UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2014
Updated Sep 27, 2014

2.8

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

The process of hiring at UHG is very efficient. The recruiters work hard to bring talent in the organization in a timely manner.
    You're more likely to go through a phone interview with a recruiter first and then with the hiring manager. The process is structured, but is pretty informal and intuitive. This worked for me.

I didn't negotiate for a long time, the job sounded exciting and i was offered the top of my range right away.

Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

I applied online for a couple different positions. I was emailed a message and link from hirevue asking to do a digital interview. In that interview they allow you to do 3 or so practice questions. You have 30 seconds to prepare and 3 minutes to answer the question. The questions were situational and customer service related. Then, a couple of days passed and I got a call from a recruiter stating that I now had a phone interview. In the phone interview they basically just asked your level of knowledge is with a computer. If you have used and know how to use powerpoint, excel, Microsoft outlook etc..... They also asked about your prior jobs and as to why you are leaving them and what you got paid. That same afternoon I received call stating they wanted to schedule an interview with the hiring manager the next day. I went to the interview, there was a women in person and man on the phone. The women an d man both introduced themselves and she then explained what the job position was, what the expected and then they get to the situational questions. They asked 3. #1 Name a situation in which you resolved an unhappy customers issue and how you handled it. #2 Tell us about a situation where you had to explain something complex in depth with a customer. (That question caught me off guard for some reason) and lastly #3 Tell us about a situation where you were frustrated and how you handled your emotions. They concluded the interview after that and stated a recruiter would be in touch with me from that point on. The male on the phone really just listened and asked you to elaborate on your answers and made you go more in depth.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a situation where you had to explain something complex in depth with a customer?; This question was hard for me because I just couldn't recall an actual situation in which that happened. My mind went blank.   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Well planned interview cycle, but a little on the overdone side. Felt like interviewers were just working a behavioral based question template provided by Human Capital, which took up all of the scheduled time so no opportunity to talk about the actual job requirements/description. 4 formal interviews totalling approx. 4+ hours. All by phone. Entire cycle took 30 days/1 month to complete.

Consultant Interview

Got recruited at campus. Attended career fair, 2 rounds of interviews and was given offer letter. Round 1 was behavioral and round 2 was more of a discussion on past experience, 'fit' . Interview questions were standard. Nothing unexpected or out of the ordinary.

Clinical Quality RN Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Still in the process. I received an email suggesting a job matched my qualifications (this was on Sunday night). I applied the next day (Monday) and that evening I got an email for Skype type interview, I completed that on Tuesday. Two days later I received an email to set up a time for a telephone interview with recruiter, I did the telephone interview on Friday. A week later I received a call to set up a third interview with hiring manager. That interview is still pending.

Customer Care Professional Interview

I applied online - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Very straightforward. There was a phone interview; in-person computer skills test (which was disguised as "log in to this terminal and print your information for us"); and in-person interview. Interview process went exactly as they described it would.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Looking for commitment and internet saavy One day in Manderly it is if you kind of have to need to will do what bees need without bpa and clean water monarchs need pollen roulette were blind milk hours will it so that child round nights do not have to swim. Then there are times when ocean sands why are doughnuts happen to other people when it is run by wolves and dogs and other things

RN Call Center Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

The process took a little over a week. I applied online, the next day I received an email for Hirevue and a phone call from the recruiter who told me about the job and hours. I completed the hirevue and thought I blew it but got a call the next day from the recruiter saying they wanted a face to face interview. Two days later, on a Friday, I completed the face to face interview. She said she was moving me forward and asked what time I could talk to her manager on Monday. I said before 11am and THEY called at 10:45 for a 15 minute panel interview. The short interview ended and I was told I would hear from the recruiter. The recruiter called 2 hours later and offered me a job!!!
    FAST AND EFFICIENT!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult situation and how did you handle it. Tell me about a situation that challenged your ethics. What did you do?   Answer Question
    No negotiation they offered more than I was told to expect.

IT Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Five interviews in total spanning some ten weeks. Four audio/telephonic only and one in person with a panel teleconferencing with four people. Hired and no training or discussion of direction for the first five weeks of employment.

Interview Questions
    • Accomplishments as an individual contributor versus group accomplishments. Which do you prefer and why.   Answer Question
    No negotiation allowed.

On Site Case Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2014.

Started with the online application submission, next day i recieved an email of reciept and an invitation to do a recorded video. The video was one way, lots of practise questions if you need them. Prepared in advance, have answers to possible scenario type questions prepared. Best advise. .....smile! The recruiter later told me thats what made me stand out.the day after the video was submitted, i recieved a request for a phone interview with a recruiter. Set my time and they were very punctual! Brief phone interview, reviewed job description, benefits and pay range. Then told that the hiring manager would be calling me in the next few days. That same day, she called to set up anotherphone interview with herself and an additional person. Compledted next day, situational questions, further clarity about job and expectations. After interview i sent a thank you email and two hours later, a response with information regarding start dates. The next day, job offer. Now pending drug test and background check.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, as i had used this forum prior to the interview and already knew the type of questions being asked   Answer Question
    No need, what i was hoping for

UnitedHealth Group Response

Sep 15, 2014Talent Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share insights around your positive experience and congratulations on your offer!

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!