UnitedHealth Group
2.8 of 5 1,587 reviews
www.unitedhealthgroup.com Minnetonka, MN 5000+ Employees

UnitedHealth Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Getting the Interview

37 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process took about two weeks. From applying online, then an online assessment test once you pass that, you will then go to the company for another onsite assessment (a hint, just like the online assessment. Once you pass, you might actually get a face to face interview by the manager.

The manager who interviewed me, I was very disappointed, due to the fact she really didnt ask challenging questions, the interview also lasted 10 minutes. Then I was advised to wait in the lobby, the HR rep stated that the manager is very impressed and want me to come back for a 2nd interview. The HR rep stated if I have time right now, she can conduct one.

** One question is why UnitedHealth Group?
** What skills and qualities do you have that is better than others?
** Why should we hire you?

Interview Question – It was the basic interview questions, it is also good to prepare just in case.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2010.

Interview Details – Enter data in an e-recruit system that is glitchy and loses data and entire records. Recruiters call applicants to discuss job. They flatly refuse to share information on health coverage and do not tell the truth to employees entering that they will be pro forma started at the lowest wage on the rung of their class.

Negotiation Details – They basically tell you take it or leave it. For higher level workers who are actually valued, it may be different. For lass 23-25 employees, you are not allowed information on benefits and will not get a straight answer about how pay is accorded. Recruiters say take it or leave it. You interview with manager, then recruiter makes the offer.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Phone Interview. In person interview. At the in person interview, dress like you want the job. The interview will be based off a sheet of questions but expect curve balls. If your supervisor asks if you have questions, have questions. Most employees love their job and will tell you all you want to know.

Interview Question – If you're interviewer tries to start a conversation, go with it. Show them you can connect to a customer by connecting to them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – 1. Application
2. Online Assessment
3. Call from a recruiter
4. Phone Interview
5. Onsite interview
6. Background check and drug test

Interview Question – Questions were easy. Questions were like "tell me about a time a customer was unhappy and how did you deal with it?"   Answer Question

Interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview Details – they literally so pressed for time to hire for their new contract. they only did only one phone interview. i had no face to face interview. the phone interview was only a review of my resume.

Interview Question – none. we only reviewed my resume. it was a very basic interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation. they gave me the hourly pay i accepted. then i went through the clearance process.

Overland Park, KS

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – I got hired through a multi-step process which started at a job fair on site. I submitted an application and took a typing and attitude test. Then I had two interviews. A couple days later I had another interview and was hired. I started training the following week.

Interview Question – How well do you handle stress?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This position does not have very much room for negotiation, if you do not accept what they give they will find someone who will.

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2012.

Interview Details – first there was the online application after 1 week there was an email to take an online test pretty basic test just trying to find out what kind of person you are and prefrences for work environment, also test your WPM and ability to help a customer.

Interview Question – pretty classic interview process, the backround check is very intense so if you lie on your application they will find out, you can still edit and change it before you are hired, they verify education and every employer you list for attendance, salary and referral.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation i was gettin 14.42 per hour someone who applied at the same time as me with same experience but less previous job pay got 12.50 per hour..

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online the week of Thanksgiving then the following week was contacted by HR to see if I was still interested in the position. I was then set up for a phone interview that same week on Friday. The next week on Wednesday I was set up for a face to face interview with a hiring manager. I was offer the position the next day.

Interview Question – All the questions was behavioral based where they want to know the situation, action, and the outcome.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation! They let you know the starting pay before hand. I was offered more due to experience and education.

Green Bay, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – Kind of a long process, was told my class was full and offered a back up position in case someone dropped out of the class

Interview Question – Pretty straight forward   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – Very unpleasant not very interviewer was not on time and interviewer appeared to be in a bad mood.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at UnitedHealth Group

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!

UnitedHealth Group Videos

UnitedHealth Group – Why Work for Us?

We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UnitedHealth Group Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 37 interview reviews posted anonymously by UnitedHealth Group employees and interview candidates.