UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions in Houston, TX

3.1

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2014.

In the beginning, I was very excited about applying and interviewing for UnitedHealth Group. I felt my qualifications and experience would definitely be an asset to the company. My entire career is and have been focused on customer care and providing efficient service. I have over achieved in all of my corporate position and was thrilled to become a part of UnitedHealth Group and their Clients. To begin with, The application process was extremely long. You were asked to complete several behavioral questions as well as taking an online assessment of calls and selecting the response which best answers the customer concerns. I completed the application process and was contacted by a recruiter for UnitedHealth Group who completed another mini qualification interview.Once she determined I was a good candidate, I was scheduled for a video interview which requires you to answer another set of behavioral questions.Once that process was completed, I was contacted again by the same recruiter who said I passed the video interview, and would schedule me for a phone interview for the following day. The next day, I completed my interview and the recruiter was very impressed and wanted to schedule me for another phone interview with the hiring manager. He was unable to, but scheduled me for a face to face interview for the following day. He was very pleasant and seemed very excited to schedule me to come in. The interview process from this point was great until I was scheduled for the Face to Face interview. This is where I felt very disappointed with the Hiring process. When I arrived at UnitedHealth group, those who were scheduled for an interview were sat in a lobby area to wait for their respective interviewer.During that time, current employees were walking through the lobby and were very loud and seemed like a group of recent high school graduates(18-20). They were not very professional and even made some uncomfortable comments as they walked through the lobby. During the wait, several employees walked through and were not very professional.For example, One employee was rapping as he walked through the lobby. Another employees, was wearing flip flops as she left the building.This contradicted what a lot of what UnitedHealth Group claimed to be.
    I was finally called for my interview and greeted by the manager who was late for my interview. Once we sat down, it was clear that the manager was not really prepared for the interview . I was asked a few of the same behavioral questions and answered them just as I did on the three prior interviews that I successfully completed. There was nothing difficult about the face to face interview. I was told that I would receive a call back in 3-5 days. The next day I received an email saying I did not get the position. I did not understand how I successfully passed and completed three interviews which were very in depth about my qualifications with the recruiter just a few days ago and did not pass a face to face interview which asked me the exact same questions I was asked before? I truly felt that the hiring manager was either intimidated by my qualifications or I did not fit the current trend & culture of that particular location.
    Overall, I felt that once I came in for the face to face, the UnitedHealth Group managers there already made their decisions once they were able to see who I was. I did not feel that my experience or qualifications from that point on were looked into or had anything to do with getting the job offer. My time was also not valued as a candidate since my interviewer was late. Also, Usually by your second interview, you are very confident that you have landed the job. To have Four Interviews and go through an extremely long process to still get an email stating you were not selected seems a little inconsiderate.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were behavioral questions and very easy   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2013.

When through a rigorous interview process (4 interview). I had to conduct a presentation as well. It seemed that the interview panel was ill-prepared in reviewing my resume and it appeared they were looking for someone to clean house. So, I guess I did not meet expectations and was not offered the job. I think it would have been a great company to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Have you terminated someone before? This is a common question and yes I have; however there is a protocol and I don't think they have a particular standard to follow. It could be that have new departments and businesses merging.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2013.

Just applied online and got interview

Interview Questions
    • None really the first part of the interview is a typing test and math test all on the computer then if they call you back for another interview its one on one, if that interview goes by well then they call you back for another with a group interview, they was a bit unorganized and had no one to interview me it was just a rush interview when the finally found someone after me waiting for an hour and that interview was just behavioral question no actually interview questions.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in February 2013.

After applying for 25 different positions, I received an email to come in for on-site testing. The only time available was on Washington's Birthday. When I arrived the parking lot was almost empty, except for the deli the first floor businesses were closed. I went to the floor they were on and the security guard said I was too early to go to the deli and wait.

When I returned the entire waiting area was empty. I saw a sign with the phone number for the security guard and called. She said she would be there in a minute.

A man came to the door and said what are you here for. I responded an interview.

A few minutes later I was handed the job description and directed to look at the white board. There were 2 jobs listed there with the hourly rate for each. I was asked which job I was there for.

Next I was taken to a computer told to log into my account and started on the same tests that I had already taken at home. I was told that I had done pretty good, and that I would be called from an out of state number the next day.

When I received the call we talked for a while, then I was asked how many positions I had applied to. The response was oh I see now, if you don't get this position keep applying. The interview was over, and I received their regular "someone else has been selected" email.

I have been on their ask the recruiter page and was told to contact the person who I first talked to about this. I have been to their Linkedin group page and seen that many people who have experience are complaining about their hiring practices.

I have since dropped out of their Linkedin group and stopped looking at their openings. They want to sell their insurance to older workers they just don't seem to want to hire them.

Interview Questions
    • How many times have you applied to UnitedHealth Group?   Answer Question

Business Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2012.

I applied for this position and the next day I the status of my submission was "no longer under consideration." However, I received another email stating that I was matched up with the same position. I applied for that position and several days later I received an email stating that I was under consideration and would hear from the company soon.

About three weeks after I applied I got a call from a recruiter for a phone interview. Two days later they called again for an in-person interview. The interview was with the Operations Manager. He asked me questions about my employment history. He asked me to give an example of a stressful situation and how I handled it. The Operations Manager introduced me to his manager and he asked me additional questions about my employement history.

The following week I was called for a second interview. It was the same two people I interviewed with the first time and they just asked me additional situational questions. The next day, I received a call from the HR department extending me a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you had three things that needed to get done ASAP and you were the only one in the office?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. I was pleased with the job offer, so I did not try to negotiate.

Provider Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2012.

initial communication was via email i was prompted to go to the uhc website and select a interview date and time. I went for interview which was completed within a timely manner i interviewed with two different supervisors in which once done was advised they felt i was a good fit and were wanting to hire me.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation they had advised me of the pay in email and i could choose to accept.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2012.

the interview process wa a long and hard task they ask questions which do not pretain to the job and talk more about them selves then anything they ask why you want to work for them but they do want to know the answer to that question becuase when i answered the interviews question she simply went on talking about her self and the thing she went through i did not take the job because the pay rate was out ragious

Interview Questions
    • what is your main goal in life and how do you plan to achieve it   View Answer

Prior Authorization Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2011.

Interview by supervisor was mostly focused on supervisor's accomplishments.

Interview Questions
    Was offered more than requested.

Provider Phone Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2011.

Filled out application on website, take 2 test (1 at home, if pass, 1 in office), after test 2 interviews. First is phone interview, next you receive a face to face it you recruiter feels you're a good fit. Alot of behavioral, situational questions asked.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were given a boring task and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2011.

Long process. Started with recruiter and telephonic screening. Several weeks before next contact was made. Then telephonic interview with hiring manager. After several weeks visit to office location and round robin interviews with all potential team members, occasionally in groups. Many of the team members were unprepared and asked the same questions

Interview Questions
    • Now that you have met the person who you would report to in this position, what is the one thing you would tell her she needs to change in order to be a good fit for you as a manager   Answer Question