UnitedHealth Group

2.8

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

The hiring process with UHG is rigorous. It is imperative you apply for a position that best matches your skills and qualifications, as the recruiters take great measures in finding appropriate talent for available positions. I started off the application process by applying online. I took the assessment that consisted of a simulator type system that involved a role playing process of the position. You take a few inbound calls, perform data entry while listening to the caller, and choosing (multiple choice) solutions to their questions. About a week after I applied, I received an invitation to complete a Digital Interview that is conducted through a company called HireVue. This was a first for me, and I found it very interesting. It consists of 3 behavioral type questions in which you are given 30 seconds to think of your response, and 3 minutes to answer the question. Before you begin, it will give you plenty of practice questions so you may feel comfortable when the real deal begins. Remember, the recruiters can share this with as many people as they would like. Be professional, smile, do NOT look at yourself talking. Keep eye contact with the camera. Just be YOU! Once I completed my digital interview, 2 days later I received a call from a recruiter wanting to set up a telephone interview. It lasted for about 45 minutes.In the telephone interview, you will discuss your professional background and what you are looking for within the company. You will be asked numerous behavioral questions. My best advice to you is to be prepared for anything. Know why you want to be a part of UHG. Read up on their culture values, mission..It will definitely benefit you and show the recruiter that you have done your homework. At the end of my telephone interview, the recruiter stated she was going to move my application forward in the hiring process, and I would soon be hearing from the hiring manager to set up a face to face. After about a week, I finally heard from the recruiter asking when I would be available for face to face. I received my face to face interview on Thursday, Sept. 18th. The hiring manager brought in a laptop in which she recorded my responses. We talked about previous employment, my skills and qualifications, what I could bring to UHG, what set me aside from other candidates, WHY UHG, along with going over the position and what it entailed. The interview took about 45 minutes to complete. She was very pleasant and made me feel very comfortable while being in "the hot seat". I want to applaud UHG for being so professional and compassionate through this process. I must admit, there were plenty of times I became discouraged, as the process seems to take forever. Especially when you really, really want the job! Just be patient. Great things come to those who wait. Be sure to utilize the resources available to you such as the UHG career website including your job page, reach out to HR Direct for any questions, and also the Live Recruiter Chat. Also be sure to check all of your e-mail folders as some can get caught in the Junk Mail file. The recruiters are more than happy to help you and can usually give some good insight as to where you are in the hiring process. Good luck to everyone!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to explain something complex to a customer.   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time you helped an irate customer and what did you do to handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you achieved something great in the workplace.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be a part of UHG?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help a stranger. Why did you do it?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation necessary. The offer was more than I was expecting it to be! Definitely a plus!

Business Process Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Unclear about what the company was looking for. Most of the positions were filled by people who already had connections and knew the staff. This was not a position for people with experience

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Beware! This was the most BIZARRE interview I have ever been on. I interviewed in Basking Ridge, NJ in September of 2014. The interviewer was nice enough, however, talked more about himself during the interview (ie. his car, things he did in college) I was like OOOOOOOOK. Spent a lot of time checking his phone as well. I got the impression that he got his position by knowing someone on the inside.

A few days later I was contacted by a recruiter who asked that I do a HireVue. I came to find out this is usually the first step in the process before even being brought in for a f2f. At that point, I was no longer interested in the position. I knew I would not feel comfortable reporting to a manager who told me that he was a huge micromanager right during the interview. Very inexperienced. Also, I get the sense that recruiting/HR is very unorganized.

Senior Clinical Administrative Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

I went through four different interviews: one with the recruiter (via phone), one via webcam, one with the hiring manager (via phone), and one with the hiring manager's peer (via phone). I found the whole interview process to be awkward, impersonal and less than professional. By the time I talked to the hiring manager's peer, I had decided that if I was offered the job I would decline (they did not call me back). I never really felt like I connected with any of the interviewers.

Provider Resolution Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

The recruiter that called me was very kind and knowledgeable about the position I had applied for. She scheduled me the next day for a face to face interview with the hiring manager.The iring manager was extremely down to earth and made me feel very comfortable.

easy

Health Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

There is an interview with a recruiter and then another with 2 supervisors during both interviews I was asked the exact same questions. Also, when interviewing for another position internally I was also asked the exact same interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • They always ask for very specific and detailed examples with your answers.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2014.

Extremely easy interview process. Spoke to a local recruiter who asked typical questions. Tell me about a complex situation you have encountered and how did you resolve it? Why should we hire you? I was then set up for a face to face interview for the following day. Interview was so much fun , extremely informal, more of a friendly conversation and she was very upfront about the complexities possibly involved withe position.

Interview Questions
    • What was the last difficult situation you've encountered in your current and how did you address it?   Answer Question
    • Was there ever a time you disagreed with your supervisor and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Technology Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Two rounds of interviews. First one on campus with behavioral questions. Then two rounds of interviews on site on the same day. Same type of questions. Also during the second round they give you a company overview and the site tour. Breakfast and lunch is provided. Interviewers were all very friendly. Seems like a good culture!

Senior Project Manager Interview

They came to recruit at a college. There was a one on one interview. Formal but very engaging. Asked a few questions. Was not as stressful as expected. After the first interview in a few days I received an email for the second interview at the office location.

Go to a second interview

UAT Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

I filled the application online. After a week I got an email from HireVue to take an online one way digital interview. This is easy step. All you need is computer with webcam and lot of confidence. They provide you enough time to rehearse with practice questions. Please make sure of your background. Wall should be plain and not busy, as this video is watched by lot of hiring people within the company. Make sure that you are presentable as you would be for face to face interview. Also make sure the room is well lighted ( no flashy light behind you or window). They asked 3 simple questions. First, Explain when you had a difficult or complex situation at work and how you handled it. Second, how would you handle multiple project with multiple deadline. Third, a time when you have to start a project from ground zero and how you did that. I have yet to hear back from the UHG recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • These are common questions for technical interview so I was not surprised.   View Answers (2)
    didn't find it necessary to negotiate