UnitedHealth Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2014.

Interview Details – In the beginning, I was very excited about applying and interviewing for UnitedHealth Group. I felt my qualifications and experience would definitely be an asset to the company. My entire career is and have been focused on customer care and providing efficient service. I have over achieved in all of my corporate position and was thrilled to become a part of UnitedHealth Group and their Clients. To begin with, The application process was extremely long. You were asked to complete several behavioral questions as well as taking an online assessment of calls and selecting the response which best answers the customer concerns. I completed the application process and was contacted by a recruiter for UnitedHealth Group who completed another mini qualification interview.Once she determined I was a good candidate, I was scheduled for a video interview which requires you to answer another set of behavioral questions.Once that process was completed, I was contacted again by the same recruiter who said I passed the video interview, and would schedule me for a phone interview for the following day. The next day, I completed my interview and the recruiter was very impressed and wanted to schedule me for another phone interview with the hiring manager. He was unable to, but scheduled me for a face to face interview for the following day. He was very pleasant and seemed very excited to schedule me to come in. The interview process from this point was great until I was scheduled for the Face to Face interview. This is where I felt very disappointed with the Hiring process. When I arrived at UnitedHealth group, those who were scheduled for an interview were sat in a lobby area to wait for their respective interviewer.During that time, current employees were walking through the lobby and were very loud and seemed like a group of recent high school graduates(18-20). They were not very professional and even made some uncomfortable comments as they walked through the lobby. During the wait, several employees walked through and were not very professional.For example, One employee was rapping as he walked through the lobby. Another employees, was wearing flip flops as she left the building.This contradicted what a lot of what UnitedHealth Group claimed to be.
I was finally called for my interview and greeted by the manager who was late for my interview. Once we sat down, it was clear that the manager was not really prepared for the interview . I was asked a few of the same behavioral questions and answered them just as I did on the three prior interviews that I successfully completed. There was nothing difficult about the face to face interview. I was told that I would receive a call back in 3-5 days. The next day I received an email saying I did not get the position. I did not understand how I successfully passed and completed three interviews which were very in depth about my qualifications with the recruiter just a few days ago and did not pass a face to face interview which asked me the exact same questions I was asked before? I truly felt that the hiring manager was either intimidated by my qualifications or I did not fit the current trend & culture of that particular location.
Overall, I felt that once I came in for the face to face, the UnitedHealth Group managers there already made their decisions once they were able to see who I was. I did not feel that my experience or qualifications from that point on were looked into or had anything to do with getting the job offer. My time was also not valued as a candidate since my interviewer was late. Also, Usually by your second interview, you are very confident that you have landed the job. To have Four Interviews and go through an extremely long process to still get an email stating you were not selected seems a little inconsiderate.

Interview Question – All of the questions were behavioral questions and very easy   Answer Question

Special Status Services Interview

Special Status Services
Frederick, MD

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2013.

Interview Details – You apply online, take a few test, meet with HR to complete more test, interview with HR, then interview with department managers. Most people don't make it pass the on site testing. If the department managers want you a drug test and background check will also be completed. Total process time could be 4 to 6 weeks. Contractors have a better chance of being bought on permanent as you complete the same process without all the testing.

Interview Question – Online test are very tricky.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to get a better starting salary due to experience but it still is very low. It took me 4 days to get a decent starting salary.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician
San Diego, CA

I applied online - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and then two days later i got a call from a recruiter and he explained to me about the job duties and responsibilities and then he told me if i would like to have an interview. The interview was online with Hirevu, which was very awkward. I had to record myself and answer four difficult interview questions and then send it to them. Then within a week they called me back and asked me to do a phone interview which we went over the online interview and then over my resume it was about 40 minutes. Then I got an email from them stating that I didn't meet their requirements.

Interview Question – Describe how you could be the best at what you do.   Answer Question

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Senior Customer Service Representative
Rancho Cordova, CA

I applied online - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online for the position, got a call a week later to come in for an in-person interview. I would say the questions asked were very basic interview questions based on personal experiences from your employment. Think of good examples you have had dealing with customers. A week after that I got a call from HR offering me a position and the hourly pay and benefits. I am still waiting on my background check and am awaiting an email to complete my drug screen.

Interview Question – Tell me about a project you had to complete and how did you deal with meeting the deadline.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was more than I expected it to be so I did not negotiate.

Case Review RN Interview

Case Review RN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online in the evening. When I checked my email the next morning, I had an invitation to do a video interview thru HireVue. I got an invitation thru HireVue and one from the UHG recruiter. That was a new experience for me, but it must have went ok, as the following morning I had an invitation to set up an interview with a recruiter. That was also scheduled electronically. I picked the time/ date. I did review the information on the career area for UHG prior, reviewed my resume and gave myself a pep talk. The telephone interview lasted 30 minutes. It was painless. The next step in the hiring process is another telephonic interview with a nurse manager. The recruiter did bring up salary expectations, (? Is that premature? ). I did not plan on talking about money, but it was nice to know what I was getting into. She was very frank which I appreciated.
I am hopeful to get another interview and an offer, but haven't gotten to that point yet.
*no offer yet, will update this later*

Interview Question – Describe your work history and other general questions.   Answer Question

Supervisor Customer Service Interview

Supervisor Customer Service

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – It started with an online application. Within the next 3 days I was contacted by recruiter, who went over basic screening questions to ensure that I didnt lie on my resume and that I was a good fit for the position. Finally there was an in person interview. Overall a good experience and company to work for.

Interview Question – No questions out of ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, salary was frim

Very Easy Interview

Telephonic Case Manager Interview

Telephonic Case Manager
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – I applied online and a couple weeks later received a call from HR. I interviewed with HR, then a week later received a call to set up an in person interview with the hiring nurse manager. I had an in person interview with two nurse managers who both had an associate degree in nursing. One of the nurse managers had 2 more years of nursing experience than me in the same arena and the other nurse manager had less years of experience than me. They were polite and both reviewed my resume, asking me questions about my background and quizzed me on medications for a few chronic conditions. I thought the interview questions were fairly easy. A couple weeks later I received a generic email stating, “Unfortunately this position is no longer available at this time”. A few of my colleagues also did not receive offers; also interviewed by the same two clinical managers. Is it because we had our BSN and the two that interviewed us did not……. or we were not the “right fit”?

Interview Question – All questions were fairly easy.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was very innovative and the hiring process was quick. They quick numerous interview within the assigned department. Individual interview was conducted through an online system, when selected a one-on-one interview was conducted with hiring manager and finished off with additional members of assigned team.

Interview Question – There was not a difficult question or situation that occurred during the interview process, it was smooth and easy.   Answer Question

Customer Advocate Interview

Customer Advocate

Interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview Details – Currently in the process of conducting a phone interview with this company today. Did assessment test a week ago and video interview. The process seems straight forward thus far, it has been about 3 weeks since I first applied.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2014.

Interview Details – It was pretty long. The online job status update doesn't provide much insight about your application status. Other than that I really enjoyed interviewing for UHG. I did like how they conducted the face to face interviews. Got a job offer same day. Did negotiate my offer. Passed all the background check and drug test. Can't wait to start.
Advice to anyone interviewing please do as much research about the company as possible. It does payoff.

Interview Question – They were all pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Always negotiate salary/benefits.

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!