UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.8

Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

I applied online for a couple different positions. I was emailed a message and link from hirevue asking to do a digital interview. In that interview they allow you to do 3 or so practice questions. You have 30 seconds to prepare and 3 minutes to answer the question. The questions were situational and customer service related. Then, a couple of days passed and I got a call from a recruiter stating that I now had a phone interview. In the phone interview they basically just asked your level of knowledge is with a computer. If you have used and know how to use powerpoint, excel, Microsoft outlook etc..... They also asked about your prior jobs and as to why you are leaving them and what you got paid. That same afternoon I received call stating they wanted to schedule an interview with the hiring manager the next day. I went to the interview, there was a women in person and man on the phone. The women an d man both introduced themselves and she then explained what the job position was, what the expected and then they get to the situational questions. They asked 3. #1 Name a situation in which you resolved an unhappy customers issue and how you handled it. #2 Tell us about a situation where you had to explain something complex in depth with a customer. (That question caught me off guard for some reason) and lastly #3 Tell us about a situation where you were frustrated and how you handled your emotions. They concluded the interview after that and stated a recruiter would be in touch with me from that point on. The male on the phone really just listened and asked you to elaborate on your answers and made you go more in depth.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a situation where you had to explain something complex in depth with a customer?; This question was hard for me because I just couldn't recall an actual situation in which that happened. My mind went blank.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Got recruited at campus. Attended career fair, 2 rounds of interviews and was given offer letter. Round 1 was behavioral and round 2 was more of a discussion on past experience, 'fit' . Interview questions were standard. Nothing unexpected or out of the ordinary.

On Site Case Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2014.

Started with the online application submission, next day i recieved an email of reciept and an invitation to do a recorded video. The video was one way, lots of practise questions if you need them. Prepared in advance, have answers to possible scenario type questions prepared. Best advise. .....smile! The recruiter later told me thats what made me stand out.the day after the video was submitted, i recieved a request for a phone interview with a recruiter. Set my time and they were very punctual! Brief phone interview, reviewed job description, benefits and pay range. Then told that the hiring manager would be calling me in the next few days. That same day, she called to set up anotherphone interview with herself and an additional person. Compledted next day, situational questions, further clarity about job and expectations. After interview i sent a thank you email and two hours later, a response with information regarding start dates. The next day, job offer. Now pending drug test and background check.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, as i had used this forum prior to the interview and already knew the type of questions being asked   Answer Question
    No need, what i was hoping for

UnitedHealth Group Response

Sep 15, 2014Talent Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share insights around your positive experience and congratulations on your offer!

IT Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Five interviews in total spanning some ten weeks. Four audio/telephonic only and one in person with a panel teleconferencing with four people. Hired and no training or discussion of direction for the first five weeks of employment.

Interview Questions
    • Accomplishments as an individual contributor versus group accomplishments. Which do you prefer and why.   Answer Question
    No negotiation allowed.

HEDIS Review Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2014.

I was hired for a contract review and was telephone interviewed by management back east. They asked very standard questions. They were friendly and informative about what they were specifically interested.

EAP Position Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

The interview process seems fairly streamlined through the UHG recruiting system. Recruiter was clearcut in the process, but the second interviewers were not. Recruiter and on-site second interviewers described the job differently. First interview was not as clinical as second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a conflict with your teammate and how you worked through that.
      Please describe how you worked through a complex case.
        Answer Question

Nurse Practitioner Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Met Manager at the office. Very pleasant and professional. typical interview question- like job history.
    Good experience. Got interviewed and hired right away. I reiterated what was written on my resume. No further questions asked.

Provider Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Frederick, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2011.

Online application
    Asked to schedule face to face interview online
    Assessment on site
    Asked to stay on for a face to face interview with HR
    HR rep asked if I could stay on to speak with the Manager
    Spoke with the manager
    HR rep presented some paper work asking if the salary was acceptable and since I did not have call center experience I accepted.
    Got a call with a job offer by the end of the day

Interview Questions
    • It was not difficult but you would need to stay on point when answering question on where you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question
    Include ALL experience, I regret not negotiating and not listing all my customer service experience and skill

Senior Pharm Tech Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in July 2013.

Waiting was the most difficult part of the hiring and interview process, they outsource to recruitment all of the country (i.e. Kansas City, Tampa, and Dallas) for a specific position in Houston so that sometimes makes it hard to receive answers pertaining to the job.

Non-negotiation

Provider Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2012.

initial communication was via email i was prompted to go to the uhc website and select a interview date and time. I went for interview which was completed within a timely manner i interviewed with two different supervisors in which once done was advised they felt i was a good fit and were wanting to hire me.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation they had advised me of the pay in email and i could choose to accept.

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!