UnitedHealth Group

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Minnetonka, MN

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted application through UHG (Unitedhealth Group) website. Contacted by recruiter. All interviews, except a final screening were done over the telephone. Hiring process was extended because they wanted to ensure that there was a consulting engagement available before being hired. This is certainly fine, but I was not told what the delay was about.

Interview Question – Interview questions were very basic. "Do you have experience doing X?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was focused more on start date. There was no signing bonus offered. Salary offer was based on my expressed expectation prior to the offer.

Minnetonka, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2009.

Interview Details – Contacted by internal HR recruiter who setup the formal interview process. Met with VP and two potential coworker. Straight forward questions and non-adversarial environment.
I was an internal referral so it was a shortened process.
Fair and up front, open minded group that was not looking to "grill" a candidate in order to look good to peers.

Interview Question – None. I liked "Where do you see healthcare going in the next five to ten years?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – All handled through the recruiter. They accepted my counter offer.

Very Easy Interview

New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – Mostly phone interviews. Met hiring manager and got job offer 2 weeks later. It was basically a series of 1:1 phone interviews since the company employees are all home-based. All total it was 5 phone interviews and the final interview in person with hiring manager. The process took about 3 months from when I was contacted by the recruiter to when I accepted the position.

Interview Question – Very strange that I did not get "unexpected" questions. Easiest interview process I have experienced. Mostly conversational.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate sign on bonus and equity to match what I was giving up on prior employer

Interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview Details – The pre-interview process went very smoothly. I was asked to a do a series of phone interviews and this was a little disorganized - a few missed connections. I finally connected with all the right people, and was ultimately brought in for an in person interview. Then.... job put on hold. I received another job offer from a different company shortly after and let them know I was no longer available.

Interview Question – Not really most difficult but the job required a re-lo and I was asked a number of questions to confirm my interest in moving to the area.   Answer Question

Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2011.

Interview Details – employee referral process was different than applying from the outside

Interview Question – no question was difficult or unexpected   View Answer

Negotiation Details – open to negotiation. network with existing employees to gauge salary ranges

Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2009.

Interview Details – This process went smoothly took a bit longer as they were still getting role approved

Interview Question – Given the scenario of the issues we face what would be the first actions you take week 1   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They came in above my current base and it was above even my expectation

Director

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in July 2009.

Interview Details – Initial screening by HR
1:1 with hiring manager, three times
2 phone interviews with potential colleagues in the organization
HR called to tell me I didn't get job

Interview Question – How do I know you really want this job and will be around for the long run?   Answer Question

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!