UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
720 interviews

2.8

Claims Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

I applied online for a couple different positions. I was emailed a message and link from hirevue asking to do a digital interview. In that interview they allow you to do 3 or so practice questions. You have 30 seconds to prepare and 3 minutes to answer the question. The questions were situational and customer service related. Then, a couple of days passed and I got a call from a recruiter stating that I now had a phone interview. In the phone interview they basically just asked your level of knowledge is with a computer. If you have used and know how to use powerpoint, excel, Microsoft outlook etc..... They also asked about your prior jobs and as to why you are leaving them and what you got paid. That same afternoon I received call stating they wanted to schedule an interview with the hiring manager the next day. I went to the interview, there was a women in person and man on the phone. The women an d man both introduced themselves and she then explained what the job position was, what the expected and then they get to the situational questions. They asked 3. #1 Name a situation in which you resolved an unhappy customers issue and how you handled it. #2 Tell us about a situation where you had to explain something complex in depth with a customer. (That question caught me off guard for some reason) and lastly #3 Tell us about a situation where you were frustrated and how you handled your emotions. They concluded the interview after that and stated a recruiter would be in touch with me from that point on. The male on the phone really just listened and asked you to elaborate on your answers and made you go more in depth.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a situation where you had to explain something complex in depth with a customer?; This question was hard for me because I just couldn't recall an actual situation in which that happened. My mind went blank.   Answer Question

Senior Pharm Tech Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in July 2013.

Waiting was the most difficult part of the hiring and interview process, they outsource to recruitment all of the country (i.e. Kansas City, Tampa, and Dallas) for a specific position in Houston so that sometimes makes it hard to receive answers pertaining to the job.

Non-negotiation

Provider Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2012.

initial communication was via email i was prompted to go to the uhc website and select a interview date and time. I went for interview which was completed within a timely manner i interviewed with two different supervisors in which once done was advised they felt i was a good fit and were wanting to hire me.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation they had advised me of the pay in email and i could choose to accept.

Provider Phone Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2011.

Filled out application on website, take 2 test (1 at home, if pass, 1 in office), after test 2 interviews. First is phone interview, next you receive a face to face it you recruiter feels you're a good fit. Alot of behavioral, situational questions asked.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were given a boring task and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

For All Positions Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Very Lengthy processes. Too many rounds of interview at different hierarchy levels which could have been avoided. Sometimes these lengthy processes seems ineffective when attempted at practical work.Very Lengthy processes.

Medicaid Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in July 2014.

I received an email link for a digital interview which I had 48 hours to complete. I attempted to complete the interview (which wad beyond awkward) but kept having technical difficulties. I reached out to the recruiter via phone and email to see what additional interview options I had, but I never received a response. In my opinion the interview process was unprofessional, embarrassing and disappointing.

Interview Questions
    • What would be your approach to supervising a team of 20 outreach specialist?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

30 minute phone screen followed by an hour-long in-person interview a month later. Straightforward behavioral questions, everything seemed to go OK. No contact until three months after the interview, at which point I learned the position no longer existed (i.e. no funding, decided not to hire anyone). A frustrating experience.

Field Case Manager RN Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2014.

Received link to set up digital interview 1 day after applying. I had 48 hours to complete it. It was 8 questions. Some you could type your answer, others it showed a question on the screen and you had 45 seconds to think of your answer then it would record your answer which could be up to 3 minutes. A week later I received an email with a link to set up a phone interview with a recruiter. She went over details of the job, salary, a few questions like why are you leaving your current position. She said she was forwarding my resume to the hiring manager and a phone interview was set up for the next morning. The interview was with the hiring manager and an associate. It lasted about 40 minutes. More information was given about the job, then one asked behavioral questions, the other scenario type questions. A few had me sweating, but I got through them. Both interviewers were extremely friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Name an experience where you had trouble gaining a patient's trust. How did you get it? Do you think gaining their trust had a positive impact on their care? Why?   Answer Question
    Salary offered by the recruiter was more than expected. There was no negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  La Crosse, WI
    Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

I interviewed online - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2013.

I first applied on line and then answered some questions (virtual interview). Then I had a phone interview with a person who sounded as though they were in a call center off shore, who was quite rude and didn't understand much of what I was saying. Then I went for an onsite interview where their assessments are taken. About 2-3 days later I was offered a position. However their offer on wages was quite low. There was some room for negotiation but not much. Ultimately I declined the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions, nothing to complicated or out of the blue.   Answer Question

I was quite put off by the rudeness of this most likely outsourced representative. Also put off by the fact that they didn't understand me. Also when I went for the onsite the employees kind of looked a bit miserable and almost as if they were walking on egg shells. Very tense environment vibe I got. Also the pay part.

Digital Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

There was a horrible digital interview request I received via email. You basically have 5 questions to answer on your screen and record your answers. It says to show your personality but you are talking to yourself. After that, you get a phone screen with a recruiter for roughly 15 minutes. If they like you, you move onto a face to face where you basically meet with the hiring manager and a peer. Mine went great and she wanted to hire me in the spot but said it was protocol to meet with her boss, her peer and a personality expert. The recruiter set up the interview with the head of IT for the next day and the peer the following. Interview #4 was the head of IT and called me almost 2 hours late (wasn't that apologetic) and that conversation went great. The next (#5) interview never called me at all. I emailed and they said it was a scheduling mix up. I waited two days and finally called the recruiter to say they had gone in another direction. Complete waste of time and totally unorganized!

Interview Questions

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!