UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions

1,097 Interview Reviews

2.8

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Getting a job at United Health Group is a long process, but it can be done, so if you're interested in working here, don't give up.

I applied online to a ton of open positions - they have dozens of open project management positions at any given time. For one of these positions, I received an email from UHG recruiting inviting me to a digital interview (this email went to my spam folder in Gmail, so CHECK THE SPAM!!!). Upon receipt of the email, you have 48 hours to complete the interview.

The digital interview is awkward. I'm lucky enough in that I have a new desktop Mac with a webcam. This whole process would be tough to do on a tablet or smartphone.

I thought I royally screwed the digital interview up, as I stumbled on my answers and didn't think I was articulate enough. It's very awkward talking to yourself. Keep in mind though, most of the other candidates also think it's awkward, so if you blunder through some of the questions, don't fret too much. And SMILE!

The questions are pretty easy -- very basic interview questions ("Tell me why you want to work here" "describe one of the projects you managed") and there's only 5 of them but again, it's awkward! Make sure you dress up (I work my suit) and be mindful of any background clutter.

Apparently they liked me enough to proceed to the next round. The next round consisted of two phone interviews -- one with HR and one with the hiring manager. My hiring manager was located across the country, so there would be no in-person with her. The hiring manager didn't ask me any silly interview questions - it was just a conversation about my skills. Again, I thought I bombed it, but I must've done well, as about a week and a half later, I was invited for an in-person interview with two team members.

The in-person was a breeze. It didn't seem like an interview. I just had a conversation with two team members on-site, about what I'd be working on when I initially start the role. I knew I had the job when I left, as one of the team members said he would start the process with HR that afternoon.

The next day, I had an offer from the UHG recruiter by phone. They make an offer, and THEN they do the paperwork after you accept -- it's background check by an outside firm and a drug test (pee in a cup).

All in all, this whole process took about 2.5-3 months, from initial online app to my start date. It's a long process, but it's a huge company and if you want to work here, keep applying.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current position   1 Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Horsham, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and took the survey. Two days later i received an email requesting a phone interview. Then two days after that I received another email for another interview in the office. I interviewed with two men. One was in the office and the other was on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have to make a difficult decision and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Sales Medicare, Medicaid Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Disorganized. Recruiter couldn't effectively describe the job. Had to have a script to dialogue.

Felt like they were doing a salary survey.

Hiring manager didn't review my resume.

I knew before going in that it was just a "check the box we've interviewed this person" going in the door.

Youth based culture.

Good ole' boys club.

There's other competing companies

As a candidate, don't sell yourself short. Look around and see what places are open to diversity.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Marietta, GA).

Interview

The interview went smooth the on the phone and in person. The long part is going through the hard process of the in depth background screening. I didn't like that I got the offer only if I pass everything. It's like you on pins and needles until you go to orientations..I don't do drugs but I didn't fill the line up, so I had to wait at the faculty until I could and if I leave, I would be saying I use drugs or I am not willing to cooperate. I had up to 3 hours also.

Interview Questions

• All questions are about what would you do in different types of situations.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

I applied and the next day I called them. 1 week later I had a face to face interview. The lady that interviewed me was trying to be intimidating, however, the interview was easier than i thought it would be. I was given a run down on the business and what they did as a whole.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Invited to do a digital interview about a week from applying. Completed did you interview then received an email saying I was still in the running. Few weeks after that received a call saying they preferred someone in a particular location.then why post the position as telecommute anywhere in the US.they also interview for positions and then tell you via email that the positions are either placed on hold or no longer available. very frustrating and definitely not a good first impression.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

A very brief phone conversation with an interviewer. She was located in another region of the country and was not familiar with the travel logistics required of the position so I held those questions for another potential interview. This was my first phone interview ever so I was not sure what to expect. It was overall a pleasant experience even though I did not get hired.

Behavioral Intake Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Hirevue, followed by recruiter interview, the interview with hiring manager. The whole process was very quick. Between each interview, I received communication within 2-3 business days. The background check took the longest.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, salary was competitive.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

I applied online, the following day I received an email inviting me for a telephone interview with an recruiter. I scheduled it for Monday.
    The recruiter called as scheduled, we talked about my resume, experience, and available positions. She told me what positions were available matching my profile, and asked if I would like my resume forwarded to the hiring manager?! Of Course I did!! Lol. The following day I received a call, scheduled in person interview. It was a panel interview with 3 staff members, lasting about 15 minutes. I received a call 3 days later that they wanted to make an offer.

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Sugar Land, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The entire process from application to final notification took approximately 3 weeks. It began with the application, computer generated assessment questions, over-the-phone interview with a recruiter (out of Philippines), final face to face interview with someone at the Sugarland Office (it wasn't the person I was set-up to meet).

Once the people came into the process, it felt rather unprofessional in their handling. The scheduler also from (Philippines) told me to be prepared for a 13 week training. The phone interview recruiter told me it was a 10 week training. The face to face interviewer said it was an 8 week interview (the website video says it's a 14 week training).

For my last interview, they initially scheduled it for Thursday and called me up around 6 PM on Wednesday to reschedule the interview to Friday. On the day of the interview, I got to the location and found no a sign saying "Gone to Lunch" (but waiting room was open) waiting for me. I sat there till my interview time. 5 minutes later, no one came and so I called and got voicemail. About 10 minutes later, the receptionist returned from lunch and asked me who I was waiting for and when she heard the name of the person I was to see, she drew a blank. Waited another 20 minutes before a guy showed up and said he'd interview me.

Interview process was simple and consisted of who are you, why do you want to work here and behavioral questions. (The interviewer got out of the office in between and went to talk to someone else. I got the feeling that this was a sham interview all along)

Interview Questions

• How did I control my emotions while handling a stressful situation at work.?

How did I resolve something which required accuracy at what I did?

Was there any metrics at my last employment and how did I rate it?

How will you handle a situation where a customer asks you to do something dishonest?

What will you do if a co-worker tells you that he does not understand his job>

Answer Question