Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at UnitedHealth Group
- Customer Service Representative (58)
- Software Engineer (25)
- Claims Representative (24)
- Customer Care Professional (23)
- Business Analyst (23)
- Customer Service (17)
- Project Manager (16)
- Senior Business Analyst (13)
- Associate Software Engineer (12)
- Senior Project Manager (12)
- Senior Software Engineer (12)
- Customer Service Advocate (12)
- Provider Phone Representative (11)
- Intern (11)
- Director (10)
- Analyst (9)
- IT Project Manager (9)
- RN Case Manager (8)
- Health Advisor (8)
- Clinical Administrative Coordinator (8)
- Senior Financial Analyst (7)
- Consultant (7)
- Claims Associate (6)
- Financial Analyst (6)
- Manager (6)
- Physician Advisor (6)
- Administrative Assistant (6)
- Senior Customer Service Representative (6)
- Senior Systems Analyst (5)
- Case Manager (5)
Customer Service Representative Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Las Vegas, NV).
Got called in a week, asked a couple ?s about the job, title, and pay and if you accept then they call you for a phone interview. Mines was set up the very next day, early. I had a person who couldn't speak English well, very hard to understand and I thought great, here goes my chances. First they go over your resume, tell them different circumstances about your jobs, any metrics and if so what was told about it, then about 5-6 behavioral questions "tell me a time" explaining in STAR format. Of course, the person I had didn't understand or keep up with whAt I was explaining. She kept pausing me and telling me to go back. Again, it was still hard to understAnd her. I knew I wasn't going to get it.
- If I understood her English:
Tell me a time you had a project or product that your team didn't agree to?
Tell me a time when you made a mistake and had to apologize for it?
Tell me a time when a customer called and it was difficult? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group
Customer Service Representative InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.
brief and unexpected; went in for one job and came out with another...thank goodness because the first was just offering ten dollars a hour. and licensed agents are seasonal then move to another account if available or get laid off
- are you sure you want this position Answer Question
Customer Service Representative InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Richardson, TX) in February 2015.
I applied online and was called by a recruiter first. I was asked and answered all the basic interview questions. She then proceeded to schedule me for a onsite interview for the following day. The interview went well and I was informed if selected I would be called by the hiring manager or the recruiter.
- Tell me a difficult problem with a client/customer and how did you resolve it? Answer Question
Customer Service Representative InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Maryland Heights, MO) in January 2015.
Applied on the 19th of Dec recvd.call on the 27th of Jan setup phone interview, had the interview discussed job history and behavioral questions she invited me to a face to face like in 2.days because the class was starting on feb 9 2015 on my interview she asked 4 behavioral I made sure tht my answers were related to thr mission statement so my answers were more empathetic and being compassionate whn related to customers interviewer sd she loved my answers and wld.make sure she hurried up to pass on well anyways thy finally called.me on Feb 4th and been sending me emails so tht I can setup drug test and.bkgrnd chk. I forgot tht I did the typing.tests bk in dec as.well
- Behavioral Answer Question
Customer Service Representative InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Kansas City, MO).
up until the second phone interview i felt they are encouraging and fair and i had good hopes about them as an employer. the initial tests were easy for me because i have long term experience in healthcare insurance. the second Interview changed all that and frankly it was downright awful.
- the interviewer was much too nosy about my ex employer trying to get me to trash talk why i was applying to them and they had sent the job salary too, yes it was a decrease but it became almost accusatory and very unsettling when he wouldn't let that go either, after that i felt he was at best rude. the situation questions i felt were a waste of my time because i already answered similar on the initial test. needless to say i wasn't too surprised when i received my blow off email that i didn't get the job, a job i could do in my sleep. i wouldn't waste my time applying here again and i feel that their interviewer should be fired for how he treats potential job candidates. 1 Answer
Customer Service Representative InterviewAccepted OfferAverage InterviewAccepted OfferAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.
Phone screening with a recruiter first. Then you take a onsite timed analytical test on the computer. If you are not wired for this type of test you may find it difficult. Results are immediate then if you pass you wait to find out if your hired contingent on background & drug screen.
- How do you handle multiple projects due around the same time? Answer Question
None offered a set pay rate. More like take or leave it. This would apply for potential employees applying from the outside.
Customer Service Representative InterviewDeclined OfferAverage InterviewDeclined OfferAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Pasadena, CA) in December 2014.
Online interview wants me to commit to a position. They offer a salary of $25 an hour as well as benefits. I'm just not sure how much work is involved.
- Do you have online experience? Have you ever worked from home? What are your goals for the future? Why do you think you are a good fit for this company? Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
I told them I cannot commit to the offer as of yet. I'm going to need some time to think about it.
Customer Service Representative InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.
Online assessment.Phone interview. Face-to-face. Now waiting for a phone to see if I got the job or not. Very easy. The hiring manager was super easy going and made me feel comfortable.
- Name a time where you went out of your way to help a customer. Answer Question
Customer Service Representative InterviewAccepted OfferAccepted Offer
A recruiter emailed me to discuss the job and the pay and when the training class starts. I was asked to fill out some paper work and email the signed paper work back to them. After that they said they were going to call me if they want to further the process.
Customer Service Representative InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceNo OfferNegative Experience
The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.
I applied on line. Took the assessment. Four days later I got a call from recruiter, they left a voicemail calling about my application. I called back, got recruiter's vm saying they would call me back in order my call was received, this was their busiest time of year. About a week and a half later got call back from recruiter. They went over what the job responsibilities entailed, training dates, schedule, pay. Asked if I was ok with all of it. I said I was. Scheduled for a phone interview with a recruiter the following week, said it would be an hour going over my resume. Recruiter asked behavior ?'s. There was a fire drill 1/2 way thru my interview. Rec called me back. Got e-mail next day saying I didn't get the job. I believe my last job salary precluded me (it was twice the offer from uhg.)
- Tell me about a time you had an irate customer. How did you handle them and turn them around? 1 Answer
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review