UnitedHealth Group

Updated Feb 27, 2015
Updated Feb 27, 2015

2.8

Customer Care Advocate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

1 hr phone interview where the recruiter tells you all about the position and ask all behavioral questions (tell me about a time when) be prepared with different work related scenarios. Also make sure you know about the company values and have your resume on hand they will ask you the dates you worked at previous employers. If you pass this round you will be invited to a face to face interview at the end of the phone interview. Face to face interview is 3 behavioral questions not hard at all. Face to face did last about an hour be sure to engage the interviewer and keep control of the interview. The face to face interviewer will also tell you everything you need to know about the company and the position and what they expect from you.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to admit a mistake that you made and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in February 2015.

I received an email saying, "Congratulations, you are invited to interview with UHG!" Was disappointed when I continued reading only to find that they wanted me to do a 'digital video' interview. For the digital video interview, I was to prepare as though it were a real in-person interview, log into some website and have a video recorded of the interview. The interview would consist of three questions. After each question, I would have 30 seconds to forumulate a response, and then three minutes to respond to the question. I opted NOT to do this, as I have privacy and security concerns with regards to having a digital video made of me that would be out of my control once recorded. I prefer to talk to people, not a web cam. The only good news of all this is that after I failed to respond to the request for interview, they sent me a survey asking me about the interview process experience, where I basically stated everything I said here, so maybe they will listen and stop using this ludicrous pre-screening method. It would be great if HR would take this survey response to heart, which would be amazing, but more likely I think they will be offended and find some reason why I wasn't a good candidate to begin with and mark me as a DO NOT HIRE. I heard nothing after submitting the survey. Never in the whole process did I talk with any recruiter or other representative from UHG. I think I can figure from this that UHG really doesn't care about its employees or their time. It's a guess on my part, but my intuition is usually pretty right on in this regard.

Interview Questions
    • I would have been asked three questions, given 30 seconds to formulate a response, then three minutes to respond.   View Answer

Customer Service Advocate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Let me first say that God is the reason I got this job! Period.

The application process at UnitedHealth was extremely lengthy and rigorous. It took a total of 12 weeks before I got hired. I applied on 11/21/2014.

Right after applying,

1) Completed the screening assessment test for the position. [The company gives you a 48 hour window to complete the test.]

2)After passing on 11/25/2014, I got an email requesting me to participate in a one-on-one 45-minute phone interview with a recruiter. I set up a date and time with the recruiter for the next day. On the phone the female asked me simple questions about myself and my work history.

Additionally, during the phone interview I was given typical scenario/situational questions to answer (i.e. "What would you do if...? Tell me a time where.....Do you have experience with...?"). She also informed me more about the position and its requirements, the date/time the training class would start and how many weeks it would be, the hours and pay, etc. At the end of our conversation, the recruiter told me she was going to move my application to the next step in the process.

3) I got an email from my recruiter to set up a face to face interview with a hiring manager on 12/03/2014 for a Claims position I applied to weeks before. I interviewed for that on 12/11/2014. Long story short, I ended up not getting that job.

About a month later, I was contacted by my recruiter again to schedule another interview for the position Customer Service Advocate. I interviewed for that position on 01/14/2014.

4) On 01/29/2014, I got a call from another recruiter and was offered the position and accepted!

5) I was emailed the next day (a Friday) to update my Profile information and make sure everything is correct on the company website. I was also offered the position only contingent on me passing a pre-employment background check and drug test.

6) On 02/02/2015, I completed the consent to conduct the background check form online and made my appointment/completed my drug test the same day.

7) On 02/16/2015 I was contacted by phone by a recruiter as well as by email saying that I passed both with flying colors and let me know I start work on 02/23/2015!

Note to everyone applying: It's a LOT to go through to get a job here--but if I can do it, so can you. Just be persistent and patient. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Basic situational questions and about professional work history/experience   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. I accepted what was offered to me.

Administrative Interview

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview process was pretty much straight forward. First, a Webcam interview, then a phone screening then an in-person interview with the hiring Manager. An offer was made the next day.

Research and SAS Programmer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

I applied this position at 2 months ago and they send me email about a digital interview.
    You can start that interview within 48 hours since you received that email.
    There are three questions. each question has 30s to prepare and 3 min to ask.

Senior Technology Development Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

I applied online, received an email less than a week later asking me to do an automated interview online through the link they sent me. 2 weeks later I got an email inviting me for an onsight interview. They flew me in for the interview and onsight I got to meet alot of the directors and other people in the development program. We started with an orientation program and and then split for individual interviews. I was interviewed by 2 directors in the development program. They were so kind and made me relax even though I was nervous. We were told we would get a response in about 3 business. I got a call to offer the job on the 3rd business day.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tell me about a time you came across a challenge and how you overcame it.
      2. Tell me about a time you worked in a group and how you resolved conflict.

Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Online application. Recruiter through Texas contacted me for phone screening. Passed my information onto the hiring manager in NV. Phone interview with hiring manager. Several weeks went by and then was asked to come in for an in person interview. I answered several questions and then was asked to sit in the HM's chair and perform some technical tasks while HM sat next to me. It was a very good experience for me and challenging. I enjoyed the interaction and the practical approach to skills assessment. I even learned something! I did not hear for several weeks over the holidays but then was contacted by HM. He stated he was starting the process for a formal offer.

Interview Questions
    • In person skills assessment. I gave myself a C-, but was offered the job because of my personality and my potential.   Answer Question
    I had done my research and felt comfortable countering. UHG held firm on base wage for the pay grade, but accepted start date I needed and pre approved vacation time. Ultimately my C- is why I think they held firm at base.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in February 2015.

Initially, I received an email to participate in a digital interview. This came approximately one week after submitting my application online. The digital interview is a strange format, if you're not familiar with it. Basically you log onto a website, you're prompted with a few high-level questions, and your answers are recorded via webcam.

About a week after the digital interview, I received a call from a corporate recruiter inviting me to participate in a phone screen. The phone screen was short--probably 10-15 minutes--and focused primarily on basic qualifications (i.e., education, experience). I was also asked what my salary expectations were. It concluded with the recruiter scheduling a phone interview between me and the hiring manager for the next day.

The phone interview was about 45 minutes and consisted primarily of technical and role-based questions. I was glad to have prepared beforehand, otherwise some of the harder questions would have caught me off guard. Within 24 hours, I was contacted by another corporate recruiter to schedule an on-site interview.

The on-site interview was conducted by the hiring manager and 5-6 other members of the cross-functional development team (developers, testers, BAs, PMs). Questions were less technical--more focused on my work patterns, communication methods, team approach, and general demeanor to determine whether I was a cultural fit.

I received an offer of employment three days later. The entire process (application-to-offer) took 22 days.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a scenario where you had to work directly with an end user to resolve or mitigate an application defect?   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Pretty straight forward - Two phone screens with a recruiter and HR. Met with the hiring executive along with two other department colleagues. The whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions
    • Your experiences that would best contribute into the organization?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Two interviewers were interviewing me. Both were very friendly and very personable - you could tell they cared for something that they worked for, which really highlights the overall culture of the company. Both interviewers were in high level positions, one being a leader of project manager while another working at the company for more than 15 years. Essentially the interview process was just to get a better see of how the interviewee is and how he or she coincides with the company's values and goals.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you were in a team setting and had to manage conflicting ideas/opinions/people.

Tell me about yourself?