UnitedHealth Group

2.8

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

The hiring process with UHG is rigorous. It is imperative you apply for a position that best matches your skills and qualifications, as the recruiters take great measures in finding appropriate talent for available positions. I started off the application process by applying online. I took the assessment that consisted of a simulator type system that involved a role playing process of the position. You take a few inbound calls, perform data entry while listening to the caller, and choosing (multiple choice) solutions to their questions. About a week after I applied, I received an invitation to complete a Digital Interview that is conducted through a company called HireVue. This was a first for me, and I found it very interesting. It consists of 3 behavioral type questions in which you are given 30 seconds to think of your response, and 3 minutes to answer the question. Before you begin, it will give you plenty of practice questions so you may feel comfortable when the real deal begins. Remember, the recruiters can share this with as many people as they would like. Be professional, smile, do NOT look at yourself talking. Keep eye contact with the camera. Just be YOU! Once I completed my digital interview, 2 days later I received a call from a recruiter wanting to set up a telephone interview. It lasted for about 45 minutes.In the telephone interview, you will discuss your professional background and what you are looking for within the company. You will be asked numerous behavioral questions. My best advice to you is to be prepared for anything. Know why you want to be a part of UHG. Read up on their culture values, mission..It will definitely benefit you and show the recruiter that you have done your homework. At the end of my telephone interview, the recruiter stated she was going to move my application forward in the hiring process, and I would soon be hearing from the hiring manager to set up a face to face. After about a week, I finally heard from the recruiter asking when I would be available for face to face. I received my face to face interview on Thursday, Sept. 18th. The hiring manager brought in a laptop in which she recorded my responses. We talked about previous employment, my skills and qualifications, what I could bring to UHG, what set me aside from other candidates, WHY UHG, along with going over the position and what it entailed. The interview took about 45 minutes to complete. She was very pleasant and made me feel very comfortable while being in "the hot seat". I want to applaud UHG for being so professional and compassionate through this process. I must admit, there were plenty of times I became discouraged, as the process seems to take forever. Especially when you really, really want the job! Just be patient. Great things come to those who wait. Be sure to utilize the resources available to you such as the UHG career website including your job page, reach out to HR Direct for any questions, and also the Live Recruiter Chat. Also be sure to check all of your e-mail folders as some can get caught in the Junk Mail file. The recruiters are more than happy to help you and can usually give some good insight as to where you are in the hiring process. Good luck to everyone!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to explain something complex to a customer.   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time you helped an irate customer and what did you do to handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you achieved something great in the workplace.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be a part of UHG?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help a stranger. Why did you do it?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation necessary. The offer was more than I was expecting it to be! Definitely a plus!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

up until the second phone interview i felt they are encouraging and fair and i had good hopes about them as an employer. the initial tests were easy for me because i have long term experience in healthcare insurance. the second Interview changed all that and frankly it was downright awful.

Interview Questions
    • the interviewer was much too nosy about my ex employer trying to get me to trash talk why i was applying to them and they had sent the job salary too, yes it was a decrease but it became almost accusatory and very unsettling when he wouldn't let that go either, after that i felt he was at best rude. the situation questions i felt were a waste of my time because i already answered similar on the initial test. needless to say i wasn't too surprised when i received my blow off email that i didn't get the job, a job i could do in my sleep. i wouldn't waste my time applying here again and i feel that their interviewer should be fired for how he treats potential job candidates.   View Answer

Inside Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

filled out the application, waited for over one month before receiving an email ask me to record an interview video; and then had a brief phone screening with the recruiter; and final interview was face-to-face with the hiring manager. after receiving a conditional offer, has to do a comprehensive background check as well as drug screening.

Interview Questions
    • video recording wasn't easy as I kept redoing it over and over again to make sure i look best. everything else was not hard.   Answer Question

Community Health Worker Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in December 2014.

Applied online, a recruiter called set up a telephone interview for the next morning. The telephone interview was with three ladies all of whom have been with the company for a few years. Very relaxed during interview and it was like talking to some old friends. They asked a few questions about my job experience and how I would feel being in different situations on the job. End of interview. Was contacted the next day and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • All questions was from my experience and from my resume.   Answer Question
    The offered more than I asked for, so no negotiation needed.

IT Claims Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Phone interview with the hiring manager - easy.
    In-person interview to meet the team I will be working with if I get the position - easy. Three people I met with and pretty much each person had there own set of questions to ask about claims, EDI or the confirgation sets in FACETS.

Interview Questions
    • The difficult part was answering truthfully to the questions I did not know off the top of my head because I have not been on FACETS is 3.5 years.   Answer Question

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

I got in touch with UnitedHealth through my universities career fair. Had an online interview which consisted of recording my answers, which was a bit awkward. Afterwards, I received an invitation to go to their headquarters. This consisted of a very organized full day of seeing the company and 2 45 minute interviews. Typical interview questions, everyone was extremely friendly.

Interview Questions
    • If your superior wasn't at the office for a day, what would you do?   Answer Question

Clinical Administrative Coordinator Interview

Very easy and fast! Person from recruiting contacting me and went through basic background information. Then was invited for a virtual interview which was very easy to complete. Recruiter contacted me and scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager and within two days I recieved an offer!

Interview Questions
    Provided with the salary, no negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Online assessment.Phone interview. Face-to-face. Now waiting for a phone to see if I got the job or not. Very easy. The hiring manager was super easy going and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you went out of your way to help a customer.   Answer Question

Business Process Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Unclear about what the company was looking for. Most of the positions were filled by people who already had connections and knew the staff. This was not a position for people with experience

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Beware! This was the most BIZARRE interview I have ever been on. I interviewed in Basking Ridge, NJ in September of 2014. The interviewer was nice enough, however, talked more about himself during the interview (ie. his car, things he did in college) I was like OOOOOOOOK. Spent a lot of time checking his phone as well. I got the impression that he got his position by knowing someone on the inside.

A few days later I was contacted by a recruiter who asked that I do a HireVue. I came to find out this is usually the first step in the process before even being brought in for a f2f. At that point, I was no longer interested in the position. I knew I would not feel comfortable reporting to a manager who told me that he was a huge micromanager right during the interview. Very inexperienced. Also, I get the sense that recruiting/HR is very unorganized.