UnitedHealth Group

www.unitedhealthgroup.com

UnitedHealth Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Average Difficulty
44 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2014.

Interview Details – In the beginning, I was very excited about applying and interviewing for UnitedHealth Group. I felt my qualifications and experience would definitely be an asset to the company. My entire career is and have been focused on customer care and providing efficient service. I have over achieved in all of my corporate position and was thrilled to become a part of UnitedHealth Group and their Clients. To begin with, The application process was extremely long. You were asked to complete several behavioral questions as well as taking an online assessment of calls and selecting the response which best answers the customer concerns. I completed the application process and was contacted by a recruiter for UnitedHealth Group who completed another mini qualification interview.Once she determined I was a good candidate, I was scheduled for a video interview which requires you to answer another set of behavioral questions.Once that process was completed, I was contacted again by the same recruiter who said I passed the video interview, and would schedule me for a phone interview for the following day. The next day, I completed my interview and the recruiter was very impressed and wanted to schedule me for another phone interview with the hiring manager. He was unable to, but scheduled me for a face to face interview for the following day. He was very pleasant and seemed very excited to schedule me to come in. The interview process from this point was great until I was scheduled for the Face to Face interview. This is where I felt very disappointed with the Hiring process. When I arrived at UnitedHealth group, those who were scheduled for an interview were sat in a lobby area to wait for their respective interviewer.During that time, current employees were walking through the lobby and were very loud and seemed like a group of recent high school graduates(18-20). They were not very professional and even made some uncomfortable comments as they walked through the lobby. During the wait, several employees walked through and were not very professional.For example, One employee was rapping as he walked through the lobby. Another employees, was wearing flip flops as she left the building.This contradicted what a lot of what UnitedHealth Group claimed to be.
I was finally called for my interview and greeted by the manager who was late for my interview. Once we sat down, it was clear that the manager was not really prepared for the interview . I was asked a few of the same behavioral questions and answered them just as I did on the three prior interviews that I successfully completed. There was nothing difficult about the face to face interview. I was told that I would receive a call back in 3-5 days. The next day I received an email saying I did not get the position. I did not understand how I successfully passed and completed three interviews which were very in depth about my qualifications with the recruiter just a few days ago and did not pass a face to face interview which asked me the exact same questions I was asked before? I truly felt that the hiring manager was either intimidated by my qualifications or I did not fit the current trend & culture of that particular location.
Overall, I felt that once I came in for the face to face, the UnitedHealth Group managers there already made their decisions once they were able to see who I was. I did not feel that my experience or qualifications from that point on were looked into or had anything to do with getting the job offer. My time was also not valued as a candidate since my interviewer was late. Also, Usually by your second interview, you are very confident that you have landed the job. To have Four Interviews and go through an extremely long process to still get an email stating you were not selected seems a little inconsiderate.

Interview Question – All of the questions were behavioral questions and very easy   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. I then moved on to the assessment. After completing that I was contacted about a video interview. During this time I was given 3-4 on the screen and my answers were recorded. After that I had a phone interview. After the phone interview came the face to face interview. I received an offer and now I'm just waiting on the background check to clear.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to multitask and something went wrong. How was it corrected?   Answer Question

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2014.

Interview Details – Professional hiring process. They acknowledge your resume and provide you with updates. Had a phone interview which consisted of all behavioral interview questions - some difficult and some regular interview questions. Very professional recruiter conducted the interview - call on time, articulate, etc. Overall my experience left me with a good impression of this company, even though I didn't move on to an actual interview.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you witnessed someone doing something unethical and how you handled it.
Tell us about a time when someone on your team disappointed you.
  Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chico, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in March 2010.

Interview Details – Recruitment reached out initially to administer systems testing and ability to take calls and use information to update the system. Face to face interview with recruiter to show scenario based reactions and outcomes. Then face to face with manager to do the same but with more specifics needed. Through this process there were many opportunities to share past experiences and how those would make me a successful employee in this role.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to gather complex or ambiguous information to form a workable solution.   Answer Question

Minnetonka, MN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2014.

Interview Details – You can be overqualified for this position and never make it through the first ten questions on the application! Someone with HealthCare Clinical Experience, Call Center Experience, and over ten years of customer care experience can be looked over quickly. Why would a company committed to hiring the best at least take the time to review a candidate without a nonsensical mass-screening question?

Interview Question – Have you been at one of the past four jobs for over 12 months?   View Answers (2)

Minnetonka, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – The process was intense! I had to do an online assessment which was so hard I had to get paper and a calculator as well as phone a friend. I then did 2 phone screenings and 3 in person interviews. However, when I got my foot in the door, I was good to go! So many endless opportunities.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you experienced conflict in the workplace.
This one caught me off guard.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy and fast.

Greensboro, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and from there was sent a email for a video interview. Once I completed that a few days after I received a call for a phone interview. After the phone interview I interviewed on site and asked 4 questions the same that were asked over the phone

Interview Question – A situation that happen that was not connected but end up being connected. Something that I saw was unethical happen in the workplace by customer or employee   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process took about two weeks. From applying online, then an online assessment test once you pass that, you will then go to the company for another onsite assessment (a hint, just like the online assessment. Once you pass, you might actually get a face to face interview by the manager.

The manager who interviewed me, I was very disappointed, due to the fact she really didnt ask challenging questions, the interview also lasted 10 minutes. Then I was advised to wait in the lobby, the HR rep stated that the manager is very impressed and want me to come back for a 2nd interview. The HR rep stated if I have time right now, she can conduct one.

** One question is why UnitedHealth Group?
** What skills and qualities do you have that is better than others?
** Why should we hire you?

Interview Question – It was the basic interview questions, it is also good to prepare just in case.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2010.

Interview Details – Enter data in an e-recruit system that is glitchy and loses data and entire records. Recruiters call applicants to discuss job. They flatly refuse to share information on health coverage and do not tell the truth to employees entering that they will be pro forma started at the lowest wage on the rung of their class.

Negotiation Details – They basically tell you take it or leave it. For higher level workers who are actually valued, it may be different. For lass 23-25 employees, you are not allowed information on benefits and will not get a straight answer about how pay is accorded. Recruiters say take it or leave it. You interview with manager, then recruiter makes the offer.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – 1. Application
2. Online Assessment
3. Call from a recruiter
4. Phone Interview
5. Onsite interview
6. Background check and drug test

Interview Question – Questions were easy. Questions were like "tell me about a time a customer was unhappy and how did you deal with it?"   Answer Question

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!