UnitedHealth Group Health Advisor Interview Questions & Reviews

3.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Green Bay, WI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2013.

The Hiring process started with an online assessment, two phone interviews and then a 2:1 Interview with a Hiring Manager.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult part of the hiring process would have to be the online assessment before the interviews. The assessment is basically like a call center simulator where you take calls and answer the questions based off of the SOP's provided.   View Answer
There really isn't any negotiation in regards to pay. They will give you the pay range and your starting pay will fall between the two figures and it's basically take it or leave it.

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I interviewed online - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2012.

Feels like being recruited by the FBI. My app was rejected twice then I was selected for phone interview. From there went to site to do online assessment and next 2nd phone interview. Finally a interview with the Training Director and offer a few days later. They were straightforward with the salary amount of $14.90/hr. They sold the possibility of bonuses as well.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to give situational examples of when I showed initiative, caring, concern, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kingston, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in December 2011.

I applied online despite all of the negative reviews. The next day I was sent an email to set up a skill test appointment on-site. Sat in a class full of people taking the same skill test, right when I finished I was offered a phone interview for later that day with the recruiter. After the phone interview I was told to come back the next morning for a 1:1 interview. I was told to dress business formal. I went to the interview which was with 1 supervisor and 1 manager, and felt that it went very well. It was a lot of "tell me about a time you had to......" and you had to give real life answers. They told me within 24 hours I would get a call telling me whether or not I got the job (contingent on background check and drug test). That was a Friday so I had to wait until Monday, when I received a call asking if I would accept the offer contingent on testing, and received emails with the job description and annual salary. The following day I received the email telling me to get the drug test and background check. After I was finished with that, I received a phone call a couple days later telling me to be to work at 7:45 on my start date to start training (which is a 4 month class!!) So far I love it, it's got a great starting salary and great associates!!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to help someone when you were at work.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a very angry or upset customer and what did you do to help them?   Answer Question
    No negotiating needed as the starting salary was great and there's no other place around here hiring at that rate.

Anonymous Employee  in  Kingston, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Kingston, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2010.

Supervisor who was new himself, asked questions from a list, asking if we are okay working from 8 am to 8 pm m-f, requiremenst are and how well we decorate a cubicle ( NOT kidding) Soft skills are prized in UHC. The cuture is Teamplayer or get out. They do not ask about past experience but do ask your supervisor about your numbers. it's all about the numbers, how you meet them, call quality ,member feedback, but nothing on how you bring past skills to the company.

Interview Questions
    • We like to have "fun" at work. Would you be willing to paint your hair a wild color as a team player?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2009.

You will be asked how comfortable you are in working long hours and being called at the last minute to tend to an event. They expect to work you to the point of actually developing poor health or a mental breakdown so good luck.

Interview Questions
    Non-negotiable, in fact the positions are slowly being eliminated. As employees depart through their own account or are forced out, through wrongful termination, they are not looking to fill new slots because they have a new goal of hiring primarily independent brokers who they can exploit for free. And any new employees will be offered a drastically reduced salary of 12K per year plus a PM/PM commission on new members they enroll. This won't mean much if Healthcare Reform happens and you loose all of those members to a cheaper government option.

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!