UnitedHealth Group Director Interview Questions

2.6

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Pretty straight forward - Two phone screens with a recruiter and HR. Met with the hiring executive along with two other department colleagues. The whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• Your experiences that would best contribute into the organization?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Well planned interview cycle, but a little on the overdone side. Felt like interviewers were just working a behavioral based question template provided by Human Capital, which took up all of the scheduled time so no opportunity to talk about the actual job requirements/description. 4 formal interviews totalling approx. 4+ hours. All by phone. Entire cycle took 30 days/1 month to complete.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

The process of hiring at UHG is very efficient. The recruiters work hard to bring talent in the organization in a timely manner. You're more likely to go through a phone interview with a recruiter first and then with the hiring manager. The process is structured, but is pretty informal and intuitive. This worked for me.

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate for a long time, the job sounded exciting and i was offered the top of my range right away.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (New Brunswick, NJ) in October 2011.

Interview

Mostly phone interviews. Met hiring manager and got job offer 2 weeks later. It was basically a series of 1:1 phone interviews since the company employees are all home-based. All total it was 5 phone interviews and the final interview in person with hiring manager. The process took about 3 months from when I was contacted by the recruiter to when I accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• Very strange that I did not get "unexpected" questions. Easiest interview process I have experienced. Mostly conversational.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate sign on bonus and equity to match what I was giving up on prior employer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minnetonka, MN) in October 2009.

Interview

Submitted application through UHG (Unitedhealth Group) website. Contacted by recruiter. All interviews, except a final screening were done over the telephone. Hiring process was extended because they wanted to ensure that there was a consulting engagement available before being hired. This is certainly fine, but I was not told what the delay was about.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were very basic. "Do you have experience doing X?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was focused more on start date. There was no signing bonus offered. Salary offer was based on my expressed expectation prior to the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minnetonka, MN) in May 2009.

Interview

Contacted by internal HR recruiter who setup the formal interview process. Met with VP and two potential coworker. Straight forward questions and non-adversarial environment. I was an internal referral so it was a shortened process. Fair and up front, open minded group that was not looking to "grill" a candidate in order to look good to peers.

Interview Questions

• None. I liked "Where do you see healthcare going in the next five to ten years?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

All handled through the recruiter. They accepted my counter offer.

Director Interview

Interview

The pre-interview process went very smoothly. I was asked to a do a series of phone interviews and this was a little disorganized - a few missed connections. I finally connected with all the right people, and was ultimately brought in for an in person interview. Then.... job put on hold. I received another job offer from a different company shortly after and let them know I was no longer available.

Interview Questions

• Not really most difficult but the job required a re-lo and I was asked a number of questions to confirm my interest in moving to the area.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2011.

Interview

employee referral process was different than applying from the outside

Interview Questions

• no question was difficult or unexpected   1 Answer

Negotiation

open to negotiation. network with existing employees to gauge salary ranges

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in July 2009.

Interview

Initial screening by HR 1:1 with hiring manager, three times 2 phone interviews with potential colleagues in the organization HR called to tell me I didn't get job

Interview Questions

• How do I know you really want this job and will be around for the long run?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2009.

Interview

This process went smoothly took a bit longer as they were still getting role approved

Interview Questions

• Given the scenario of the issues we face what would be the first actions you take week 1   Answer Question

Negotiation

They came in above my current base and it was above even my expectation