UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Sugar Land, TX).

Interview

Process took about 1 month and a half . I took the online assessment and 2 days after , got a call from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview . The phone interview consisted of questions regarding work history as well as behavioral questions . There were also questions regarding if there were any metrics you had to reach in each of the jobs you've had . After the end of the phone interview , the recruiter scheduled me for a face to face interview the next day. That interview was a lot less stressful since the interviewer was very calm and nice . He went over the company's values and also what the duties are for the position as well as a couple of behavioral questions . He said that the hiring process is quicker now so I should hear a response back by the end of the week. Sure enough, I got a call from a recruiter giving me a conditional offer meaning that I would have to pass the background screening as well as the drug testing to finally be an employee . I accepted and they sent me 2 links ; one of them to update my profile and consent to have my background check and the other detailing the offer as well as other policies of the company . 2 days later , I received 2 emails for the drug screening and it gives you 2 business days to complete it .

Interview Questions

• Has there ever been any negativity in your work? Describe a difficult time you had with a customer and how you fixed it . how do you deal with a coworker who's not performing as efficiently as you? Name a time when accuracy was crucial.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Sugar Land, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Their interview process was three parts and was very tedious and time consuming. The first was answering behavioral questions on line. Upon advancing, the next consisted of a lengthy phone interview with more behavioral questions. I then advanced to the face to face interview in which the hiring manager read from about four pages of information and then obtained my signature. Once again he asked more behavioral questions. This entire process took about a week.

Interview Questions

• Think about a time when at your job, you became emotional. What did you do to get through it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Houston, TX).

Interview

very smooth and helpful, four or five managers ask you different types of questions, they are very friends and welcoming. ask you about how proficient you are with Microsoft word

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Sugar Land, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The interviews went great. The questions were thorough and the interviewers knowledgeable. I felt very qualified for the position and was left with the impression I was a favored candidate. After the second interview which as just as positive as the first, I never heard anything again. I followed up with the interviewers and the hiring manager but never received a decision or feedback.

Interview Questions

• How important is follow up to you in the sense of responding to emails?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Sugar Land, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The entire process from application to final notification took approximately 3 weeks. It began with the application, computer generated assessment questions, over-the-phone interview with a recruiter (out of Philippines), final face to face interview with someone at the Sugarland Office (it wasn't the person I was set-up to meet). Once the people came into the process, it felt rather unprofessional in their handling. The scheduler also from (Philippines) told me to be prepared for a 13 week training. The phone interview recruiter told me it was a 10 week training. The face to face interviewer said it was an 8 week interview (the website video says it's a 14 week training). For my last interview, they initially scheduled it for Thursday and called me up around 6 PM on Wednesday to reschedule the interview to Friday. On the day of the interview, I got to the location and found no a sign saying "Gone to Lunch" (but waiting room was open) waiting for me. I sat there till my interview time. 5 minutes later, no one came and so I called and got voicemail. About 10 minutes later, the receptionist returned from lunch and asked me who I was waiting for and when she heard the name of the person I was to see, she drew a blank. Waited another 20 minutes before a guy showed up and said he'd interview me. Interview process was simple and consisted of who are you, why do you want to work here and behavioral questions. (The interviewer got out of the office in between and went to talk to someone else. I got the feeling that this was a sham interview all along)

Interview Questions

• How did I control my emotions while handling a stressful situation at work.? How did I resolve something which required accuracy at what I did? Was there any metrics at my last employment and how did I rate it? How will you handle a situation where a customer asks you to do something dishonest? What will you do if a co-worker tells you that he does not understand his job>   Answer Question

Clinical Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Sugar Land, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was simple, first a phone interview, then face to face, and lastly you are offered a position. once that is done they will make you an offer. They normally offer you less money then what is posted on the jobs site or what you are told the salary starts at and you can negotiate with them however they are pretty bent on their offer. I was offered two different salaries and declined them both.

Interview Questions

• the questions are concerning behavior, how you react under pressure, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Sugar Land, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Process took 6 long weeks. Applied May 15. Took a behavior test after completed app. Two weeks after that, got a email for a phone interview. Was scheduled a second interview onsite the following week. And just got an offer June 29, 2015.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you had deal with difficult customer? And what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Sugar Land, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Very unorganized. Interviewer never showed up for work. It took over half an hour before someone acknowledged that I was still waiting to be assisted. I sat for another 20 minutes before another recruiter offered to reschedule the interview. No explanation was ever given as to what happened with the 1st recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Did not get interviewed; so cannot answer this question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Sugar Land, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online at indeed.com received a email to take an assessment, I had to take it within 48 or 72hrs can't really remember which one it was. Took the assessment and then received a email stating that I was still in the running for the job. A few days later I received a email stating that they had been trying to contact me by phone and must have the wrong number. (I forgot to update my contact info on my resume)... I emailed the Young lady back with my updated phone number and received a call 45 min later asking to set up a over the phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiter that I spoke with was really nice and very specific. He went over the job with me and also I told him things about myself . It took no More than 30 min. At the end of the call he told me he would be sending my information over to his hiring manager and they would contact me. I receives a phone call the same day inviting me to do a in person interview with the managers. I set it up for a Thursday, the supervisor that interview me was warm hearted and made me feel welcomed. She asked me three behavioral questions and told me about the job. At the end of the interview she said she would be forwarding her recommendations over to her manager and I would hear something shortly. The next day I received a phone call from UHG saying that I got the job as a back up because the class was too full. I accepted it, also he said I would be making way more than I was told the first time. Well I went online to submit the information for my background and like two days later I had to schedule for my drug test. After all my information came back I received a call from a recruiter asking if I wanted to start in the hiring class and not be a back up. I accepted and start 03-02-2015.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time there was a barrier between You and the customer and You resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Health Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Sugar Land, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Completed online application Monday night, phone interview with recruter Tuesday afternoon. Invited for in person interview with another recruter and final interview with hiring manager on Friday. Offer made on my way home from interview.