UnitedHealth Group Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Basking Ridge, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Technology Summer Internship Program at university career fair and got an on-campus interview. The first interview was very casual. Basic resume and screening questions and one coding question. Second round was speaking with the two business leaders and an office tour. The second interview was mainly resume review and networking opportunity.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

Very easy. Had a first round at school and a second round at their office. The interview questions were entirely behavioral based and the second round interview only lasted about thirty minutes. They treated their potential hires very well and had all of us interview on the same day. We were there for about half a day and they gave us lunch and presentations about the company,

Interview Questions

• The questions were entirely behavioral based. There was a second "technical interview" but the interviewer didn't seem too shaken by my lack of technical skills and I still got the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

First I had to fill out the online application. After being contacted i had to do a recorded interview that was on a webcam (no personal interaction.. the program would ask you the questions and gave you a couple minutes to answer and when you were done answering you could press a button for it to stop recording) Then i had an onsite interview with a panel of employees.. very informal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Intern Interview

Interview

Initial communication was good, so was follow-up. Interviewers were well prepared

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Hartford, CT).

Interview

The interview process consisted of two rounds of interviews. The application process was simply a resume drop through my school's career services. You were only asked to fill out the online application if you made it to the second round interview which was nice. The first round interview consisted of one 30-minute behavioral interview. The second round consisted of a superday with two behavioral interviews and lunch. I had two interviewers for each of the three interviews. The interviewers were all extremely nice. I got my offer within a week of the second round.

Interview Questions

• All of the interviews were general behavioral questions and there was no specific "difficult" or "unexpected" question. The interview was a very fair process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview was a little bland, but you can easily use that to your advantage. I like United Health Group. Though the first interview was a bit dull, afterwords, someone called me and said they wanted to talk about my opportunities. We talked pretty casually and he taught me a lot about the internship position and gave me a lot of information on the company over all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Basking Ridge, NJ) in March 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with 2 people. Both went down my resume and asked questions about the projects that I did. I also asked them specific questions about the company and they told me some new projects the company is working on and new programs they are implementing.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about a team experience I had, and how did I expect it to go, and how it really turned out.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Spartanburg, SC) in March 2011.

Interview

The interviews were arranged through the career center at school. 3 other students besides myself were interviewed by 2 different persons. The interviewers were very professional and knowledgeable about the company. I didn't get the internship but the interview itself was a positive experience for me.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my senior project. She asked me elaborate details and why i used SQL for my database instead of Access.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in February 2010.

Interview

Applied for the position of intern and went through the interview process fine. I was tested on my language skills (Chinese) and also the reason why I was applying for the internship and what I wanted to get out of it. In addition, the interviewer really tried to make the process as comfortable as possible, so it was definitely nice that the company did do that. But other than that, it was a good interview, not necessarily an excellent one.

Interview Questions

• The language test was actually unexpected but it turned out fine. Just be aware that you could be tested on your language.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

We had a first round interview at my school. Then I went to a second round interview at UnitedHealth Group.