UnitedHealth Group

Updated Feb 5, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2015.

Applied on the 19th of Dec recvd.call on the 27th of Jan setup phone interview, had the interview discussed job history and behavioral questions she invited me to a face to face like in 2.days because the class was starting on feb 9 2015 on my interview she asked 4 behavioral I made sure tht my answers were related to thr mission statement so my answers were more empathetic and being compassionate whn related to customers interviewer sd she loved my answers and wld.make sure she hurried up to pass on well anyways thy finally called.me on Feb 4th and been sending me emails so tht I can setup drug test and.bkgrnd chk. I forgot tht I did the typing.tests bk in dec as.well

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

up until the second phone interview i felt they are encouraging and fair and i had good hopes about them as an employer. the initial tests were easy for me because i have long term experience in healthcare insurance. the second Interview changed all that and frankly it was downright awful.

Interview Questions
    • the interviewer was much too nosy about my ex employer trying to get me to trash talk why i was applying to them and they had sent the job salary too, yes it was a decrease but it became almost accusatory and very unsettling when he wouldn't let that go either, after that i felt he was at best rude. the situation questions i felt were a waste of my time because i already answered similar on the initial test. needless to say i wasn't too surprised when i received my blow off email that i didn't get the job, a job i could do in my sleep. i wouldn't waste my time applying here again and i feel that their interviewer should be fired for how he treats potential job candidates.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Phone screening with a recruiter first. Then you take a onsite timed analytical test on the computer. If you are not wired for this type of test you may find it difficult. Results are immediate then if you pass you wait to find out if your hired contingent on background & drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle multiple projects due around the same time?   Answer Question
    None offered a set pay rate. More like take or leave it. This would apply for potential employees applying from the outside.

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in December 2014.

Online interview wants me to commit to a position. They offer a salary of $25 an hour as well as benefits. I'm just not sure how much work is involved.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have online experience? Have you ever worked from home? What are your goals for the future? Why do you think you are a good fit for this company?   Answer Question

I told them I cannot commit to the offer as of yet. I'm going to need some time to think about it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Online assessment.Phone interview. Face-to-face. Now waiting for a phone to see if I got the job or not. Very easy. The hiring manager was super easy going and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you went out of your way to help a customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

A recruiter emailed me to discuss the job and the pay and when the training class starts. I was asked to fill out some paper work and email the signed paper work back to them. After that they said they were going to call me if they want to further the process.

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

I applied on line. Took the assessment. Four days later I got a call from recruiter, they left a voicemail calling about my application. I called back, got recruiter's vm saying they would call me back in order my call was received, this was their busiest time of year. About a week and a half later got call back from recruiter. They went over what the job responsibilities entailed, training dates, schedule, pay. Asked if I was ok with all of it. I said I was. Scheduled for a phone interview with a recruiter the following week, said it would be an hour going over my resume. Recruiter asked behavior ?'s. There was a fire drill 1/2 way thru my interview. Rec called me back. Got e-mail next day saying I didn't get the job. I believe my last job salary precluded me (it was twice the offer from uhg.)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had an irate customer. How did you handle them and turn them around?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Kingston, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2014.

Long. Online Application, passed online behavior tests, received request for digital interview within next business day. Completed. Then received followup to schedule phone interview. Painless.... HR contacted me that night about scheduling face to face within 3 days. completed... went well.. HR contacted me within hour of face to face with follow question about current job and part-time/ full-time reasons... now waiting....

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you went above and beyond at work..... I was stumped initially. When does anyone take credit for themselves while doing their job?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2014.

step 1 apply online
    step 2 online assessment
    step 3 digital interview
    step 4 phone interview
    step 5 in person interview
    step 6 7-10 days for a decision
    I interviewed on August 1, 2014 received an email on August 5, 2014 stating impressed with my skills and qualifications but pursuing other candidates that closing match position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to problem requiring your supervisor assistance? something to that nature.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2014.

In the beginning, I was very excited about applying and interviewing for UnitedHealth Group. I felt my qualifications and experience would definitely be an asset to the company. My entire career is and have been focused on customer care and providing efficient service. I have over achieved in all of my corporate position and was thrilled to become a part of UnitedHealth Group and their Clients. To begin with, The application process was extremely long. You were asked to complete several behavioral questions as well as taking an online assessment of calls and selecting the response which best answers the customer concerns. I completed the application process and was contacted by a recruiter for UnitedHealth Group who completed another mini qualification interview.Once she determined I was a good candidate, I was scheduled for a video interview which requires you to answer another set of behavioral questions.Once that process was completed, I was contacted again by the same recruiter who said I passed the video interview, and would schedule me for a phone interview for the following day. The next day, I completed my interview and the recruiter was very impressed and wanted to schedule me for another phone interview with the hiring manager. He was unable to, but scheduled me for a face to face interview for the following day. He was very pleasant and seemed very excited to schedule me to come in. The interview process from this point was great until I was scheduled for the Face to Face interview. This is where I felt very disappointed with the Hiring process. When I arrived at UnitedHealth group, those who were scheduled for an interview were sat in a lobby area to wait for their respective interviewer.During that time, current employees were walking through the lobby and were very loud and seemed like a group of recent high school graduates(18-20). They were not very professional and even made some uncomfortable comments as they walked through the lobby. During the wait, several employees walked through and were not very professional.For example, One employee was rapping as he walked through the lobby. Another employees, was wearing flip flops as she left the building.This contradicted what a lot of what UnitedHealth Group claimed to be.
    I was finally called for my interview and greeted by the manager who was late for my interview. Once we sat down, it was clear that the manager was not really prepared for the interview . I was asked a few of the same behavioral questions and answered them just as I did on the three prior interviews that I successfully completed. There was nothing difficult about the face to face interview. I was told that I would receive a call back in 3-5 days. The next day I received an email saying I did not get the position. I did not understand how I successfully passed and completed three interviews which were very in depth about my qualifications with the recruiter just a few days ago and did not pass a face to face interview which asked me the exact same questions I was asked before? I truly felt that the hiring manager was either intimidated by my qualifications or I did not fit the current trend & culture of that particular location.
    Overall, I felt that once I came in for the face to face, the UnitedHealth Group managers there already made their decisions once they were able to see who I was. I did not feel that my experience or qualifications from that point on were looked into or had anything to do with getting the job offer. My time was also not valued as a candidate since my interviewer was late. Also, Usually by your second interview, you are very confident that you have landed the job. To have Four Interviews and go through an extremely long process to still get an email stating you were not selected seems a little inconsiderate.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were behavioral questions and very easy   Answer Question