UnitedHealth Group Intern Interview Questions

2.9

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

First I had to fill out the online application. After being contacted i had to do a recorded interview that was on a webcam (no personal interaction.. the program would ask you the questions and gave you a couple minutes to answer and when you were done answering you could press a button for it to stop recording) Then i had an onsite interview with a panel of employees.. very informal.

None

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Intern Interview

Initial communication was good, so was follow-up. Interviewers were well prepared

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

The interview process consisted of two rounds of interviews. The application process was simply a resume drop through my school's career services. You were only asked to fill out the online application if you made it to the second round interview which was nice. The first round interview consisted of one 30-minute behavioral interview. The second round consisted of a superday with two behavioral interviews and lunch. I had two interviewers for each of the three interviews. The interviewers were all extremely nice. I got my offer within a week of the second round.

Interview Questions
    • All of the interviews were general behavioral questions and there was no specific "difficult" or "unexpected" question. The interview was a very fair process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2012.

The interview was a little bland, but you can easily use that to your advantage. I like United Health Group. Though the first interview was a bit dull, afterwords, someone called me and said they wanted to talk about my opportunities. We talked pretty casually and he taught me a lot about the internship position and gave me a lot of information on the company over all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Basking Ridge, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in March 2011.

I interviewed with 2 people. Both went down my resume and asked questions about the projects that I did. I also asked them specific questions about the company and they told me some new projects the company is working on and new programs they are implementing.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me about a team experience I had, and how did I expect it to go, and how it really turned out.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spartanburg, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in March 2011.

The interviews were arranged through the career center at school. 3 other students besides myself were interviewed by 2 different persons. The interviewers were very professional and knowledgeable about the company. I didn't get the internship but the interview itself was a positive experience for me.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my senior project. She asked me elaborate details and why i used SQL for my database instead of Access.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in February 2010.

Applied for the position of intern and went through the interview process fine. I was tested on my language skills (Chinese) and also the reason why I was applying for the internship and what I wanted to get out of it. In addition, the interviewer really tried to make the process as comfortable as possible, so it was definitely nice that the company did do that. But other than that, it was a good interview, not necessarily an excellent one.

Interview Questions
    • The language test was actually unexpected but it turned out fine. Just be aware that you could be tested on your language.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

We had a first round interview at my school. Then I went to a second round interview at UnitedHealth Group.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2012.

The interviewers are nice and the overall interview process is well organized. Interviews consist of basic questions about resume and some behavioral questions. No technical or hard questions asked. Went to lunch with some employees after interview and they are very easy to talk to. But didnt have reply after two weeks, which is kinda bad.

Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2011.

First round consisted of a phone interview with the recruiter. I was asked about 7-8 questions that were primarily behavioral. The interview wasn't too conversational but mainly question with 1-2 minute answer and then next question immediately.
    Second round was an in person interview with my department's director. It was short and consisted of fewer than 5 questions. Interviewer was friendly and seemed to be on my side. I got an offer on the same day in the evening.

Work culture is relaxed and attire is loose business casual.

Interview Questions
    No ability to negotiate. Wage is relatively competitive.

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!