UnitedHealth Group

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Enterprise Architect Interview

Hartford, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in February 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview then face-to-face interview. Entire process took 3-4 weeks.

TDP Intern Interview

Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through my college's careers website. The first round was just a 30 minute behavioral interview. About a week later I was invited for a second round at UHG's office in Hartford, CT. The second round was a super-day from 9am to 4pm. There were two 2 on 1 interviews and a bunch of presentations about the company and the TDP program.

Interview Question – The questions were standard behavioral interview questions. No curveballs.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Hartford, CT

I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewing with the hiring manager and his/her peers was uneventful and standard.
Where UNH fell down was with the recruiter. She was very disorganized and not informative or responsive.
Also, in my observations. requisitions are left open on internet job sites when positions have long since been filled, creating confusion and unnecessary work for applicants.

Interview Question – Interviews included the usual behavioral and technical questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The recruiting process and lack of organization sent a bad message to me about the company.

Senior Operating Systems Analyst Interview

Hartford, CT

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – UHG uses resumes screening software that searches for descriptors that match the job description. Then a "recruiter" takes a 2nd look before either discarding the resume or calling the applicant to ask questions [I found the recruiter to be less-than-knowledgeable]. I had 3 in-person interviews before finally getting hired.

Interview Question – Surprisingly, there were no 'gotcha' questions. It appeared that they were just going thru the motions to satisfy the 'policies, processes & procedures' spelled out by management.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was unemployed at the time. They made a reasonable offer that I readily accepted.

Summer Intern Within Technology Development Program Interview

Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was first invited to a 45 minute, on campus interview at UConn. After getting past the first interview, I was promptly contacted 2 days later and invited to the Hartford, CT office for a second round of interviews in 3 weeks. The in-house interviews are an all day process where you begin the day with a presentation about the company and its values, and then given a tour of the office and surrounding areas. Subsequently, you have your first one hour interview, and are then taken to lunch; I was impressed that they took us out to an upscale restaurant in the area. After lunch, you are escorted to your second one hour interview, and end the day with a panel discussion led by current Technology Development Program members. Overall, the in-house interviews test your ability to network and socialize with the employees. During lunch, don't just sit there in silence. Try to strike up a casual conversation with the interviewers; I talked with one interviewer about UConn basketball for about 10 minutes. Just as well, when the floor is opened for questions during a presentation, make sure to ask them something about the company to demonstrate interest. My best advice is to turn the interview into a friendly conversation with 2 way dialogue.

After the in-house interviews, I was told that I would hear back from them in 2 days. Well, 2 days went by and I heard nothing. Today, however, one week after my interview, I received a call from a recruiter in Minnesota telling me I was offered the position.

Interview Question – The interview consists mainly of behavioral questions. Some include: "Tell me about a time when you had difficulty getting along with a team member," "What is your biggest accomplishment on the job?" and "What type of skills does the ideal candidate need for this position?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This is an internship position, so there is not really room for negotiation. However, UnitedHealth Group's offer was more generous than other insurance companies in the area.

Intern Interview

Intern
Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of two rounds of interviews. The application process was simply a resume drop through my school's career services. You were only asked to fill out the online application if you made it to the second round interview which was nice. The first round interview consisted of one 30-minute behavioral interview. The second round consisted of a superday with two behavioral interviews and lunch. I had two interviewers for each of the three interviews. The interviewers were all extremely nice. I got my offer within a week of the second round.

Interview Question – All of the interviews were general behavioral questions and there was no specific "difficult" or "unexpected" question. The interview was a very fair process.   Answer Question

Senior Operating Systems Analyst Interview

Hartford, CT

Interview Details – Submitted numerous applications, then finally got a telephone interview. At the end of the interview I was told I was not fully qualified but my application was passed to the hiring manager regardless. I then had 2 in-person interviews with a Project Manager and a Technical Lead, then a 3rd interview with the hiring manager and HIS manager which lasted 10 minutes.

Interview Question – I do not recall since it was several years ago.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Hartford, CT

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in March 2011.

Interview Details – This interview was fantastic. One of the most impressive interviews I have ever been on. I had a total of 4 interviews during the process and every person I spoke to was friendlier than the next. There is an energy about the company that is unmatched by their rivals, who I have also interviewed with. A lot of dedication to the organizations goals. I have nothing but good things to say about the process.

Interview Question – Describe an instance where you had to be a follower rather than a leader.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Hartford, CT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in December 2007.

Interview Details – They were painfully slow and did not communicate well at all. They are the worst employer in the nation. They were late by 2 weeks in scheduling the second interview. They keep you in the dark and you really have to push them hard to move forward.
My only advise is that don't work for them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The negotiation went pretty well. The HR person was good. They gave me the right amount of salary that I desired. So no complaints there.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!

UnitedHealth Group Videos

UnitedHealth Group – Why Work for Us?

We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UnitedHealth Group interview questions and advice in Hartford, CT. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by UnitedHealth Group employees and interview candidates.