UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.9

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Horsham, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and took the survey. Two days later i received an email requesting a phone interview. Then two days after that I received another email for another interview in the office. I interviewed with two men. One was in the office and the other was on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have to make a difficult decision and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Very friendly and nice. No one seem to know that i had a interview and had to find a manager willing to interview me. This mad me aware that i may not get the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer?   Answer Question

Senior IT Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Tampa, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

I did a virtual interview which consisted of a answering a few questions related to the position. Next I was contacted by a recruiter that confirmed all the info I put down on the application. I was then contacted by scheduling coordinator who scheduled the initial phone interview with the hiring manager. On the day of the interview, I received a call from the scheduling coordinator 10 mins before the phone interview was suppose to start. The scheduling coordinator informed me that the interview had been cancelled, I asked why and she said "something came up". A few weeks went by and I was contacted again to schedule another phone interview, this time the 30 min phone interview with hiring manager when well. I was contacted a days later by the scheduling coordinator for an in person interview. The in person interview was very un-organzied, I was interviewed by the hiring manager who asked the same questions as he did on the phone interview and 2 directs that reported to him. His directs didn't have any technical questions prepared so everything they asked was off the cuff, I was able to answer all the questions because I have hands on experience working with the majority of the technology they are using. I consider myself to be a plug and play type of candidate so I'm not sure why didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you every worked in a ITIL environment?   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Within a week I received an invitation to self-identify and once that was complete an invitation for a video interview. Had to complete the video interview within 48 hours. Recommend repeating the practice questions multiple times until you are comfortable. I am still waiting for the next step in the process after completing the video interview.

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Sugar Land, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Their interview process was three parts and was very tedious and time consuming. The first was answering behavioral questions on line. Upon advancing, the next consisted of a lengthy phone interview with more behavioral questions. I then advanced to the face to face interview in which the hiring manager read from about four pages of information and then obtained my signature. Once again he asked more behavioral questions. This entire process took about a week.

Interview Questions

• Think about a time when at your job, you became emotional. What did you do to get through it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moorhead, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Moorhead, MN) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a video interview. A video recording of a person asking a question then 30 seconds to think about the question and 3 minutes to answer. The interview was five questions and around 10 minutes long. There were no second chances when answering. They stressed to be yourself and relax and let your personality show. The process was different than what I've experienced before, not bad, just different. I'm determined to keep trying.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had difficulty communicating with someone and how you managed it.   Answer Question

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

After submitting an application online, I was asked to do a HireVue webcam interview - those always make me nervous because you have to watch yourself answering questions. About a week later I was emailed asking if I could meet for an in-person interview at the Optum campus in Minnetonka. At the in-person interview I was interviewed by 2 people. It was later in the day and one of the interviewers just seemed disengaged and tired. The other seemed a little more active and but quiet. The interview itself took about 45 minutes. I was escorted out by the tired interviewer who seemed more preoccupied with getting a coffee than properly seeing me out. I found out 2 weeks later by looking at my job statuses in Taleo that I was not selected - did not receive any email or anything.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to report unethical behavior.   Answer Question

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Initially made contact with a recruiter. She was awesome. From that point, I went on to have 5 interviews. Yep, five. The fourth interview was face to face. Afterwards, I was contacted by the hiring manager's supervisor to interview me again. Apparently, the hiring manager was having some difficulty making a decision. Unfortunately, I was notified by email (from someone in HR that I'd no previous contact with) that I did not get the job. Totally rude. After wasting someone's time on 5 different occasions, I definitely believe a telephone call was warranted.

Interview Questions

• typical behavioral interview. reading directly from a script. describe difficult patient? how did you handle adversity/conflict?   Answer Question

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

My experience has been long. I first applied for customer care professional last year. I made it to the phone interview, but the recruiter start complaining that I was talking too fast, and I knew I wasn't gonna process to the next step. Fast forward to a year and 6 months later I applied for this postiion which has the same pay. First after you submit your application, you complete an assessment. After that I got a phone call from a recruiter in the phillipines, to schedule a phone interview the next week. I actually ended up interviewing on the phone with the same person who scheduled it. There was a lot of technical difficulties and I had to call her back, but I got through the interview. It was about 30 minutes. Basically we went over my work history, then she asked why I want to work for them, and 5 behavioral scenario questions. I recommend that you research the company and answer the scenarios questions with examples from the job the is the most relevant to the position. Also answer the questions using the STAR method. Since I was prepared, the interview wasn't hard. Next I was told I was moving on to the final interview and received a call from talent acquisitions. I scheduled the interview the following day. At the final interview I was welcomed by the interviewer and most of the time we spent talking about the position, schedule, and dress code. I was asked 3 behavioral scenario questions. It was a very nice calm atmosphere, and I felt more like I was having a conversation than an interview. I was told I will receive a call next week, and by the interviewer attitude I feel I did very good. Now I am just waiting for a response, hopefully I will receive an offer, but if not I would use this experience to better me for my next interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a coworker says he/she doesn't understand there job?   1 Answer

Wasn't Told Exactly (Program Manager/Senior Project Manager) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Golden Valley, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Hiring manager reached out to me via email; I responded next day. Then HR called me to talk; and then scheduled an in-person interview with hiring manger, his manager, and peer manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you can't get someone to do something or give you updates or priority?   Answer Question