UnitedHealth Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.8

48 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

I applied on line. Took the assessment. Four days later I got a call from recruiter, they left a voicemail calling about my application. I called back, got recruiter's vm saying they would call me back in order my call was received, this was their busiest time of year. About a week and a half later got call back from recruiter. They went over what the job responsibilities entailed, training dates, schedule, pay. Asked if I was ok with all of it. I said I was. Scheduled for a phone interview with a recruiter the following week, said it would be an hour going over my resume. Recruiter asked behavior ?'s. There was a fire drill 1/2 way thru my interview. Rec called me back. Got e-mail next day saying I didn't get the job. I believe my last job salary precluded me (it was twice the offer from uhg.)

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had an irate customer. How did you handle them and turn them around?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2014.

Long. Online Application, passed online behavior tests, received request for digital interview within next business day. Completed. Then received followup to schedule phone interview. Painless.... HR contacted me that night about scheduling face to face within 3 days. completed... went well.. HR contacted me within hour of face to face with follow question about current job and part-time/ full-time reasons... now waiting....

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you went above and beyond at work..... I was stumped initially. When does anyone take credit for themselves while doing their job?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2014.

step 1 apply online
    step 2 online assessment
    step 3 digital interview
    step 4 phone interview
    step 5 in person interview
    step 6 7-10 days for a decision
    I interviewed on August 1, 2014 received an email on August 5, 2014 stating impressed with my skills and qualifications but pursuing other candidates that closing match position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to problem requiring your supervisor assistance? something to that nature.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2014.

In the beginning, I was very excited about applying and interviewing for UnitedHealth Group. I felt my qualifications and experience would definitely be an asset to the company. My entire career is and have been focused on customer care and providing efficient service. I have over achieved in all of my corporate position and was thrilled to become a part of UnitedHealth Group and their Clients. To begin with, The application process was extremely long. You were asked to complete several behavioral questions as well as taking an online assessment of calls and selecting the response which best answers the customer concerns. I completed the application process and was contacted by a recruiter for UnitedHealth Group who completed another mini qualification interview.Once she determined I was a good candidate, I was scheduled for a video interview which requires you to answer another set of behavioral questions.Once that process was completed, I was contacted again by the same recruiter who said I passed the video interview, and would schedule me for a phone interview for the following day. The next day, I completed my interview and the recruiter was very impressed and wanted to schedule me for another phone interview with the hiring manager. He was unable to, but scheduled me for a face to face interview for the following day. He was very pleasant and seemed very excited to schedule me to come in. The interview process from this point was great until I was scheduled for the Face to Face interview. This is where I felt very disappointed with the Hiring process. When I arrived at UnitedHealth group, those who were scheduled for an interview were sat in a lobby area to wait for their respective interviewer.During that time, current employees were walking through the lobby and were very loud and seemed like a group of recent high school graduates(18-20). They were not very professional and even made some uncomfortable comments as they walked through the lobby. During the wait, several employees walked through and were not very professional.For example, One employee was rapping as he walked through the lobby. Another employees, was wearing flip flops as she left the building.This contradicted what a lot of what UnitedHealth Group claimed to be.
    I was finally called for my interview and greeted by the manager who was late for my interview. Once we sat down, it was clear that the manager was not really prepared for the interview . I was asked a few of the same behavioral questions and answered them just as I did on the three prior interviews that I successfully completed. There was nothing difficult about the face to face interview. I was told that I would receive a call back in 3-5 days. The next day I received an email saying I did not get the position. I did not understand how I successfully passed and completed three interviews which were very in depth about my qualifications with the recruiter just a few days ago and did not pass a face to face interview which asked me the exact same questions I was asked before? I truly felt that the hiring manager was either intimidated by my qualifications or I did not fit the current trend & culture of that particular location.
    Overall, I felt that once I came in for the face to face, the UnitedHealth Group managers there already made their decisions once they were able to see who I was. I did not feel that my experience or qualifications from that point on were looked into or had anything to do with getting the job offer. My time was also not valued as a candidate since my interviewer was late. Also, Usually by your second interview, you are very confident that you have landed the job. To have Four Interviews and go through an extremely long process to still get an email stating you were not selected seems a little inconsiderate.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were behavioral questions and very easy   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2014.

Applied online. I then moved on to the assessment. After completing that I was contacted about a video interview. During this time I was given 3-4 on the screen and my answers were recorded. After that I had a phone interview. After the phone interview came the face to face interview. I received an offer and now I'm just waiting on the background check to clear.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to multitask and something went wrong. How was it corrected?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2014.

You can be overqualified for this position and never make it through the first ten questions on the application! Someone with HealthCare Clinical Experience, Call Center Experience, and over ten years of customer care experience can be looked over quickly. Why would a company committed to hiring the best at least take the time to review a candidate without a nonsensical mass-screening question?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

The process was intense! I had to do an online assessment which was so hard I had to get paper and a calculator as well as phone a friend. I then did 2 phone screenings and 3 in person interviews. However, when I got my foot in the door, I was good to go! So many endless opportunities.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you experienced conflict in the workplace.
      This one caught me off guard.
        Answer Question
    Easy and fast.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2014.

Professional hiring process. They acknowledge your resume and provide you with updates. Had a phone interview which consisted of all behavioral interview questions - some difficult and some regular interview questions. Very professional recruiter conducted the interview - call on time, articulate, etc. Overall my experience left me with a good impression of this company, even though I didn't move on to an actual interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you witnessed someone doing something unethical and how you handled it.
      Tell us about a time when someone on your team disappointed you.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2014.

Applied online and from there was sent a email for a video interview. Once I completed that a few days after I received a call for a phone interview. After the phone interview I interviewed on site and asked 4 questions the same that were asked over the phone

Interview Questions
    • A situation that happen that was not connected but end up being connected. Something that I saw was unethical happen in the workplace by customer or employee   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in February 2014.

1. Application
    2. Online Assessment
    3. Call from a recruiter
    4. Phone Interview
    5. Onsite interview
    6. Background check and drug test

Interview Questions
    • Questions were easy. Questions were like "tell me about a time a customer was unhappy and how did you deal with it?"   Answer Question