UnitedHealth Group Health Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

2.9

Health Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Had an employee referral and then applied online. Was sent an email to complete a digital interview. Felt that it went well, easy questions and I was comfortable doing it. Next got an email to do a phone interview with a recruiter. Set up appointment for the next day. Call went well (or so I thought), recruiter said they would send my information on to the hiring manager and that they would call me that afternoon or the next day. Never heard from anyone again. Called the recruiter to follow up and no return call. Found out I was rejected by logging into my online profile.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to make a decision without a lot of information.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Health Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Behavioral Questions, very straight forward. After I applied, I was sent an online assessment to test my computer skills. I then had an interview with a recruiter, all the questions were very simple and all customer service oriented. I was passed onto another round of interviews right away with a supervisor. She asked some harder questions, but still all behavioral based on customer service. Some were on how I would handle conflict.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you do when you can not help someone?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Sugar Land, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Completed online application Monday night, phone interview with recruter Tuesday afternoon. Invited for in person interview with another recruter and final interview with hiring manager on Friday. Offer made on my way home from interview.

Health Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

There is an interview with a recruiter and then another with 2 supervisors during both interviews I was asked the exact same questions. Also, when interviewing for another position internally I was also asked the exact same interview questions.

Interview Questions

• They always ask for very specific and detailed examples with your answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Kingston, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

cold reception area. Brought into what felt like an interrogation room. Answered a serious of questions like a beauty pageant contestant. dead silence while my answers were written down. Led to believe great benefits and relaxed atmosphere. Was not advised I had to give blood and get weighed for my magic discount for atrocious health insurance. outsourced HR company chased me down on phone constantly about my 50 page background check and then called to tell me my start date was next day.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you could change the world   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Green Bay, WI) in November 2013.

Interview

The Hiring process started with an online assessment, two phone interviews and then a 2:1 Interview with a Hiring Manager.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the hiring process would have to be the online assessment before the interviews. The assessment is basically like a call center simulator where you take calls and answer the questions based off of the SOP's provided.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really isn't any negotiation in regards to pay. They will give you the pay range and your starting pay will fall between the two figures and it's basically take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Greensboro, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

Feels like being recruited by the FBI. My app was rejected twice then I was selected for phone interview. From there went to site to do online assessment and next 2nd phone interview. Finally a interview with the Training Director and offer a few days later. They were straightforward with the salary amount of $14.90/hr. They sold the possibility of bonuses as well.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to give situational examples of when I showed initiative, caring, concern, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Kingston, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied online despite all of the negative reviews. The next day I was sent an email to set up a skill test appointment on-site. Sat in a class full of people taking the same skill test, right when I finished I was offered a phone interview for later that day with the recruiter. After the phone interview I was told to come back the next morning for a 1:1 interview. I was told to dress business formal. I went to the interview which was with 1 supervisor and 1 manager, and felt that it went very well. It was a lot of "tell me about a time you had to......" and you had to give real life answers. They told me within 24 hours I would get a call telling me whether or not I got the job (contingent on background check and drug test). That was a Friday so I had to wait until Monday, when I received a call asking if I would accept the offer contingent on testing, and received emails with the job description and annual salary. The following day I received the email telling me to get the drug test and background check. After I was finished with that, I received a phone call a couple days later telling me to be to work at 7:45 on my start date to start training (which is a 4 month class!!) So far I love it, it's got a great starting salary and great associates!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to help someone when you were at work.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a very angry or upset customer and what did you do to help them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating needed as the starting salary was great and there's no other place around here hiring at that rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Kingston, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

Supervisor who was new himself, asked questions from a list, asking if we are okay working from 8 am to 8 pm m-f, requiremenst are and how well we decorate a cubicle ( NOT kidding) Soft skills are prized in UHC. The cuture is Teamplayer or get out. They do not ask about past experience but do ask your supervisor about your numbers. it's all about the numbers, how you meet them, call quality ,member feedback, but nothing on how you bring past skills to the company.

Interview Questions

• We like to have "fun" at work. Would you be willing to paint your hair a wild color as a team player?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (San Diego, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

You will be asked how comfortable you are in working long hours and being called at the last minute to tend to an event. They expect to work you to the point of actually developing poor health or a mental breakdown so good luck.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable, in fact the positions are slowly being eliminated. As employees depart through their own account or are forced out, through wrongful termination, they are not looking to fill new slots because they have a new goal of hiring primarily independent brokers who they can exploit for free. And any new employees will be offered a drastically reduced salary of 12K per year plus a PM/PM commission on new members they enroll. This won't mean much if Healthcare Reform happens and you loose all of those members to a cheaper government option.