UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions

1,148 Interview Reviews

2.7

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Getting a job at United Health Group is a long process, but it can be done, so if you're interested in working here, don't give up. I applied online to a ton of open positions - they have dozens of open project management positions at any given time. For one of these positions, I received an email from UHG recruiting inviting me to a digital interview (this email went to my spam folder in Gmail, so CHECK THE SPAM!!!). Upon receipt of the email, you have 48 hours to complete the interview. The digital interview is awkward. I'm lucky enough in that I have a new desktop Mac with a webcam. This whole process would be tough to do on a tablet or smartphone. I thought I royally screwed the digital interview up, as I stumbled on my answers and didn't think I was articulate enough. It's very awkward talking to yourself. Keep in mind though, most of the other candidates also think it's awkward, so if you blunder through some of the questions, don't fret too much. And SMILE! The questions are pretty easy -- very basic interview questions ("Tell me why you want to work here" "describe one of the projects you managed") and there's only 5 of them but again, it's awkward! Make sure you dress up (I work my suit) and be mindful of any background clutter. Apparently they liked me enough to proceed to the next round. The next round consisted of two phone interviews -- one with HR and one with the hiring manager. My hiring manager was located across the country, so there would be no in-person with her. The hiring manager didn't ask me any silly interview questions - it was just a conversation about my skills. Again, I thought I bombed it, but I must've done well, as about a week and a half later, I was invited for an in-person interview with two team members. The in-person was a breeze. It didn't seem like an interview. I just had a conversation with two team members on-site, about what I'd be working on when I initially start the role. I knew I had the job when I left, as one of the team members said he would start the process with HR that afternoon. The next day, I had an offer from the UHG recruiter by phone. They make an offer, and THEN they do the paperwork after you accept -- it's background check by an outside firm and a drug test (pee in a cup). All in all, this whole process took about 2.5-3 months, from initial online app to my start date. It's a long process, but it's a huge company and if you want to work here, keep applying.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current position   1 Answer

Provider Relations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

First did the video interview then phone interview with the recruiter. And then another phone interview with Director AND he said there will be 3 more interviews to come!!! Too much!!

Interview Questions

• Please explain a time where you experience personal risk during work   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

After submitting an application online, I was asked to do a HireVue webcam interview - those always make me nervous because you have to watch yourself answering questions. About a week later I was emailed asking if I could meet for an in-person interview at the Optum campus in Minnetonka. At the in-person interview I was interviewed by 2 people. It was later in the day and one of the interviewers just seemed disengaged and tired. The other seemed a little more active and but quiet. The interview itself took about 45 minutes. I was escorted out by the tired interviewer who seemed more preoccupied with getting a coffee than properly seeing me out. I found out 2 weeks later by looking at my job statuses in Taleo that I was not selected - did not receive any email or anything.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to report unethical behavior.   Answer Question

Senior Quality Analyst (QA) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Took me close to 3 months to get hired. Very unprofessional .. They asked me to take 2 hrs aside off the day for the web cam interview. But no one came into the chat room. I call them bur no response. Finally next day someone calls me back and tells me that's the hiring manager web cam is not working. Also I travelled to san Diego for the interview , but the day before hr calls me to inform that my interview is postponed to next week and it will be in Irvine, because hiring manager wants to see me in Irvine office. Seriously?? Very unprofessional. Also did I mention that they didn't pay for my travel expenses or hotel accommodations..

Interview Questions

• Just regular QA, agile and scrum questions   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after a friend submitting a referral (4 days). The email had a link to a video portal where the second interview needed to be completed within 48 hours. Your answers are recorded and HR reviews them at a later date - it's not face-to-face so there is no opportunity to ask questions. When you log in to complete, you get a practice question that you can review before moving on to the live recordings. I had 3 minutes to answer each question (5 total questions) with 30 seconds in-between to prepare. I highly recommend practicing before hand so it isn't as awkward. I heard back within 4 business days that I would get a phone interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your experience in project management. Please describe your experience managing projects at a large corporation. How would you rate your Excel abilities?   Answer Question

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Basking Ridge, NJ).

Interview

Three interviews with many questions about professional background. There were not any hypothetical scenario questions which was good. This meant the interviewer knew what they were doing. The Manager had a technical assistant also inquire in my knowledge. It was stressed repeatedly this was a position that required a lot of travel. This seems normal for the company so do not be surprised.

Interview Questions

• Can you travel? There is a lot of traveling; 100%   1 Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Horsham, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and took the survey. Two days later i received an email requesting a phone interview. Then two days after that I received another email for another interview in the office. I interviewed with two men. One was in the office and the other was on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have to make a difficult decision and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Healthcare Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

There were no random questions in the interview, very focussed discussion about my past work in relevance to the job posting. There was video interview, that they used to screen, then a phone interview by the recruiter, followed by a phone interview by the hiring manager. Then there was a skill test and finally a panel interview with the hiring manager and two other team members.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because I had read on glassdoor that they do not negotiate. Also the offer was same as my expectations.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Houston, TX).

Interview

very smooth and helpful, four or five managers ask you different types of questions, they are very friends and welcoming. ask you about how proficient you are with Microsoft word

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Marietta, GA).

Interview

The interview went smooth the on the phone and in person. The long part is going through the hard process of the in depth background screening. I didn't like that I got the offer only if I pass everything. It's like you on pins and needles until you go to orientations..I don't do drugs but I didn't fill the line up, so I had to wait at the faculty until I could and if I leave, I would be saying I use drugs or I am not willing to cooperate. I had up to 3 hours also.

Interview Questions

• All questions are about what would you do in different types of situations.   Answer Question