UnitedHealth Group

703 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Case Manager RN Interview

Field Case Manager RN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2014.

Interview Details – Received link to set up digital interview 1 day after applying. I had 48 hours to complete it. It was 8 questions. Some you could type your answer, others it showed a question on the screen and you had 45 seconds to think of your answer then it would record your answer which could be up to 3 minutes. A week later I received an email with a link to set up a phone interview with a recruiter. She went over details of the job, salary, a few questions like why are you leaving your current position. She said she was forwarding my resume to the hiring manager and a phone interview was set up for the next morning. The interview was with the hiring manager and an associate. It lasted about 40 minutes. More information was given about the job, then one asked behavioral questions, the other scenario type questions. A few had me sweating, but I got through them. Both interviewers were extremely friendly.

Interview Question – Name an experience where you had trouble gaining a patient's trust. How did you get it? Do you think gaining their trust had a positive impact on their care? Why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary offered by the recruiter was more than expected. There was no negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Digital Delivery Manager Interview

Digital Delivery Manager
Southfield, MI

Interview Details – There was a horrible digital interview request I received via email. You basically have 5 questions to answer on your screen and record your answers. It says to show your personality but you are talking to yourself. After that, you get a phone screen with a recruiter for roughly 15 minutes. If they like you, you move onto a face to face where you basically meet with the hiring manager and a peer. Mine went great and she wanted to hire me in the spot but said it was protocol to meet with her boss, her peer and a personality expert. The recruiter set up the interview with the head of IT for the next day and the peer the following. Interview #4 was the head of IT and called me almost 2 hours late (wasn't that apologetic) and that conversation went great. The next (#5) interview never called me at all. I emailed and they said it was a scheduling mix up. I waited two days and finally called the recruiter to say they had gone in another direction. Complete waste of time and totally unorganized!

Interview Question – What am I just not good at   View Answer

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Customer Service Advocate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – Very detailed. Assessment, then virtual interview, phone interview, lastly face to face interview. They will call you in about 2-3 days and offer you a position. Then information is sent for background check and drug testing. Overall it was pretty straight forward just a lot of steps

Interview Questions

• Give and example of a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question
  • Tell me a time you had to apologize to someone and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2014.

Interview Details – step 1 apply online
step 2 online assessment
step 3 digital interview
step 4 phone interview
step 5 in person interview
step 6 7-10 days for a decision
I interviewed on August 1, 2014 received an email on August 5, 2014 stating impressed with my skills and qualifications but pursuing other candidates that closing match position.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to problem requiring your supervisor assistance? something to that nature.   Answer Question

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Customer Service Advocate
Kingston, NY

I applied online - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2014.

Interview Details – I feel like this was the perfect place to work. I did my research on the company, and I was really prepared for the interview. All the the questions that they asked and were looking for in a person I possessed all of those qualities. A mistake on my part is that for my résumé I put that I wanted to obtain an entry level job while trying to go to school for something else. When asked about it at an interview, I told them that, I was interested in the health care field more, and I would love to make it my career there. After the interview I had the recruiter call me and scream at me about how my résumé said that. I explained to her the situation, but it wasn't good enough for her, and I was told that I wasn't bring "frank", when in fact I don't get how she thought that I wasn't. She then said that she was the one that was going to help me try to get the job but she couldn't if I wasn't being "frank", hence she was mad when she got off the phone. About two days later I got an email late at night saying I didn't get the position because someone else's qualifications were better. I think that is complete bull because I hear that same email all the time when people don't get the job from uhg. They need to be "frank" with me and tell me the real reason I didn't get the job. That's whats making me so mad. They send out the same email to everybody, and don't tell them the real reason they didn't get the job. One suggestion, Do NOT show interest anywhere else at all!!!! Or you will not get the job. I accidentally missed that on my résumé and I paid the price for it.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were given constructive criticism?   Answer Question

Web Developer II Interview

Web Developer II

Interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview Details – First was a recruiter interview. Second was a phone interview with the hiring manager. Third interview was a panel interview via phone call. Fourth interview was a final skills assessment on site.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult for an experienced developer. A lot were behavioral. C# questions, SQL questions, javascript questions were all asked.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Learning Manager Interview

Learning Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – Over the course of 2 weeks, a variety of calls, emails and 1 official interview. The "screening" and official interview had much of the same questions. Mostly behavioral questions. I am sure I have more experience than everyone that was involved. There has to be fifty words here, so I will also suggest joining in inappropriate jokes/laughter for the first 10 minutes.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected. I was very surprised by those arriving later, and the general lack of professionalism as they laughed at various topics the first 10 minutes.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2014.

Interview Details – Very long and drawn out. Asked for documents that were over 30 years old. They asked questions not revelant to the position. Recruiter was not informed on any of the job responsibilities.

Interview Question – Where I wanted to be career wise in 5 years but did not understand the position at ll.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician

Interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview Details – Wow! I've never been through a hiring process like this. I applied, waited for 2 weeks, received an email saying thanks but no thanks, received a call 3 days later and was told the email was sent in error. Schedule a phone interview, an on site testing interview, then a one on one interview. Finally after a week I received a phone call for a second interview and was offered the position.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you were faced with making an ethical decision.   Answer Question

Junior Access Database Administrator Interview

Junior Access Database Administrator
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in July 2014.

Interview Details – Starts out with online HireVue one way interview. The system allows practice with 3 questions that are very generic; why are you qualified, best achievement and biggest challenge. Moving forward the live recorded questions were technical in nature and (in my opinion) not directly related to the position requirements. UHG provided a 'typical day' description of this position's duties. The description mentioned MS Access 4 times, and no other applications. The HireVue questions pertained to .net programming and sql commands and server, nothing to do with MS Access. I felt there was a disconnect there and frankly a bit unfair. Next came the interview with HR recruiter, and all but 1 question was asking about technical skills; how many years with Access, any experience with VB, etc. The only question outside of skills was why do you want to work for UHG.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions were the live HireVue questions. After being able to practice on generic interview questions they turn 180 degrees to technical questions which in itself is enough to make one take a step back. In addition the questions were not in line with the job description. The questions were 1) what is a @page directive 2) difference between delete and truncate 3) difference between clustered and non-clustered index.   Answer Question

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!