UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions

1,204 Interview Reviews

2.7

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Getting a job at United Health Group is a long process, but it can be done, so if you're interested in working here, don't give up. I applied online to a ton of open positions - they have dozens of open project management positions at any given time. For one of these positions, I received an email from UHG recruiting inviting me to a digital interview (this email went to my spam folder in Gmail, so CHECK THE SPAM!!!). Upon receipt of the email, you have 48 hours to complete the interview. The digital interview is awkward. I'm lucky enough in that I have a new desktop Mac with a webcam. This whole process would be tough to do on a tablet or smartphone. I thought I royally screwed the digital interview up, as I stumbled on my answers and didn't think I was articulate enough. It's very awkward talking to yourself. Keep in mind though, most of the other candidates also think it's awkward, so if you blunder through some of the questions, don't fret too much. And SMILE! The questions are pretty easy -- very basic interview questions ("Tell me why you want to work here" "describe one of the projects you managed") and there's only 5 of them but again, it's awkward! Make sure you dress up (I work my suit) and be mindful of any background clutter. Apparently they liked me enough to proceed to the next round. The next round consisted of two phone interviews -- one with HR and one with the hiring manager. My hiring manager was located across the country, so there would be no in-person with her. The hiring manager didn't ask me any silly interview questions - it was just a conversation about my skills. Again, I thought I bombed it, but I must've done well, as about a week and a half later, I was invited for an in-person interview with two team members. The in-person was a breeze. It didn't seem like an interview. I just had a conversation with two team members on-site, about what I'd be working on when I initially start the role. I knew I had the job when I left, as one of the team members said he would start the process with HR that afternoon. The next day, I had an offer from the UHG recruiter by phone. They make an offer, and THEN they do the paperwork after you accept -- it's background check by an outside firm and a drug test (pee in a cup). All in all, this whole process took about 2.5-3 months, from initial online app to my start date. It's a long process, but it's a huge company and if you want to work here, keep applying.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current position   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Morrisville, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online July 5 and then did online tests and assessments . Did not hear anything back for 3 weeks . Got a call to schedule a over the phone interview . Did the phone interview 2 days later and was scheduled right after the interview for a face to face for the following week. Did the face to face interview on Aug 3 and received a call 2 days later that i was offered unemployment contingent on background and drug testing. received an email to login in to my profile and consent to background. A day later i received another email to schedule drug test and it MUST be done with 2 business days. I start Aug 24, 15-week training class, base pay is 13.46 a an hour. I am so glad they called me back this was the main job i was hoping for !! Glad i did not lose hope. Training is m-f 8-5. After training your schedule could be anytime between 8am-8pm and no weekends or holidays !! Before the interview i would definitely go to their website and look up the history and what the company is all about, they are big on culture, diversity and helping people live a healthier life. You can also chat online with recruiters to get tips and advice about the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why should we pick you over someone else ?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer ?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

submit application online, few months later, get a call from HR to schedule half an hour interview. then few months after that get a call to schedule an interview with hiring manager, then another call for a second interview with team members. The main problem with their process that it's slow and may take several months (6 months) in may case!

Interview Questions

• Mostly general questions. Main question: how do you see your experience and skills fit in this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Sugar Land, TX).

Interview

Process took about 1 month and a half . I took the online assessment and 2 days after , got a call from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview . The phone interview consisted of questions regarding work history as well as behavioral questions . There were also questions regarding if there were any metrics you had to reach in each of the jobs you've had . After the end of the phone interview , the recruiter scheduled me for a face to face interview the next day. That interview was a lot less stressful since the interviewer was very calm and nice . He went over the company's values and also what the duties are for the position as well as a couple of behavioral questions . He said that the hiring process is quicker now so I should hear a response back by the end of the week. Sure enough, I got a call from a recruiter giving me a conditional offer meaning that I would have to pass the background screening as well as the drug testing to finally be an employee . I accepted and they sent me 2 links ; one of them to update my profile and consent to have my background check and the other detailing the offer as well as other policies of the company . 2 days later , I received 2 emails for the drug screening and it gives you 2 business days to complete it .

Interview Questions

• Has there ever been any negativity in your work? Describe a difficult time you had with a customer and how you fixed it . how do you deal with a coworker who's not performing as efficiently as you? Name a time when accuracy was crucial.   Answer Question

Associate Clinical Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Richardson, TX).

Interview

First I did the video interview which was a first for me. Then a phone interview. Then they called me in for a third interview at their office which lasted around 30 mins.

Business Objects Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, phone screened by rectifier, sent my resume to the recruiter, tweaks were made to resume, resume sent to manager, manager requested interview, time set for interview, went to interview for person to person and panel interview with the possibility of an interview later with the person above the manager.

Interview Questions

• This was one of the better interviews because most of the question did not follow a stale printed piece of paper with canned questions. Most of the questions were based off of the information in the resume and what one experienced. That is not to say that other people did not use an outline or some standard questions as I am sure that they mixed in based on ones experience. There may have been one question that was of concern to the manager, is one willing to do technical support in the position?   1 Answer

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2015.

Interview

The whole process... I applied back in May ... Received call in August... Schedule phone interview then went to a face to face interview... Where she basically explained the job in full detail which answered any questions you had.. Then she asked me 3 behavioral questions which need to be answered with Empathy and compassion... The whole process has been long just waiting now to see if I get an offer....

Call Center Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Quite simple, basically you were told the details of the job that asked about your background, focus was on how you handle difficult customers, your ability to multi-task which is a key component of the job than you were told the varying shifts which are awarded by bidding (your performance)

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a negative call?   1 Answer

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

it was a positive experience with each part of the process. it went very quickly mainly telephone based. asked questions about disease education background my likes and dislikes i would recommend this company

Interview Questions

• background, specific to the job why i like my career, situationlthings with patients   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I applied online July 30. Asked to take an assessment (personality) on Aug 3rd. On Aug 13 I didn't hear anything back and I checked my application online and viewed email message that were sent. I went to my inbox and they were sent to spam. I went online to the recruiter chat and they said I did not take the assessment, after some digging they found it. On Aug 17 I was asked to take a Prove It assessment for Windows (basic simulation on how to change a folder name and play media player and such). I then got a call on Aug 19 for a phone interview the next day. It happened to be a recruiter asking basic questions for the position. Then said a hiring manager should be contacting me in a week or so.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do you have working in a call center environment? How many calls did you take per day? Can you work the hours for the position? Why do you want to leave your current job? Are you interviewing or being offered a position elsewhere?   Answer Question