions "tell me a time" explaining in STAR format. Of course, the person I had didn't understand or keep up with whAt I was explaining. She kept pausing me and telling me to go back. Again, it was still hard to understAnd her. I knew I wasn't going to get it.

Interview Questions

• If I understood her English: Tell me a time you had a project or product that your team didn't agree to? Tell me a time when you made a mistake and had to apologize for it? Tell me a time when a customer called and it was difficult?   Answer Question