UnitedHealth Group

676 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was very innovative and the hiring process was quick. They quick numerous interview within the assigned department. Individual interview was conducted through an online system, when selected a one-on-one interview was conducted with hiring manager and finished off with additional members of assigned team.

Interview Question – There was not a difficult question or situation that occurred during the interview process, it was smooth and easy.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – First I had to fill out the online application. After being contacted i had to do a recorded interview that was on a webcam (no personal interaction.. the program would ask you the questions and gave you a couple minutes to answer and when you were done answering you could press a button for it to stop recording) Then i had an onsite interview with a panel of employees.. very informal.

Interview Question – None, very conversational interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Very Difficult Interview

Agent On-Boarding Operation Representative Interview

Agent On-Boarding Operation Representative
Minnetonka, MN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was long and brutal.

I applied for the position online using the UHG website. After submitting the application, I received a confirmation email informing me that a recruiter would be in touch if I met the qualifications for the positions.

About two weeks after submitting the application, I received a call from a recruiter who discussed the inner-workings of the position with me as well as verified a few points on my resume. At the end of this discussion, she informed me that I had to complete a virtual online interview using "HireVue" in order to be moved further in the process. That evening, I completed the virtual interview which consisted of four fairly simple situation-response questions.

The day after completing the virtual interview, the same recruiter called me back to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled for the following morning.

The phone interview with the recruiter lasted about thirty minutes, and consisted of an in-depth review of my resume, computer skills, education, and several questions pertaining to how I react in different work situations. At the end of this interview, the recruiter informed me that I would be further contacted if I was chosen to move along in the process.

About one week after the phone interview, I received a call from a different recruiter who had a few more questions for me regarding my resume and education history. She again informed me that I would be notified if I was chosen to move forward.

One day later, I received a call from yet a different recruiter, who invited me to come in for an in-person interview. I was instructed to dress professionally and bring a professional resume. I scheduled this in-person interview for the following day.

The in-person interview was with a department supervisor and a high-standing employee in the department. They were both extremely friendly and asked me several questions about my work history, how I respond to various issues in the workplace, among other topics. They were helpful with all questions I had and very enthusiastic about their jobs. This interview lasted just under one hour. At the end of this interview, the supervisor informed me that there would be second-interviews conducted, and that I would be informed within a few days if I was chosen to proceed to the second-interview.

Four days later, I received a call from a recruiter who told me that I was selected for a second interview. I scheduled the interview for later in that week.

The second interview was with a different supervisor and another employee from the department, and only lasted about twenty minuted. I was asked a few more situation-response questions, the job was explained further, and my questions were answered. I was informed that I would be given a decision in 2-3 weeks.

Exactly three weeks after my second-interview, I received a phone call from the first supervisor I interviewed with offering me the position.

Interview Question – Give me the three best reasons that I should hire you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It seemed pretty take-it-or-leave-it.

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Southfield, MI

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – A third party IT staffing company contacted me via email to arrange a Skype interview. Skype interview went well and they just asked really simple questions that didn't really relate to IT (just basically talking back and forth). Got a call a few days later to come in for a group interview, so I came in and was met by the head of the staffing company and about 10 other candidates. Again, really painless interview questions to basically make sure we had people skills. Got a call about a week later to arrange an interview with the actual company. This felt like an actual interview, with two different people. One was the head of HR and the other from the IT department. Questions were general interview questions but all seemed similar, so finding different answers were somewhat difficult but manageable.

Interview Question – Name a time where you had to be creative in solving a problem at work or school.   Answer Question

Senior IT Systems Management Analyst Interview

Senior IT Systems Management Analyst
Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview Details – Got a call from United Health Group from the hiring manager. Interviewed with the manager then 2 other people. One of the people was from the development area and the other was over-the-phone with offshore employee. Was offered the position the very next day.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They don't negotiate salary at all

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Falls Church, VA

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied back in April for one of their openings. The day after, I applied, I received a link to complete a prescreen via Hirevue. I was asked 7 questions in which I responded via webcam. I received a call from the recruiter the day after. She then shared my resume with the hiring manager. I waited 5 weeks to have an interview via webcam with the hiring manager. I received no feedback from the recruiter and had to send several emails to get some feedback. It's been 10 weeks and still no response on the status of this job. The job is still open. This process has affected my view of United Health. They have made the interview process very impersonal and don't respond to emails. It seems like they have no respect or appreciation for potential new hires. I'm definitely disappointed on the way, I have been treated and ignored.

Interview Question – The interview questions were fair. Why are you looking for a new job? How does your skillet fit with this opening?   Answer Question

RN Case Manager Interview

RN Case Manager
Greensboro, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, never heard back; same position was posted a month later and I again applied online, this 2nd time I received a call 2 days after applying from a recruiter who set up a time for a phone call HR interview; HR phone interview was somewhat stiff-information gathering, confirming what I did at previous jobs and why I left my last job, asked me why I was interested in a career with case management and then gave me 1 behavioral question (name a time you had to make a critical decision and you didn't have enough info to make that decision, what I did and how it turned out); the next morning the local hiring manager called me to schedule the face to face interview...did face to face in the morning, that afternoon I was called by HR with a job offer..

Interview Question – Face to face was mainly telling me about the position and then several behavioral questions; 2 interviewers present, both laid back and friendly; name a time you upset a coworker or boss-what did you do and what happened; name a time you went above and beyond your duties to help a patient; name something career oriented that you're proud of (award, certificate), name a time you disagreed with a policy and didn't really follow it   View Answer

Negotiation Details – HR called me with the salary and benefits package they wanted to offer me and asked how it sounded; honestly, I had an "acceptable" number (low), an "ideal" number ($5k above acceptable) and an "I wish" number ($5k above ideal) that I had in my head...their offer was OVER my "I wish" number and benefits were excellent (PTO)...I didn't even try to negotiate, I was thrilled! :)

Provider Data Specialist Interview

Provider Data Specialist
Trumbull, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in February 2012.

Interview Details – Fill out application on line, then the recruiter calls to set up interview with supervisor, had to go in for an assestment, a drug test at their lab, then I called back for the interview with the manager. The interview lasted about 30 minutes, the manager put me at ease and made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Question – There really weren't any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Counselor Interview

Counselor

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in June 2014.

Interview Details – Three stage process. After applying for the position I received a confirmation of submission email. I was then asked to complete a digital interview with United Health Group. The digital interview served as the first phase of the interview process. The second phase included a telephone interview with a company recruiter.

Interview Question – Where do I see my skills working in this job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pleasant

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. I then moved on to the assessment. After completing that I was contacted about a video interview. During this time I was given 3-4 on the screen and my answers were recorded. After that I had a phone interview. After the phone interview came the face to face interview. I received an offer and now I'm just waiting on the background check to clear.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to multitask and something went wrong. How was it corrected?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at UnitedHealth Group

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!

UnitedHealth Group Videos

UnitedHealth Group – Why Work for Us?

We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UnitedHealth Group interview questions and advice. All 676 interview reviews posted anonymously by UnitedHealth Group employees and interview candidates.