UnitedHealth Group

3.2

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Claim Appeals Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter the next day. She basically told me about the job specifics and asked a few questions regarding the job qualifications. Afterwards, she gave me the option to do either a phone interview or a digital interview.

I chose to do the digital interview, which basically was a one-way video interview where they asked me 4 different questions. At the start of each question, they give you 30 seconds to prepare your answer and then it starts recording you for up to 3 minutes. They let you practice with practice questions beforehand to get you used to the process. You can do the digital interview on your own time, which was convenient. You just have to complete it within 48 hours.

The next day, I was contacted by the same recruiter who said I passed the digital interview and wanted to schedule a brief phone interview with another recruiter. This interview is fairly simple. They ask you about the different positions that you have held within the last 7 years... How much you were making, your primary responsibilities, etc. If they feel you are qualified, they will call you back to schedule a face to face interview with the hiring manager. The recruiter ended up calling me 2 hours after I finished the phone interview to schedule my face to face for the following Monday.

I went to the office building for my face to face interview. Be sure to arrive at least 15 minutes early, dress professionally, bring copies of your resume and make sure you ask for the hiring manager by name! I had my interview, which was also fairly simple. The hiring manager went over the job specifics again, what was expected, and then asked me a few questions such as why I wanted to work there, what my career aspirations are, etc. At the end of the interview, I asked him a few questions. Be sure to have your questions prepared beforehand. Do your research on UHG and ask intelligent questions! He told me he thought I was a good fit and said that he would talk to the recruiter regarding his feedback. I was told to expect something within the next week or so.

Two days later, I got a phone call offering me the job! I am currently awaiting the background check and drug test. Overall, it was a very good experience! Very professional, efficient and easy. Recruiters were very helpful in the process and made it an overall pleasant experience. Good luck!!!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you made a mistake and had to apologize to someone.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you experienced someone else doing something unethical.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2014.

Online video recording process for question and answers. No actual human interaction. Five questions came up on the screen one at a time, was given 45 seconds to prep after the question came up on the screen and then three minutes to record my response for each question. Questions were all fairly simple and straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a specific time when you were given a task to accomplish with little or no direction.   Answer Question

Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

After applying for the position online I interviewed with Amber Naylor at the Cypress CA office. She called me and made me feel like I was truly wanted as part of the team. She worked with me on the interview appointment as I was already employed with another company at the time. She was kind, caring and professional. She asked me about my relevant experience and several other qualifying questions. Very typical one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    Set and non-negotiable starting rate. Accept or not.

Prior Authorization; Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2013.

Take an online assessment while applying. The results of a passing score will allow candidate to set up the next on-site assessment to be taken. My scores passes at that time, the recruiter setup another interview wit me to be interviewing for the position. For me, I had last minute emergency and was not able to finish my hire up to here.

Interview Questions
    • Through my experiences, the only questions I was asked were from the online assessment and on-site assessment, they were easy and these tests the candidate's ability to properly perform well for the intended hiring position.   View Answer

Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in July 2012.

I created a profile on the website and was contacted after a while from their talent department. The person calls to schedule an interview over the phone and sends you an email of what the job expectations are. They call you and ask you questions about your past job experience and you have to try to make it apply to the job you're applying for. You also need to include information from the expectations that they email you. The phone interview is the worst part. You get an email about two weeks later stating wether you will be considered or not. If you are contacted a few weeks later it will be for an in person interview. They have interview tips on their website and they send you tips for a reason. In the interview you will come at the same time as a bunch of other people but you already have a specified interviewer. You get asked four scenario questions and you are graded anywhere from "Don't ask" to "Outstanding". Ask a few questions, it helps, big time. After the scenario interview you will take a computerized exam depending on which job you're going for and they will contact you in some weeks. If you get a job offer you go through a background process and drug screen and the rest is history.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't a question it was the computer test where you had to act as if you were actually on the phone with four different customers/patients.   View Answer
    I didn't have to negotiate. I got more than I asked for.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2011.

Application done online and in most cases you will take a personality profile questionnaire following the actual application. You must do it, if you don't or you don't complete it in one sitting you won't move on to the next stage. It takes about :30 - :45 min if you stop in the middle you will not pass the test. If you pass the test HR will look at the app and schedule an interview. The urgency as well as the volume of applications will determine how long you will wait for the call. It can be a day, week, or month. You may have a phone interview to get basic info about you and provide you more details about the company and work schedules. If interested you will be brought in for an in person with HR. Maybe take another online test. Based on results and urgency you may be scheduled for 1 or 2 leadership interviews. They will ask you to prepare a presentation on a topic and present it to a group. The presentation may be done on the web. Ask about travel requirements many trainers travel 40+% of the time and are not allowed to come home but once every 2 or 3 weeks. Also limited to $40 a day which in many cities won't get much. Be prepared to be low balled, salary is the only thing they will negotiate on although they won't budge much.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are targeted selection. "Explain a time when you ......" (had to work with a difficult coworker, saw someone not providing good customer service, etc)   Answer Question

After 60 days (30 after the last interview)I finally got the call and was a Low ball offer, told them it really wasn't enough and I would need to think about it. Called them back the next morning after looking at finances and comparable jobs. Told them it wasn't sufficient and declined the offer. They called back 2 weeks later offering a little more, but still way too low for a salaried position. When they did call back with a decent offer I was already working for another company. they started off with a decent offer so there was no back and forth. Then a manager called asking about when I was starting.....

Human Capital Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2011.

The position was with one of the BU's OptumRx. The company is very organized and communicative. They email and call to verify availiability for interviews.
    1. Recuiter phone screen
    2. Hiring Manager phone interview
    3. F2F interview with hiring manager & peer manager
    4. Phone interview with positional peer
    5. F2F/panel with internal client group
    6. Phone interview w/ VP of HR - Hiring Manager's boss

I made it all the way to the VP interview, then silence for 2 weeks, until I received an automated email indicating I was no longer being considered for the position. All indications were if you make it to the VP, a job offer was pending.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2011.

It was set up through a recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult. The person interviewing was focused on remembering trivial details that never should be memorized in the first place and not on whether the candidate understands the technology.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2011.

1st Interview, phone - HR general questions to make sure you have the - high level skills to meet job description, salary expectations and travel reqs
    2nd Interview, phone - high level manager - technical and personality questions
    3rd Interview, subordinate - more day to day activities to see how you would deal with working day
    Finally, drug and background checks done by 3rd party

Interview Questions
    • How I would deal with team members not doing their job efficiently   View Answer
    No negotiation

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2009.

Couple of interviews with director and Sr. Director. This was followed by an interview with the VP. Good follow through by the hiring manager. Since there are several different groups the processes can differ widely.

Negotiation practice was not very good. Recruiters took their own time and were not knowledgeable. Get everything in writing as verbal commitment were not accurate.