UnitedHealth Group Provider Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.5

Provider Phone Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Applied. I received an email and took online test. Received a call from a recruiter and did a phone interview. offered interview with hiring manager. I was hired and started a few weeks later

Provider Relations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

First did the video interview then phone interview with the recruiter. And then another phone interview with Director AND he said there will be 3 more interviews to come!!! Too much!!

Interview Questions

• Please explain a time where you experience personal risk during work   Answer Question

Provider Relations Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Iselin, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied for the position on their online website. Was then sent an email to complete a video interview which I did and bombed. I figured they wouldn't call me, but they did and I scheduled an in person interview. Interviewed with who would be my manager. She was very nice, described the job and what it detailed. She never really asked me anything like a typical interview. Then met with her manager. He didn't ask me a thing either. Basically said I had what they were looking for and that was it. One of the easiest interviews on the planet.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with providers in person?   Answer Question

I was offered another position with a different company that paid more salary wise, had work from home potential, and better health benefits.

Provider Relations Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Telephone Interview, 2nd telephone Interview, presentation. Presentation needed to be about something you knew about and was given in front of 5 people. You had to create a power point and bring handouts

Interview Questions

• Describe how your background and experience meets what we are looking for.   1 Answer
    • How would you handle an irate provider?   1 Answer

The salary offered was not enough to convince me to leave my current employer in addition to the position required many of the same requirements that I do not like about my current position. Why give up seniority for the same situation and just a little more pay?

Senior Provider Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Des Moines, IA) in July 2015.

Interview

A long process! Starts out with phone interview with screener. Be ready for Behavior based questions. Seems like it was 4 questions, Then on to phone interview with hiring manager. Next is face to face with hiring manager. All very nice people, but it takes awhile... I got to 3rd interview and never heard back! An e-mail would've a nice close either way.

Customer Service Representative- Providers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Maryland Heights, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a joke. It consisted of completing an assessment that no one seemed to know how to properly conduct. I then sat in a room with a manager that read over my resume and then told me his entire life story. I was told during the interview that starting pay was one particular amount, however the following day during a "followup call" I was told an amount that was $1.75 less than the original amount by a different person.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position? How long do you plan on working here? Is sitting in a call center in a cubicle all day something that you would enjoy?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Miami, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

UnitedHealth Group hiring process consists of a phone interview, face-to-face interview(s), pre-employment background investigation, reference checking and post-offer drug screen. In some instances, pre-employment testing/assessment may also be required. The process took a month from the time I applied to the time I got the job offer. And it took almost 2 months from the time I applied to the time that I actually started.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us a time when you made a mistake; and did you accept responsibility?   Answer Question

Provider Relations Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Interview process is standard. Recruitment specialist to determine initial qualifications, phone interview, and in person interviews. Really seem to want to find the best fit for the position. Prepared for standard interview questions, position related, and behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you have a clear understanding of what the position is. Be able to explain in your own words.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I went in knowing the salary range and what I wanted. Between salary, pto, benefits was able to get what I was looking for.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

The recruiter that called me was very kind and knowledgeable about the position I had applied for. She scheduled me the next day for a face to face interview with the hiring manager.The iring manager was extremely down to earth and made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

easy

Provider Advocate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in September 2014.

Interview

Very long process. You have to continue to watch for updates because the job requirements may change after you had applied. The recruiters do not follow up with you. Currently, UHC uses a video recording to conduct an initial interview. This is in personal and technical issues may occur that you are unaware of.